Future Franchise Savior?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Future Franchise Savior?

kray28_ wrote:
kikanga wrote:
KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
Wilkes52 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
As we all know, you have to have superstars to win in the NBA.

The guy we need to get in my opinion is this freak of nature Thon Maker.

He could potentially be another Kevin Durant or even better. I think absolute worst case he ends up being a better overall player than Kevin Garnett....

I stopped reading there because now we're into fiction writing. I've seen too many past examples of these types of predictions (of a "can't miss HoF pro career") for a high school star who fizzled out far, far, far short. Let's just say Maker looks promising now and we'll wait for the results to start happening for him in college.

This reminds me of those who said the same thing about the hype machine surrounding LBJ. Thon is the real deal. He will be great

Couldn't agree more. An unike 7 footers like Embiid, Ogden, Bynum, etc. he looks like a much more durable player. His low body fat percentage takes a lot of stress away from his back and legs (which often lead to big man injury).

I remember back in 2005, everyone was talking up this high school phenom named Greg Oden.

I wasn't. I did to LBJ after seeing him play and I do so now to Maker after seeing his skill set.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Future Franchise Savior?

kray28_ wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Wilkes52 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
As we all know, you have to have superstars to win in the NBA.

The guy we need to get in my opinion is this freak of nature Thon Maker.

He could potentially be another Kevin Durant or even better. I think absolute worst case he ends up being a better overall player than Kevin Garnett....

I stopped reading there because now we're into fiction writing. I've seen too many past examples of these types of predictions (of a "can't miss HoF pro career") for a high school star who fizzled out far, far, far short. Let's just say Maker looks promising now and we'll wait for the results to start happening for him in college.

This reminds me of those who said the same thing about the hype machine surrounding LBJ. Thon is the real deal. He will be great

Couldn't agree more. An unike 7 footers like Embiid, Ogden, Bynum, etc. he looks like a much more durable player. His low body fat percentage takes a lot of stress away from his back and legs (which often lead to big man injury).

I remember back in 2005, everyone was talking up this high school phenom named Greg Oden.

I wasn't. I did to LBJ after seeing him play and I do so now to Maker after seeing his skill set.

+1.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject:

He's playing against babies right now. high school competition has literally never been worse or close to this bad. we'll see how he plays in college. his skillset bares a lot of potential
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject:

I don't know why you guys are so high/excited about this kid;
we all know that if he blossoms into the #1 pick in the NBA he will end up in CLEVELAND!!
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
I don't know why you guys are so high/excited about this kid;
we all know that if he blossoms into the #1 pick in the NBA he will end up in CLEVELAND!!

Lol, so true.....
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject:

look at high school competition these days. look at the guards and often times the "big men" on the opposing team going up against this #1 prospect. (not Thon). these kids look like babies! pre puberty type babies

look at Aaron Gordon's high school competition. kids are small these days man. lol

Karl Towns. lol look at his teammates lineup next to him, kids lookin like 8th graders body wise and in the face. and look at his competition for the rest of the video.

julius randle's competition. babies.

gotta wait til prospects get in college these days to see how good they really are.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject:

Maybe if OKC continue to not win the ring, we could go after westbrook and pair him with Klay Thompson... While hoping Randle turn. Into a star
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: