LOTTERY REFORM FAILS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject: LOTTERY REFORM FAILS

Quote:
An effort to reform the NBA's draft lottery process failed to get enough votes to pass at the league's board of governors meeting Wednesday (LINK BELOW)

LOTTERY REFORM FAILS!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject:

BOO
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject:

Several teams apparently figured out that LA might end up with a lotto pick this year.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject:

And the 2015 #1 pick goes to the Cleveland Cavaliers....
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject:

"Unintended consequences?"

!...
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject:

What a bunch of crock. All these small market teams whine and complain and are now given too much power in these negotiations. It's not the big market teams' fault that these smaller markets really probably shouldn't even have teams in the first place.
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject:

It is a shame. Really dissapointed.

There needs to be a way to punish teams that willing tank or appear to tank.

Some way to prevent it. Maybe make every spot in the draft available to be selected, not just the top 5 or 10. Your team didn't make the playoffs, fine. But the choosing shouldn't stop at 5 or 10. Everyone is in play. Of course the chance of getting a good pick decreases as your record is better. There should also be a handicap depending on your team's pick from last year. If you got the 1st pick last year and you are still in true lottery range you get dinged for it. Maybe you lose a few lotto balls or maybe even strictly prohibited from getting the 1st pick in consecutive years.

Also, there should be a way to help teams not only that are bad, but also barely bad. What the big problem in the NBA is that if you aren't outright contending, you should be tanking. Why should I watch this sport or product as a whole if this is a mindset?

And for the love of God, for the last time, show the lotto ball selection live. What is there to hide? If state lotteries can show you it live, why can't the NBA.

Bye.
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject:

God damned small market teams. I liked the idea of the first 6 picks being determined by the lottery. Philly gets to tank freely this season without any consequences. They have a roster that looks like they're going to lose 70 games.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject:

It doesn't matter what the system is, you people would still find something to (bleep) about and cry conspiracy.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject:

c/o Woj

Here were the 13 "No" votes, sources told Yahoo: PHX, PHL, OKC, NO, DET, MIA, MIL, San Antonio, Utah, Wash, ATL, CHA and Chicago.
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject:

I hope soon the Lakers, Knicks, And Celtics revenue starts to take a hit and the league starts to feel the damage. Maybe then it'll learn not to cater to the small market teams.
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Telleris wrote:
c/o Woj

Here were the 13 "No" votes, sources told Yahoo: PHX, PHL, OKC, NO, DET, MIA, MIL, San Antonio, Utah, Wash, ATL, CHA and Chicago.

Hmm....small markets except for Chicago. Chicago must still be remembering post Jordan and the more recent Rose injury. PHL just has no class.

Bye.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Washington isnt small market, neither is Atlanta really
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Telleris wrote:

In the NBA they are. No one - and I mean absolutely no one - gives a (bleep) about the Hawks out here
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:05 pm    Post subject:

gumby wrote:

Some way to prevent it. Maybe make every spot in the draft available to be selected, not just the top 5 or 10. Your team didn't make the playoffs, fine. But the choosing shouldn't stop at 5 or 10. Everyone is in play. Of course the chance of getting a good pick decreases as your record is better. There should also be a handicap depending on your team's pick from last year. If you got the 1st pick last year and you are still in true lottery range you get dinged for it. Maybe you lose a few lotto balls or maybe even strictly prohibited from getting the 1st pick in consecutive years.

Also, there should be a way to help teams not only that are bad, but also barely bad. What the big problem in the NBA is that if you aren't outright contending, you should be tanking. Why should I watch this sport or product as a whole if this is a mindset?

And for the love of God, for the last time, show the lotto ball selection live. What is there to hide? If state lotteries can show you it live, why can't the NBA.

Bye.

i think the answer is obvious.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Telleris wrote:

In the NBA they are. No one - and I mean absolutely no one - gives a (bleep) about the Hawks out here

Really nobody cares about anything but football. And really college football.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Telleris wrote:

One hundred percent true. Bulldogs>SEC> everything else
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Telleris wrote:

Yep, Hawks have been irrelevant in terms of being a contender in the NBA for the past 20 years. Its safe to stay most people haven't cared about the Hawks since the Dominique Wilkins days. Also it doesn't help that they are basically the whipping boy for every eastern conference team once they manage to the make the playoffs.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Telleris wrote:

One hundred percent true. Bulldogs>SEC> everything else

Yellow Jackets!
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:50 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
gumby wrote:

Bye.

i think the answer is obvious.

Of course it is. But one can at least hope for something different.

Bye.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:07 am    Post subject:

Something tells me OKC thinks it may have to do what the 76ers are doing in a few years when Durant, then Westbrook leaves.

OKC has shown Durant/Russ that it won't spend the necessary $ to win. Jettisoned Harden (could have kept him, or even amnestied Porkins). This summer their biggest acquisition was Morrow. Their draft selections this year are a bit puzzling too.

Durant SHOULD leave.

Russ SHOULD leave.

Then OKC will need to re-build and they need the current tank-system to re-stock like they did with KD, Russ, Harden.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject:

good, with Lakers in another down year we need all the help we can get
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject:

"Status Quo" kept.
Depressing...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:31 am    Post subject:

gumby wrote:

Bye.

If tanking is such an issue, why were the Lakers losing so many games to teams that finished below them? Should the Lakers have been punished?
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:33 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Several teams apparently figured out that LA might end up with a lotto pick this year.

I think I read that the changes wouldn't have taken place for a while anyway since it would muck up the future draft picks that have already been swapped in previous trades.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: