Steve Nash Discussion: Done for season; Nash open letter to Laker fans, pg 29
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:13 am    Post subject:

I see Larry Drew II is available in the D league. Might be best available there for the Lakers.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:20 am    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:
If I had a $10 million salary for a job, and I could not perform the job, taking all that money would not sit well with me.

If he had any class, he would:

• Donate a large portion of his salary to a charity
• Not just sit on the bench but do something for the organization
• Maybe restructure salary in a way that he can actually earn it over time as an assistant coach.

I know he's already stated that he's all about getting that money in his bank, and many think that's cool, but it will always tarnish his reputation for me.

I have a feeling that folks like Cal Ripken, John Stockton, etc. would handle things differently than Nash.

Do you people realize that Nash's contract is fully-guaranteed and insured, so even if Nash didn't play a single game last season, he was still going to make every penny of his contract? Nash did everything he could to try to get on to the court and his body isn't responding. And there's no way you can restructure your salary so that it's paid out to him as an assistant. That's circumventing the salary cap and against the CBA.

Last edited by KBH on Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:20 am    Post subject:

Chris Duhon?
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:24 am    Post subject:

Nice career. Easy HOFer. Enjoy retirement.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:42 am    Post subject:

Honestly... I don't care. Nash is one of the most extremely overrated players in NBA history. He was never a Laker to me. Just a visual representation of a horrible time in Lakers history.

Nash may have had a chance with me if he was not part of the Rainbow Hoops Brigade in Phoenix that talked so much ish about us. Watching him cry like a baby in 2010 after we whipped him was too pleasing to me for me to ever have any positive basketball feelings toward Nash.

I think Nash is probably one of the most awesome people to ever play in the NBA. But his entire career is a gimmick.

Happy retirement Mr. Nash.

Last edited by Darth Los Angeles on Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:50 am    Post subject:

For those of you bashing Nash, or even more ridiculous, claiming some sort of conspiracy to bring down the Lakers from the inside, put down the comic books and take this for what it is. Mitch rolled the dice on what could have been a high reward deal. It didn't pan out. I mean how many of you weren't jumping for joy at the thought of a Nash, Kobe, Dwight, Pau lineup? If you don't take a gamble on that working out then you never rise above the pack. But sometimes when you gamble you lose. Given the circumstances, I'm sure he'd take that bet again in a heart beat. Had things gone differently and Nash been even 75 to 80% of the player he has shown himself to be over the course of his career we would have come out as winners and no one would be (bleep). Stuff happens and not everything is in our control. Let's get over it and move on.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:00 am    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
For those of you bashing Nash, or even more ridiculous, claiming some sort of conspiracy to bring down the Lakers from the inside, put down the comic books and take this for what it is. Mitch rolled the dice on what could have been a high reward deal. It didn't pan out. I mean how many of you weren't jumping for joy at the thought of a Nash, Kobe, Dwight, Pau lineup? If you don't take a gamble on that working out then you never rise above the pack. But sometimes when you gamble you lose. Given the circumstances, I'm sure he'd take that bet again in a heart beat. Had things gone differently and Nash been even 75 to 80% of the player he has shown himself to be over the course of his career we would have come out as winners and no one would be (bleep). Stuff happens and not everything is in our control. Let's get over it and move on.

people complaining about the draft picks so far they have equated to Nemanja Nedovic and Alex Oriakh

and this year !st might hurt a bit but Lakers got Houston's 1st and if Lakers are really bad they keep their 2nd

so the Nash trade could end up being

Nash and Lin and Houstons 1st for

Nemanja Nedovic , Alex Oriakh and Lakers 2015 1st

not catostrophic in that prospective and was a risk worth taking just never worked out
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:03 am    Post subject:

that Nash trade will go down in history as one of the worst trades the Lakers have ever made. They used the money from Lamar's fiasco departure to get him. They signed him for 3 years in which he played very few games and non that I could think of at a high level. The trade will be a massive disaster, more than it has already been, if they miss the playoffs and their lottery pick goes to PHX. What a mess wow! To give a 38 year old a 3 year $27,000,000 contract is grounds for termination IMO!
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:07 am    Post subject:

Can we trade Nash for Brandon knight and ersan? Ersan is trash but knight is a good young pg to back up Lin. The only downside is that we have to extend knight and eat ersans contract next season. After that we could trade hill for Ben mclemore. They just drafted a better wing and they need a pf badly. The. We pick up okafor as a backup center.

Lin
Kobe
Wes
Boozer
Davis

Knight
Clarkson/mclemore
Young/Henry
Randle/ersan/Kelly
Okafor/sacre

Thoughts?

Idk how Sacramento feels about d.williams but I'd gladly throw in that Houston 1st if they include him in the trade.

Last edited by PICKnPOP on Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:08 am    Post subject:

Another blunder on kupcakes horrible gm resume but I'm sure he'll get a pass he always does
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:08 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
that Nash trade will go down in history as one of the worst trades the Lakers have ever made. They used the money from Lamar's fiasco departure to get him. They signed him for 3 years in which he played very few games and non that I could think of at a high level. The trade will be a massive disaster, more than it has already been, if they miss the playoffs and their lottery pick goes to PHX. What a mess wow! To give a 38 year old a 3 year $27,000,000 contract is grounds for termination IMO!

How much would you pay this player coming off of last season ??
gp gs mins fgm fga fg% 3pm 3pa 3p% 2pm 2pa 2p% ftm fta
62 62 31.6 4.8 9.0 .532 0.9 2.3 .390 3.9 6.7 .580 2.0 2.3 .894 0.4 2.6 3.0 10.7 0.6 0.1 3.7 0.9 12.5

Basically 12.5 ppg 10.7 aspg shootin 53% 39% 89%
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:16 am    Post subject:

Im sure most of us were jumping up and down when we got Nash. He was coming off a really solid season so shoot I'd gamble on him the same way Mitch did. It isn't Nash fault that Lillard collided with him and pretty much messed him up from there. I mean sure that was alot of draft picks but when we did that trade, we thought we'd be a top team so the draft picks would be pretty low. Its just unfortunate luck on our team.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:

Who are you suggesting we terminate? The entire Lakers front office? Should Kobe be waived for helping recruit Nash?

What a ridiculous thing to say.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

62 62 31.6 4.8 9.0 .532 0.9 2.3 .390 3.9 6.7 .580 2.0 2.3 .894 0.4 2.6 3.0 10.7 0.6 0.1 3.7 0.9 12.5

how old is he? If it's a 38 year old Nash I would sign him to a 1 year deal with a 2nd year team option. 38 years old PGs in the NBA are like dinosaurs when they have to chase 22 year old speed deamons around on defense.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:26 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

Who are you suggesting we terminate? The entire Lakers front office? Should Kobe be waived for helping recruit Nash?

What a ridiculous thing to say.

the front office has been an utter failure since 2010... Please stop sugar coating all their disasters. Should I start listing them? Ok I'll list a few

1. Lamar = gone for nothing that upgraded the roster (TPE was nice but wasted// see below)
2. Bynum = traded for Dwight that in turn left... so you lost both for nothing
3. Pau = after trying to trade him for years and years you finally let him become unrestricted and he leaves.... for nothing again.

So just with examples 1,2,3 you've lost the championship front court that took you to 3 finals and won 2 of them.

4. Nash = was had using the TPE mentioned above , signed for $27mil along with some 1st round picks to PHX. There's a high probability that this Lakers team misses the playoffs and surrenders their lottery pick to PHX this coming summer....

should I continue?

Last edited by KobeDunk on Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:31 am; edited 4 times in total
automatic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:27 am    Post subject:

Sad to hear. Looks like this might be it for Nash, one of my all-time favorites. I'll have good memories of at least seeing him play in the preseason this year. Good luck Steve and get healthy.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:30 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
pmacla wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

how old is he? If it's a 38 year old Nash I would sign him to a 1 year deal with a 2nd year team option. 38 years old PGs in the NBA are like dinosaurs when they have to chase 22 year old speed deamons around on defense.

You'd have done that deal, but only with the benefit of hindsight, right?

KobeDunk, January 2012.

KobeDunk wrote:
Kobe needs to tell Steve to ask to be traded to the Lakers, they are the last 2 players from that draft/generation that are truly still at the top of their game and could dominate. Adding Nash to this team would do wonders for Kobe, Bynum and Pau. His lack of defense doesn't outweigh the leadership on the court he would bring and the ablility to get our guys great looks day in and day out. Bynum with Nash is an AllStar guaranteed.

In response, LakersMDGurl said....

LakersMDGurl wrote:
Hmmm, we would want Nash because? Don't we already have an old man in Fisher? R you saying you would take Nash as that PG LG has been dying for the lakers to acquire? Dude plays no damn defense. Sure he hits shots and is a great play maker, but Defense wins championships... Just sayin..

To which LakersDunk said....

LakersDunk wrote:
Steve Nash would run our offense as good as any young superstar PG in the league currently. Hes old but his game doesn't look old trust me. Remember this thread when he comes into staples in a few weeks and trops 15 pts and 15 assists on our heads with a garbage supporting cast around him.

http://forums.lakersground.net/togo/thread.php?topic_id=139605
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:
pmacla wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

KobeDunk, January 2012.

KobeDunk wrote:
Kobe needs to tell Steve to ask to be traded to the Lakers, they are the last 2 players from that draft/generation that are truly still at the top of their game and could dominate. Adding Nash to this team would do wonders for Kobe, Bynum and Pau. His lack of defense doesn't outweigh the leadership on the court he would bring and the ablility to get our guys great looks day in and day out. Bynum with Nash is an AllStar guaranteed.

LakersMDGurl wrote:
Hmmm, we would want Nash because? Don't we already have an old man in Fisher? R you saying you would take Nash as that PG LG has been dying for the lakers to acquire? Dude plays no damn defense. Sure he hits shots and is a great play maker, but Defense wins championships... Just sayin..

LakersDunk wrote:
Steve Nash would run our offense as good as any young superstar PG in the league currently. Hes old but his game doesn't look old trust me. Remember this thread when he comes into staples in a few weeks and trops 15 pts and 15 assists on our heads with a garbage supporting cast around him.

KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:
pmacla wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

KobeDunk, January 2012.

KobeDunk wrote:

LakersMDGurl wrote:

LakersDunk wrote:

Yes, I wasn't against getting Nash. But not at the cost they got him for. Don't you think they overpaid? OK it could be "hindsight" but the front office is ultimately responsible for their actions, not me with my posts. I'm sure you could find hundreds of crazy trade suggestions on LG from all kinds of posters that if the trades really happened the team would look completely different. I appreciate you taking the time to find my old posts to try to make me look like I'm contradicting myself but again, I would have signed Nash, but not at that price.
diamondcutter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:
pmacla wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

KobeDunk, January 2012.

KobeDunk wrote:

LakersMDGurl wrote:

LakersDunk wrote:

Gotta love LG's search feature!
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject:

diamondcutter wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:
pmacla wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

KobeDunk, January 2012.

KobeDunk wrote:

LakersMDGurl wrote:

LakersDunk wrote:

Gotta love LG's search feature!

I know huh? I feel so honored that he took the time to go back and find this.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:41 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:
pmacla wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:

KobeDunk, January 2012.

KobeDunk wrote:

LakersMDGurl wrote:

LakersDunk wrote:

Yes, I wasn't against getting Nash. But not at the cost they got him for. Don't you think they overpaid? OK it could be "hindsight" but the front office is ultimately responsible for their actions, not me with my posts. I'm sure you could find hundreds of crazy trade suggestions on LG from all kinds of posters that if the trades really happened the team would look completely different. I appreciate you taking the time to find my old posts to try to make me look like I'm contradicting myself but again, I would have signed Nash, but not at that price.

The reason I brought it up, is because you're making it seem like they made some kind of rookie blunder in acquiring Nash at his age. But age wasn't at all a concern for you. So why are you bringing up age?

Also, when you say price, what do you mean? Do you mean they should have moved players for Nash instead of a TPE and picks? Or are you talking about the $9M? What price would have satisfied you? $6M ok?
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:41 am    Post subject:

I am confused... Nash was never a Laker. Why are people arguing over his worth. It was another one of Mitch's goof ball moves that backfired.

Those picks plus all that money for a broke down system dependent no defense playing point guard. Dang... If Mitch were not family, he'd probably be fired over this one.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:43 am    Post subject:

best news out of preseason so far
Jameson Barrier
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:45 am    Post subject:

Who can we get if S&T for Nash is done (seeing 5mil as trade value)

Andray Blatche?
Kenyon Martin?
J O'Neal?

Im randomly throwing names.... pure guesses.

Last edited by Jameson Barrier on Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 13 of 38
Jump to: