Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Grammer wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
Rams wearing their LA Rams uniforms with the older style helmets.

Rams back to LA?

Nah L.A. hater Goodell is (bleep) blocking any team from moving to LA. He would rather be in freaking London.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject:

On a related London note the Lions/Falcons game will air on FOX at 9:30 AM EST tomorrow.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11760135/shonn-greene-tennessee-titans-arrested-attempting-evade-ticket-parking-handicap-spot
Quote:

Titans RB Shonn Greene arrested

Tennessee Titans running back Shonn Greene was arrested Friday night on multiple charges after attempting to avoid a ticket for parking in a handicapped space.

Greene was charged with resisting stop/halt/frisk, driving on a suspended license, reckless driving and illegal parking, according to Franklin, Tenn., police.

Franklin police informed the Titans, who contacted Greene to tell him that warrants had been obtained for his arrest. The 29-year-old turned himself in at approximately 9 p.m. on Friday, posted a $2,000 bond and was released less than two hours later.

[+] Enlarge
Ronald C. Modra/Getty ImagesShonn Greene was arrested on multiple charges Friday after trying to avoid paying a parking ticket by speeding away from the scene.

"We have talked to Shonn and are aware of the reports," the Titans said in a statement. "This is not the type of behavior we expect from any member of our organization. We will continue to gather additional information as it becomes available and handle the matter internally."

Despite the arrest, Greene's roster status with the Titans is not in jeopardy, a team source told ESPN's Paul Kuharsky.

Greene was approached by a parking enforcement officer Friday afternoon for being illegally parked in a handicapped space on a public square in Franklin, which is located approximately 20 miles south of Nashville.

After ignoring the officer's request to see a handicapped placard, Greene entered his BMW and sped away from the scene, nearly hitting the officer in the process, according to Franklin police.

"Greene showed no regard for the parking enforcement officer's safety, or the safety of others, as he recklessly evaded the parking enforcement officer over what would have been a simple parking ticket," the Franklin Police Department said Saturday in a media release.

Although he was forced to stop due to traffic, Greene sped off again when he was approached a second time by the parking officer.

"The entire situation could have been avoided if he would have left that handicap space for who it was intended for," Franklin police sergeant Charles Warner told The Tennessean.

"The fact that he didn't and got caught being parked there, he could have stopped things from going any further than a parking ticket if he would have simply communicated with the parking enforcement officer and not taken such evasive measures to get away from her, increasing the seriousness of what would have been a simple parking ticket."

Greene's court appearance was scheduled for Nov. 13. The six-year veteran is in his second season with the Titans, who signed him to a three-year contract prior to the 2013 season.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
On a related London note the Lions/Falcons game will air on FOX at 9:30 AM EST tomorrow.

I get that FOX is going to be able to show an extra game this week, but this is the reason why a London game won't work. People on the west coast aren't going to wake up at 6:30am to watch football...
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

I get that FOX is going to be able to show an extra game this week, but this is the reason why a London game won't work. People on the west coast aren't going to wake up at 6:30am to watch football...

I'm going to!

But only because I have fantasy players in the game and Reggie Bush is my favorite player.

Otherwise (bleep) that.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:48 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Loads of people over here in London will be switching over before the end too.

In football, Man Utd play Chelsea at 4:00 GMT, which pretty much everyone will watch, leaving 2.5 hours to watch the Lions Falcons game, then switch over right before the end
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject:

Falcons managed to blow a 21-0 lead to the Lions...and lose.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11767085/seattle-seahawks-tire-marshawn-lynch

Seattle Seahawks with a tremendous Super Bowl hangover? The team is falling apart barely halfway into the season.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:51 am    Post subject:

This Bullshyt.....

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11767027/nfl-play-five-london-games-2015

Quote:
Report: NFL to up London games

The NFL will play five games in London next season, according to a published report.

Wembley Stadium is hosting a game between the Detroit Lions and Atlanta Falcons on Sunday, the second of three NFL games there this season.
The London Daily Mail reported the news Sunday as the Detroit Lions were playing the Atlanta Falcons at Wembley Stadium in the second of three NFL games in London this season.

The NFL is expected to make an official announcement on the additional London games for next season soon, according to the report.

Last month, the Miami Dolphins beats the Oakland Raiders 38-14 in London, and next month, the Dallas Cowboys will face the Jacksonville Jaguars at Wembley.

All three of this season's games in London sold out.

Last week, George Osborne, the British treasury chief, told the Evening Standard newspaper that the British Government wants an NFL team based in London and will do whatever it can "to make this happen."

The NFL has been playing regular-season games at Wembley Stadium every year since 2007.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
This Bullshyt.....

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11767027/nfl-play-five-london-games-2015

Quote:
Report: NFL to up London games

The NFL will play five games in London next season, according to a published report.

Wembley Stadium is hosting a game between the Detroit Lions and Atlanta Falcons on Sunday, the second of three NFL games there this season.
The London Daily Mail reported the news Sunday as the Detroit Lions were playing the Atlanta Falcons at Wembley Stadium in the second of three NFL games in London this season.

The NFL is expected to make an official announcement on the additional London games for next season soon, according to the report.

Last month, the Miami Dolphins beats the Oakland Raiders 38-14 in London, and next month, the Dallas Cowboys will face the Jacksonville Jaguars at Wembley.

All three of this season's games in London sold out.

Last week, George Osborne, the British treasury chief, told the Evening Standard newspaper that the British Government wants an NFL team based in London and will do whatever it can "to make this happen."

The NFL has been playing regular-season games at Wembley Stadium every year since 2007.

And 0 games in LA....what gives?
If I were a fan of one of those teams thats one home game they aren't able to go to in person. Either add a London franchise or don't , this concept is getting stupid. If you are going to add a London team, then give a team or two to LA, one to Toronto. And move the Jacksonville Jaguars to somewhere where fans will show up.
Air Apparent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject:

Brady detractors looking awfully stupid right now. 18/2 TD to int ratio in that offense. Yeah he's done LOL. I'll say it again brady over manning for me

"Prior to evolving his game this season (12-13), Kobe became a tall Allen Iverson." - Lakersarethebesteva
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject:

Air Apparent wrote:
Brady detractors looking awfully stupid right now. 18/2 TD to int ratio in that offense. Yeah he's done LOL. I'll say it again brady over manning for me

Its the freaking Bears though.....
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject:

Air Apparent wrote:

I never said he was done he's on the decline so is Manning. Brady's is more noticeable because of the team around him.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject:

Russell Wilson saves the Seahawks season....at least for another week.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Jets stink. Time to start Vick over Geno Smith.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

I thought being a Rams fans is bad these days.

Jets fans "We want Vick!"
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
Air Apparent wrote:

I never said he was done he's on the decline so is Manning. Brady's is more noticeable because of the team around him.

All Tom needs is 1 legitimate pass catcher and that's pretty much it. 2012 Gronk returns and he goes bananas.
Grammer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I don't know, at least the Jets had their little run with Favre/Sanchez a few years ago. The number of Sundays i've wasted over these last several years is pretty bad, even counting the Martz/Bulger years.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject:

The Colts are getting the butts kicked by the Steelers

lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Grammer wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

I don't know, at least the Jets had their little run with Favre/Sanchez a few years ago. The number of Sundays i've wasted over these last several years is pretty bad, even counting the Martz/Bulger years.

It's been so long, I almost forgot about the Jason Smith pick

Jameis! Jameis! Crablegs!
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
Grammer wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Wonder if it sunk in for Percy Harvin that he's on the Jets now...
Guess it could be worse, he could be on the Raiders, who are now 0-7...
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Air Apparent wrote:

lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
Grammer wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Wonder if it sunk in for Percy Harvin that he's on the Jets now...
Guess it could be worse, he could be on the Raiders, who are now 0-7...

Do the 2008 Lion pop the champagne when the final team wins
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/11774942/new-york-jets-name-michael-vick-starting-quarterback

Quote:
Jets to start Michael Vick vs. Chiefs

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The New York Jets have a new starting quarterback -- Michael Vick.

More from ESPN.com
Michael Vick is no savior for the Jets, but a switch had to be made because Geno Smith was playing so poorly, Rich Cimini writes. Story

In a desperate move to save face in an ugly season, Rex Ryan -- stuck in a seven-game losing streak -- made the expected decision Monday, benching the struggling Geno Smith in favor of the 34-year-old Vick. He will start Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefs and his former Philadelphia Eagles coach, Andy Reid.

After more than a year of Smith's maddening play, Ryan finally ran out of patience with the quarterback, who was pulled from Sunday's 43-23 loss to the Buffalo Bills after three interceptions in the first quarter. He finished with a 0.0 passer rating.

Ryan refused to say if the move is permanent, claiming he's concerned only about this week.

"This is not looking long term, this is about the immediate," Ryan said. "My focus is on Kansas City and finding a way to get a win. That's why this decision was made."

Michael Vick

Jets QB Michael Vick says being able to watch can only help Geno if he takes this the right way.

More Podcasts »
It was the second time in four weeks that Smith was benched in a game, but this marks the first time in his career he won't start. He was named the starter as a rookie and has compiled a 9-15 record, with 31 interceptions.

Smith, who was informed of the decision by Ryan after Monday's team meeting, expressed a range of emotions. Asked his initial reaction, he said, "There was none. I just went on with my day."

He went on to say he's frustrated and disappointed, but that he will support Vick, whom he considers a mentor. Displaying some bravado, Smith said "without a doubt" he still can become a franchise-caliber quarterback.

Smith's availability for Sunday's game is up in the air. He hurt his throwing shoulder on his final play, tackling safety Aaron Williams on the third interception return. Smith said he's experiencing "minor soreness."

[+] EnlargeGeno Smith
Robert Deutsch/USA TODAY Sports
Rex Ryan benched Geno Smith, right, in favor of Michael Vick, who will start Sunday against the Chiefs.
Ryan downplayed the severity of the injury, saying he hopes Smith will be able to resume throwing by Wednesday. But Ryan also told practice-squad quarterback Matt Simms to be ready, just in case.

This was a dramatic if not stunning decision by the Jets because it raises serious questions about Smith's future. They drafted him in the second round in 2013 and were grooming him to be their long-term quarterback, but his development has stalled amid a flurry of turnovers.

"I don't think anybody in this organization is looking at him any differently," Ryan said, adding, "I don't think a bad outing like this will be a determination on anyone's long-term opinion about somebody. If it is, it's pretty naïve."

To prove his point, Ryan reached way back, mentioning the quintessential one-game aberration -- a 1998 preseason game in which Ryan Leaf outplayed fellow rookie Peyton Manning.

But with Smith, it wasn't a one-game trend. He has nine multiple-interception games in 24 starts.

GENOOOOOOO
Since entering the league last season, Geno Smith owns three of the worst games by a starter, according to Total QBR.

Total QBR Opponent
G. Smith 0.04 Bills
Cutler 0.1 at Redskins
G. Smith 0.7 at Bills
Gabbert 1.2 Chiefs
G. Smith 1.6 Dolphins
-- ESPN Stats & Information
Vick, who signed a one-year contract last offseason, isn't considered part of the Jets' future. He started six games last season for the Eagles before getting hurt and losing his job to Nick Foles.

"I think it's a great opportunity," said Vick, adding that he wishes it didn't have to be against Reid. "Any time you get named to be the starter, it's a great thing. I think you have to relish it, but also take it extremely serious, and understand what's at stake and what needs to be done."

General manager John Idzik, who drafted Smith, is a staunch supporter of the second-year quarterback. The decision to bench him indicates that he, too, has lost confidence in Smith or that he simply let Ryan make the call.

Idzik said Smith's three-interception stinker is "cause for concern, an eye opener."

The Jets (1-7) have dropped seven straight, and they're desperate for a spark.

Vick was hardly mistake-free against the Bills -- two lost fumbles and an interception -- but at least he rallied the offense to 23 points. Vick is widely respected in the Jets' locker room. Smith's support among teammates has waned.

In five-plus seasons at the Jets' coach, Ryan has benched his starting quarterback only twice. The previous occasion came in 2012, when he replaced the slumping Mark Sanchez with Greg McElroy, bypassing Tim Tebow.

"I feel right now this is the right move," said Ryan, repeating what he said in 2012 when he sacked Sanchez.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11767085/seattle-seahawks-tire-marshawn-lynch

Seattle Seahawks with a tremendous Super Bowl hangover? The team is falling apart barely halfway into the season.

"Wilson was asked by the organization if he could limit some of his endorsements but they were all filmed during the offseason and his CBA-driven base salary of $662,000 is about half of what backup Tarvaris Jackson makes."

If this were true, I'd be out of there as soon as I'm able if I were Wilson. That's not a football rule they're violating, that's a rule in a life the team is violating. Don't you ever meddle in a man's right to make a living.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 24 of 60
Jump to: