***Official*** 2014 NFL Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Two straight passing plays on 2nd and short...hmmmm.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Lots of drama but a good game. What a thrill for Colt McCoy to get his first start and win on MNF in Dallas in front of his friends and family. It's like something out of a movie. Even his name sounds made up.
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
This Bullshyt.....

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11767027/nfl-play-five-london-games-2015

Quote:
Report: NFL to up London games

The NFL will play five games in London next season, according to a published report.

Wembley Stadium is hosting a game between the Detroit Lions and Atlanta Falcons on Sunday, the second of three NFL games there this season.
The London Daily Mail reported the news Sunday as the Detroit Lions were playing the Atlanta Falcons at Wembley Stadium in the second of three NFL games in London this season.

The NFL is expected to make an official announcement on the additional London games for next season soon, according to the report.

Last month, the Miami Dolphins beats the Oakland Raiders 38-14 in London, and next month, the Dallas Cowboys will face the Jacksonville Jaguars at Wembley.

All three of this season's games in London sold out.

Last week, George Osborne, the British treasury chief, told the Evening Standard newspaper that the British Government wants an NFL team based in London and will do whatever it can "to make this happen."

The NFL has been playing regular-season games at Wembley Stadium every year since 2007.

The hate Goodell has for L.A. is legendary. This is just more proof of it
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
This Bullshyt.....

Quote:

The NFL will play five games in London next season, according to a published report.

Wembley Stadium is hosting a game between the Detroit Lions and Atlanta Falcons on Sunday, the second of three NFL games there this season.
The London Daily Mail reported the news Sunday as the Detroit Lions were playing the Atlanta Falcons at Wembley Stadium in the second of three NFL games in London this season.

The NFL is expected to make an official announcement on the additional London games for next season soon, according to the report.

Last month, the Miami Dolphins beats the Oakland Raiders 38-14 in London, and next month, the Dallas Cowboys will face the Jacksonville Jaguars at Wembley.

Last week, George Osborne, the British treasury chief, told the Evening Standard newspaper that the British Government wants an NFL team based in London and will do whatever it can "to make this happen."

The NFL has been playing regular-season games at Wembley Stadium every year since 2007.

Definitely not about the product if they are sending the Jags over there.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
JoJo Dancer wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
This Bullshyt.....

Quote:

Definitely not about the product if they are sending the Jags over there.

The Managing Director of NFL UK said this wasn't true at the weekend during the Lions Falcons game, said it on a TV interview during a timeout at the game.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject:

In other news, Rams acquire SS Mark Barron from Tampa in exchange for a 4th & 6th round pick. Barron played college at Bama and was the 7th overall pick in the 2012 draft.

Great hitter, but has struggled in coverage thus far in his NFL career. Hopefully he can find a place on the Rams young defense. Potentially a very good pickup for St Louis though IMO.
Grammer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
In other news, Rams acquire SS Mark Barron from Tampa in exchange for a 4th & 6th round pick. Barron played college at Bama and was the 7th overall pick in the 2012 draft.

Great hitter, but has struggled in coverage thus far in his NFL career. Hopefully he can find a place on the Rams young defense. Potentially a very good pickup for St Louis though IMO.

I like Barron but I think he might be a bit redundant with TJ McDonald.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Grammer wrote:
Moses wrote:

I think it's more to do with replacing McLeod, who got injured this weekend.

For a 4th & 6th, Barron could well turn out to be a steal. He's a good tackler, already has 49 total tackles this season, and he sures knows how to lower the boom. Same type of player as TJ, but might turn out to be better IMO.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/28/champ-bailey-calls-it-a-career/

Quote:
Champ Bailey calls it a career

Champ Bailey is ready to hang up his cleats.

Bailey, the 12-time Pro Bowl cornerback for Washington and Denver, has decided to retire, his agent has told multiple reporters.

That decision was probably based on the reality that there isn’t much interest in the 36-year-old Bailey, who was cut by the Saints after spending the preseason in New Orleans. Bailey had tryouts with the Lions and Ravens but didn’t sign with either team.

The seventh overall pick of the 1999 NFL draft, Bailey was named an All-Pro cornerback for Washington twice before he was traded to Denver in exchange for Clinton Portis and a second-round draft pick. That turned out to be a wise trade for the Broncos, as Bailey was named All-Pro five more times in Denver and was chosen to the NFL’s All-Decade team for the 2000s.

Bailey will be eligible for the Pro Football Hall of Fame class of 2019, a class that could also include Tony Gonzalez and Ed Reed.
Grammer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
Grammer wrote:
Moses wrote:

I think it's more to do with replacing McLeod, who got injured this weekend.

For a 4th & 6th, Barron could well turn out to be a steal. He's a good tackler, already has 49 total tackles this season, and he sures knows how to lower the boom. Same type of player as TJ, but might turn out to be better IMO.

They can just knock the ball loose i suppose. No need to get a hand on the ball.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/31/eric-deckers-wife-makes-twitter-war-worse-then-retreats/

Quote:
Eric Decker’s wife makes Twitter war worse, then retreats

We noted yesterday that new Jets wide receiver invited the wrath of Jets fans on Twitter when he made the mistake of asking for some honest feedback.

Now, his wife has gone and made it worse.

Via Seth Walder of the New York Daily News, country music singer Jessie James Decker took a poke at the Jets fans who mocked Decker, probably not helping things.

“You think he really cares what y’all think haters? He’s laughing his ass alllll the way home…. Life is pretty good here. Can’t complain,” she wrote on Twitter.

Of course, her bio claimed “I pee in the shower,” so delicate public relations skill isn’t her forte either. She’s since deleted her Twitter account.

To his credit, the Jets wideout said “you’ve got to expect that,” regarding the blowback to his initial attempt, and tried to play nice.

“I don’t think it’s against the law to try to unite or reach out to fans,” he said. “People obviously enjoy winning a lot more than losing, I get that. For me, that’s the biggest thing, making fans feel like they are important, because they are.

“Obviously I wish things could be different. I didn’t expect everything to be all happy and gung-ho; I knew I was going to get some sarcastic remarks.”

So at least he handled them better than his wife did.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/31/the-eric-dickerson-trade-turns-27/

Quote:
The Eric Dickerson trade turns 27

Friday is the 27th anniversary of the Los Angeles Rams trading Eric Dickerson to the Indianapolis Colts, something Dickerson himself pointed out this afternoon.

This was no small trade. According to NFL records, it involved the fourth-most players/picks in league history. The deal also looped in a third team, the Buffalo Bills.

All three clubs came away with their own presumed pot of gold.

The Colts got Dickerson, in his prime at age 27 and the league’s leading rusher the previous season.

The Bills received linebacker Cornelius Bennett, the second overall pick in the 1987 draft.

The Rams got a bushel of draft picks — three first-rounders and three second-rounders. They also received tailbacks Greg Bell and Owen Gill.

Dickerson, for his part, rushed for nearly 4,000 yards in his first three seasons in Indianapolis, including 1987, when the Colts made the postseason. In his lone playoff game with the franchise, Dickerson racked up 115 combined yards and a caught a TD pass, but Indianapolis fell 38-21 to Cleveland. In all, Dickerson would play 61 games for the Colts before being dealt to Oakland in 1992.

Bennett, meanwhile, was a five-time Pro Bowler for Buffalo, a key part of a club that made four straight Super Bowls.

So what about the Rams’ draft pick haul? As it turns out, they drafted just one Pro Bowler — tailback Gaston Green. And Green’s Pro Bowl season came with Denver, not Los Angeles. The veteran Bell, though, was a starter on the Rams’ 1988 and 1989 postseason entrants.

But the Herschel Walker trade it was not for the Los Angeles Rams, who would, in time, move to St. Louis. Dickerson, in time, would become a Hall of Famer. The Hoosier Dome, where Dickerson played his home games in Indianapolis, is gone, and no NFL team plays on Astroturf anymore.

Well, so not all change is bad, but the days of teams getting together to construct 10-player/pick deals are probably gone. And that’s no fun.

Well, at least we have Twitter.
SP_Fever
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:53 am    Post subject:

Romo is out today, Weeden is in
Phil Jackson (June 17th, 2009):"What was our model of this team? The Ring, the ring, that was the model. Its not just this band of gold, its the circle that's made a bond between all of these players, a great love for one another, its a great feeling."
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject:

Palmer threw a pick 6 Cowboys up 7-0
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject:

SP_Fever wrote:
Romo is out today, Weeden is in

Deer in the headlights so far.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject:

My beloved Chargers are finished once again for the season.

No matter what regime or GM we have, they can never figure out that you aren't going to win a Super Bowl until you build a solid defense.

Worst red zone defense in the league by far, this isn't a playoff team much less a Super Bowl caliber team.

BUILD A DEFENSE ALREADY!
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject:

37-0....
SP_Fever
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
37-0....

Punishment for everyone - they put on the Jets game instead
Phil Jackson (June 17th, 2009):"What was our model of this team? The Ring, the ring, that was the model. Its not just this band of gold, its the circle that's made a bond between all of these players, a great love for one another, its a great feeling."
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
My beloved Chargers are finished once again for the season.

No matter what regime or GM we have, they can never figure out that you aren't going to win a Super Bowl until you build a solid defense.

Worst red zone defense in the league by far, this isn't a playoff team much less a Super Bowl caliber team.

BUILD A DEFENSE ALREADY!

I don't think they're finished only because they manage to show up and win games in December.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject:

In one of my leagues I benched the MIAMI defense because I thought Rivers would tear it up today. I also started him at QB. First loss of the season coming up.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject:

I knew the Phins would be fired up after Philbin's dad died but never expected this. When a good pass rush meets a bad OL, I guess it should be expected.

Just wish Manning can take a dump in Foxboro.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Grammer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Rams win !
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Bizarre sequence in the Broncos vs Patriots game...
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Anyone who thought the Broncos would win in Foxboro are complete morons.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Bizarre sequence in the Broncos vs Patriots game...

Yes, Pats in punt formation, offense and defense set for that and all of a sudden ALL the Pats run off while the regular offense runs out. Simultaneously ALL the defense runs off the field and the regular defense comes in. All 44 running at breakneck speed so the QB can quick snap the ball.

But the refs held things up to make sure they were set.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 25 of 60
Jump to: