Will the team have a player(s) that will have a Leonard/Green-like breakout season?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saacman5033
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
24 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
No.

The Spurs assistant coaching staff is absolutely stellar at developing players.

The Laker coaching staff is too new.

Actually, that is the widely held myth, but quick, name a young guy the Spurs developed who did much elsewhere. The genius of Popovich is that his system, built around his three stalwarts and continuity, plugs many different players into very specific, teachable roles. He doesnt make young players into great players so much as he can take a variety of types and plug them into his system and maximize them.

Thats no knock, thats high praise. But what it isnt is developing players.

I don't know about other skills or areas of bball, but their shooting coach deserves a lot of credit for improving Tony Parker, Danny Green, and Kawhi Leonard's shot. TP and Kawhi were both thought to be hopeless from midrange or further when they entered the league. Recall that SA nearly traded Parker for Jason Kidd because defenses could sag so much off of Tony. Danny Green might have been out of the NBA had he not incredibly transformed his shot. Belinelli went from an average shooter from 3 to an elite one.

You could even point back to Bruce Bowen who was completely worthless offensively when he arrived in SA to a deadly corner-3 shooter (though still mostly incompetent in other offensive facets).
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject:

indy_dave000 wrote:
If you asked Pacer fans especially after Paul George injury they wish the Pacers had never traded the draft rights of Kwahi Leonard to the Spurs for George Hill.

Hill has been ok as a Pacers but is not the pg some Pacer fans envisioned when the trade was made. Hill is an example of a player being made to look better by a system he was in.
Glad that it appears that JLin is better than Hill.

Will the Lakers missed a scoring presence in the post or will Kobe on the low block address this need?
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject:

saacman5033 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
24 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
No.

The Spurs assistant coaching staff is absolutely stellar at developing players.

The Laker coaching staff is too new.
Actually, that is the widely held myth, but quick, name a young guy the Spurs developed who did much elsewhere. The genius of Popovich is that his system, built around his three stalwarts and continuity, plugs many different players into very specific, teachable roles. He doesnt make young players into great players so much as he can take a variety of types and plug them into his system and maximize them.

Thats no knock, thats high praise. But what it isnt is developing players.
I don't know about other skills or areas of bball, but their shooting coach deserves a lot of credit for improving Tony Parker, Danny Green, and Kawhi Leonard's shot. TP and Kawhi were both thought to be hopeless from midrange or further when they entered the league. Recall that SA nearly traded Parker for Jason Kidd because defenses could sag so much off of Tony. Danny Green might have been out of the NBA had he not incredibly transformed his shot. Belinelli went from an average shooter from 3 to an elite one.
You could even point back to Bruce Bowen who was completely worthless offensively when he arrived in SA to a deadly corner-3 shooter (though still mostly incompetent in other offensive facets).
Looks like somebody has been working on Hill's outside shot - albeit at the lost of not getting rebounds
dawglaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject:

i think Wes is a lost cause, i believe this is his 5th year,, players are usually what they are after their 4th. He's just too mediocre, actually i wish he was mediocre he's more like sub par. He has bad defensive judgement and too timid to do anything.

Im hoping Clarkson can turn into a Monta Ellis type player with a more consistant J

Julius im not too worried, for a rookie he's excellent at creating space and keeping his balance in the low block.

Davis can be developed into a Ibaka type player, except with a better back to the basket game.

Lin is already what he is, he just needs to be more aggressive.

Hill is a good off-the-bench garbage/hustle for 7-9mins guy if he can get that jumper consistant i believe he can be a 6th man award winner

Sacre is just gonna be a token big man
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: