Going to be a long year
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cgambino123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject:

If anyone though this team was actually going to be good, then I don't know what to say to you. That being said, yes it was a bad loss. But it was just the first game and we have a pretty rough schedule to start off. We'll get it together and be decent.
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Scott should put Davis at starting five. Lin works well with Davis.
madsen35
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
I knew the lakers were going to be awful And was only excited about Randle and was looking forward to watching him develop but now bunch of old players and some young ones with limited to zero upside. Maybe clarkson can entice me to watch. But not that tempting.

Kobe is there but its painful to watch him play his heart out with limited impact due to age and injuries. The team is just awful. This is going to get ugly.

It was hard to watch his limited mobility due to age+injuries....not the Kobe we remember 2 years ago.

He's not quite as quick, but I thought he played a good game. He picked his spots, tried to create space. It was difficult because Houston was really keying on him. He is one of the few that can create offense on the roster.
cheesysapien
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject:

jacky_c wrote:
1/82. No matter how ugly, how big the points differential it was, it still counted as 1, just like the so-called legitimate mavs(0-1). But we all understand how it feel when the team started the 1st game like this.

Try not to make earlier judgments or evaluations on players or coaches. It's time when Lin can't even make 1(0/6) in his 1st preseason game, but he did look good 4 games in a row. Same applys to X, Johnson, etc.

BS said it best way, efforts would be the most important indicator this early into season. They will learn as players and as a team, no doubt about that. As a fan, I will support them as long as they gave a 100% every night.

But 30 mins late or being stagnant in play wouldn't help as much. Expect much better performance tomorrow.

Get well soon, Randle.

well said JC
"We have a lot of guys that have been kinda discarded ... Myself with the injury and the age. Jeremy ... a bunch of players who other teams really felt they had no use for. So we have that kind of attitude built into ourselves" -- Kobe Bryant
freethrow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Still think we're a better team than last year, but not as good as I was hoping for.
cheesysapien
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject:

freethrow wrote:
Still think we're a better team than last year, but not as good as I was hoping for.

Give the team sometime ...
"We have a lot of guys that have been kinda discarded ... Myself with the injury and the age. Jeremy ... a bunch of players who other teams really felt they had no use for. So we have that kind of attitude built into ourselves" -- Kobe Bryant
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
My bad guys: i made this thread and went away. Even before 4th qtr started

Had no clue about randle injury till now

you didn't miss much, server went down for a long time!

Witch! Witch! Burn Jim99187 at the stake!
What sorcery did you use to injure Randle?? I want answers. lol

Tuned out of the laker game around 10 pm (pre-injury). Had to do some research for fantasy football before the waiver deadline. I check espnla and I see Randle breaks leg. At which point I laugh hysterically. The Basketball God's are testing the true Laker fans.
∑Mamma said they'd be days like this
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:53 pm    Post subject:

What would be interesting is how Kobe handles being on a rebuilding team. What was he thinking when he signed that contract?

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
LaZonaImagery
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject:

MIRACLES DO HAPPEN!
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject:

It is not just going to be this year but a few years afterwards. Lakers are really going to struggle.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject:

I'll watch still because they're my lakers, and even though randle is out I want to see clarkson develop, as well as kelly, and ed davis. Randle loss will hurt but maybe it'll help us get another rookie for him to grow with next year and be our future.

Okafor and randle would be sweet.
Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:25 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
I knew the lakers were going to be awful And was only excited about Randle and was looking forward to watching him develop but now bunch of old players and some young ones with limited to zero upside. Maybe clarkson can entice me to watch. But not that tempting.

Kobe is there but its painful to watch him play his heart out with limited impact due to age and injuries. The team is just awful. This is going to get ugly.

It was hard to watch his limited mobility due to age+injuries....not the Kobe we remember 2 years ago.

It's such a shame but that's Father Time for you.... Kobe may be the most skilled player in the league and yet it doesn't matter because he has no athletic advantage to utilize it. Almost feels like watching Steve Nash play these past two years. #vergeoftears
cheesysapien
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:36 am    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
I'll watch still because they're my lakers, and even though randle is out I want to see clarkson develop, as well as kelly, and ed davis. Randle loss will hurt but maybe it'll help us get another rookie for him to grow with next year and be our future.

Okafor and randle would be sweet.

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:40 am    Post subject:

Captain America wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:

It's such a shame but that's Father Time for you.... Kobe may be the most skilled player in the league and yet it doesn't matter because he has no athletic advantage to utilize it. Almost feels like watching Steve Nash play these past two years. #vergeoftears

Steve Nash would kill for Kobe's mobility....at least he would be able to go out on his terms.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:41 am    Post subject:

freethrow wrote:

last season's team based on available talent probably overachieved.
LaZonaImagery
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:46 am    Post subject:

PLEAS EVERYBODY JUST RELAX

Miracles do happen you just have to believe
AirShooter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: Going to be a long year

Jim99187 wrote:
nash@10mil
hill @9mil
lin AT 15mil
boozer @3.25

what a waste of cap space when u have deng 10mil, stephenson @9mil, ariza @ 8

FYI, Lin is not at $15M cap space. He gets paid that much, but he only takes up $8.3M cap space.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:03 am    Post subject:

Suckmaki Walker wrote:
Dwight shouda signed here, would have been good to 'play with Kobe'

NOT

Well, like your namesake, your inability to use your hands productively has gotten you cut. Its going to be a tough year folks, so it is going to be very tough for trolls.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Suckmaki Walker wrote:
Dwight shouda signed here, would have been good to 'play with Kobe'

NOT

Well, like your namesake, your inability to use your hands productively has gotten you cut. Its going to be a tough year folks, so it is going to be very tough for trolls.

I expect tons of trolls coming out form under their rocks each loss that turns into blowout.
Frank The Tank
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:12 am    Post subject:

This Lakers team is who we thought they were.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: