+++ Lakers vs Rockets +++ Regular Season Opener 10/28/14 7:30pm PT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject:

I dont care about the score but Randle's injury...man...really? I dont even know what to say outside of "we're cursed", incredible bad luck ((
hollandog
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject:

dang what's with all these injuries..
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject:

Good analysis! No offence, never saw Kobe pass to JL.
iaargg wrote:
meows a lot wrote:
sfca wrote:
iaargg wrote:
It's disappointing to have a season opener like this, but what worries me more is the playing style of this team.

It's only one game, so might not be enough to draw a conclusion yet. But from this game, what I saw is even if there are 5 guys on the floor, most of the offense were done by only 1 or at most 2. No one wanted to pass (there was a very good pass from Kobe, a few from Lin in the 3rd, but that's all), and instead everyone chose to shoot or go to the basket by himself.

Kobe is still very good. But no matter how good he is, there is no way to win a game with the way we are playing now. We have to understand having 5 in each side has a reason for that. Lin played rather bad today, especially at the beginning. As the starting PG, the main facilitator on the floor, it must be very frustrating for him to find no one wants to give him the ball to initiate the offense. I think that might be why he looked lost for most of the game.

The current offense is too simple, easy to be defended. BS says the top priority is defence, that is good, but offense seems a big problem at the moment as well.

I agree 100%. I know it's a team of mostly new players with not much time playing together but offense looks terrible.

problem is spacing too. rockets would pack the paint because the starters dont really stretch the floor. you can see how the lakers couldnt really get inside or when they forced it it woudl be a terrible shot or TO. Lin needs picks, even if he does get one, the rockets D know how to defend it so lin has to dribbel back out again and look fo rother options. prefer him to come off the bench really. really sad about randle...

I agree. I think the spacing problem is caused by:
1. Avoid 3 point play strategy. Because of this rule, any team can choose to pack the paint to defend your penetration. And rockets happens to have Howard to make this defence more effective against us.
2. It seems BS doesn't ask our big guys to do picks for Lin for some reason. Occasionally Lin got some picks, but not as many as he needs. If BS really wants the team to attack the paint a lot, then it's necessary to take advantage of Lin's Pick-and-Roll strength. No matter how the defending team knows the attacking pattern, Pick-and-Roll still is the better way to create opportunity for going inside and shoot or pass.
3. Limited off ball movement. Especially when Kobe has the ball, all the others suddenly become spectators to watch a show. No off ball movement, No open shot for us.
4. Finally, lack of practice, especially between the starters and the 2nd unit.

Just like what you said, this is going to be a very tough season to watch. Be prepared. But no matter what, our support will never change.
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Never felt a New York state of mind before today, but my (Bronx-raised, NY Knick fan) assistant said that the Laker chances for the playoffs have been officially nixed (Knicks'd) now.

Ouch.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Wilkes52 wrote:
Never felt a New York state of mind before today, but my (Bronx-raised, NY Knick fan) assistant said that the Laker chances for the playoffs have been officially nixed (Knicks'd) now.

Ouch.

Its not like the Rockets are a western conference power either....they are predicted to finish at the bottom of the playoff eligible teams in the west....so the Lakers have lots of work to do.
lonlyamongus
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject:

The starter unit seemed unfamiliar w/ jlin as a floor general, hill don't know how to set screen, forwards have very little off ball movement. Boozer started to in the third. But offense overall lacked energy. Kobe is the only exception. But ariza made him took very uncomfortable shoots.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60
Page 60 of 60
Jump to: