ROCKETS -at- LAKERS - 10-28-14 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blueice
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject:

don't know what to say, it was really painful and disappointing to watch...hopefully they get better and better.
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject:

allyoop wrote:
FYI: When the Lakers learn to pass like this, then you might have something to talk about.

Spurs - Ridiculously good ball movement, spacing and passing.

Agreed. Not because they have all world talent physically so much as they have it mentally. Between the coach and system and players that buy and live the style of play they do.

If Byron can last a few seasons, that is what he can aim for aside from a splash free agent.

Bye.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Dancing Barry:

It was a little awkward as he kicked the back of his own leg on the drive, and Vitti was over at his side quickly. Players heard a pop. Julius said he felt something snap.
=========

The snap is audible. Replay it a few times if you still have it dvr'd. If you haven't erased yet, props to you.

Only thing you can do is be glad it wasn't an Achilles. Leg is something a youngster can recover from. It wasn't as bad as Paul George's either.

Then again, who among us is surprised that it WASN'T an Achilles tear?

When reggie kept spouting off about it being an achilles like it was fact I wanted to slap him. Scared me half to death
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
swoosh-it
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the write up. Pretty much sums it up. Super sux for Randle. Really needed him. Kind on Lin. Needs to gel quicker with the first team. Enough blame to go around. Start anew tonight.
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject:

I saw a lot of early stage fright that settled down in the 3rd. Then after Julius's injury, everyone was too deflated to care.

Kobe looked very close to pre-Achilles Kobe. Of course, he got asked to carry too much of the load which led to some ball domination and everyone else becoming spectators.

Lin showed glimmers of hope in the 3rd, but for most of the game, it seemed like he didn't have a plan -- attack, defer, facilitate -- just let it go, Jeremy.

Get well soon, JR. We are running through a terrible string of bad luck.
DJ Slik
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject:

thanks DB--especially for the optimism--much needed. that was one of the worst games i've ever sat through. JLin played like a nervous wreck to start. everyone was bricking. 3rd quarter run led by a temporarily stingy defense was the only silver lining. then when randle went down i think i just went into an instant deep depression. WTF man.
stoneclearing
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject:

Pretty much spot on summary as usual. It just sucks right now.
stoneclearing
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject:

allyoop wrote:
FYI: When the Lakers learn to pass like this, then you might have something to talk about.

Spurs - Ridiculously good ball movement, spacing and passing.

This is how teams that are may be less talented or aged stay competitive.
Goober
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject:

We got owned. Simple as that. Too inexperienced as a team. We'll get there. Just takes time. Lin look too nervous out there. He'll get it. He always does. Sucks about Randle though. Recover well, son! Overall, ain't even mad... On to Phoenix!
stoneclearing
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject:

Goober wrote:
We got owned. Simple as that. Too inexperienced as a team. We'll get there. Just takes time. Lin look too nervous out there. He'll get it. He always does. Sucks about Randle though. Recover well, son! Overall, ain't even mad... On to Phoenix!

That's the attitude we'll have to take I think for much of the season.

I'm so glad it's "just" a broken bone for Randle. I was scared as hell when I kept hearing achilles after he went down. A broken bone is nothing minor, but given his age, it shouldn't have serious effects after his recovery. What he's losing is some valuable development time.

Lin was definitely nervous out there early, kind of got in the groove later, but was too late. We really needed him early to get the offense going, didn't happen. But his 3rd quarter left me optimistic. He needs to utilize that floater that he says he was working on, still gets caught in the paint with no layup, leaving him either having to force a shot or send out a panic pass.
Alpha

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

Clarkson -- ... The Lakers need some good news. Hopefully, our second rounder duo of Kelly Clarkson provide it this season. …

lol, i saw what you did thar! After that game i need something to laugh about.

thanks for always doing this for the Laker nation DB!
allyoop
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject:

The day will come when this depleted squad will get some help. I don't think JJ Barea will be around when the Lakers can deal for some players. But it's almost a sure bet that the Lakers will get another guard or shooting wing.

It's pretty thin looking at the waiver wire but I see that Jeff Adrian is still there but again, he probably won't be there when the Lakers are ready.

I checked out T-Mac's highlights in China. Now granted this isn't NBA competition but probably closer to NCAA competition. The guy still looks good. Can still dunk and still has his handles. Wouldn't be too bad for Veteran leadership and coming off the bench for Vet's minimum.

It would depend on what Kobe thinks. Kobe knows should have a pretty good idea where his body is at and what he's capable of doing having worked out with him over the summer.
ADA32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Wife had tear in her eyes when JR went down last night!
I was completely speechless and the words were, 'Oh, NO.'

Lord, why us! What have Lakers fans done to deserve this punishment!
LinKobe
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Julius injury was a sickener. Get well soon young man!
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB. Things sure went from bad to worse. Hoping the best for Julius and his recovery. Lakers are snake bit again.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject:

DB

Thanks for the breakdown

The injury, restating the obvious, was heart-breaking

At the beginning of the game, it seems like the team was playing scared and tight missing good looks.

It appears that the Lakers can get two injury exceptions to free some salary to get some players to replace Randle and Nash.

If Johnson can't guard their opponent's top scorer, why is he playing?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: