Andre Iguodala?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Andre Iguodala?

ays thought this guy would be a great fit with Kobe. He could help Kobe by defending the opponents best offensive wing player and his ball handling ability would allow Kobe to play more off the ball. This would take tremendous pressure off of Kobe, perhaps helping him prolong his career and maybe pass Kareem as the NBA all time scoring leader. Iguodala has 3years/ 36 million left on his deal, which could affect our free agent plans, but it could be worth it. Here is a trade proposal:

Lakers get: Andre Iguodala and Festis Izili

Warriors get: Jeremy Lin and Robert Sacre

Why for Lakers?
We get Iguodala and we get a good shot blocker in Izili. With Iguodala handling the ball from the SG/SF position, we could afford to stick a combo guard like Clarkson at PG. A free agent like Tony Douglas could also be signed to add three point shooting and defense.

Why for Warriors?
They dump Iguodala, who they don't really need. He had a career worse year last season, only getting 9ppg. Warriors have Klay, Barnes and Green the wing. They are able to get out of the 36 million they owe Iguodala. Lin would be a strong 3rd guard from them, and he is a local product and fan favorite.
EZ-Ryder
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject:

AI 2.0 is very valuable to the warriors even if he isn't the scoring or passing threat he used to be. He is the best defender on the team and plays excellent off the ball. The warriors were clearly a worse team when he was injured last year so I'd doubt they'd let him go just for a backup for curry even if Jeremy Lin is extremely popular in the Bay Area.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject:

EZ-Ryder wrote:
AI 2.0 is very valuable to the warriors even if he isn't the scoring or passing threat he used to be. He is the best defender on the team and plays excellent off the ball. The warriors were clearly a worse team when he was injured last year so I'd doubt they'd let him go just for a backup for curry even if Jeremy Lin is extremely popular in the Bay Area.
yeah but I was thinking that Kerr loves Klay Thompson and with Barnes and Green also on the roster, they are going to have to pay these guys, and they could use the cost savings.
dawglaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject:

i think they'd trade green before they would trade Andre
Blazemore
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject:

The Warriors aren't about to give up Iguodala for nothing. His numbers don't tell the full story of his impact.
Cup-of-noodles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:53 am    Post subject:

Pass the pipe
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:02 pm    Post subject:

I don't see Golden State trading Iggy but maybe Barnes. I think something like Kelly and Houston's 1st for Barnes would benefit both teams.

Barnes would be an upgrade at SF and he is still young with some potential. Other than Gay, who we would have to overpay to get, there aren't many good SF's available next summer.

Warriors are very thin in the froncourt behind Bogut and Lee who are both injury prone and likely to miss games next season. Since they didn't land Love they could still be looking for a stretch PF.
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Cup-of-noodles wrote:
Pass the pipe

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
Lakerfan#37
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:59 am    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
I don't see Golden State trading Iggy but maybe Barnes. I think something like Kelly and Houston's 1st for Barnes would benefit both teams.

Barnes would be an upgrade at SF and he is still young with some potential. Other than Gay, who we would have to overpay to get, there aren't many good SF's available next summer.

Warriors are very thin in the froncourt behind Bogut and Lee who are both injury prone and likely to miss games next season. Since they didn't land Love they could still be looking for a stretch PF.

I like the idea of going after Barnes. They are gonna have to pay to keep Klay. They have Iggy, so Barnes could become avail. What would it take to get him?
J. Hill and Johnson plus pick for Barnes and Ezeli? Warriors would probably want Randle.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:29 pm    Post subject:

To the OP,

Are you already tired of having a real PG on the Lakers that you want to ship his @$$ out already? Lin is more valuable to this team than what Iggy would be. With Lin, he gets everybody involved in the offense and in turn they are more apt to play defense. Lin also creates easy scoring opportunities for our bigs. Iggy plays great defense but his handles are suspect. He won't get others as involved in the offense unless it's a defensive play. I'm not trading Lin unless it is for one of the upper tier PGs or equal.
dawglaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Lin needs to be a more aggressive playmaker
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject:

We need to get Klay Thompson !!!
fontana3d
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
We need to get Klay Thompson !!!

I think i need to give you 70 million reasons why we wont get him because is what his contract extension is worth to stay in Golden State.
The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject:

Trade their best wing defender for a point guard they don't need? Unlikely. Although I've always liked Iggy and would love to see him in a Lakers uniform.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
EZ-Ryder wrote:
yeah but I was thinking that Kerr loves Klay Thompson and with Barnes and Green also on the roster, they are going to have to pay these guys, and they could use the cost savings.

Their new owners have deep pockets, so I doubt they are motivated by savings. And AI's scoring declined because his role changed, there was no way he was going to a team with Curry, Thompson and Lee and still score the same. There are only so many shots to go around, so a decline in scoring or assists is expected.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject:

dawglaker wrote:
i think they'd trade green before they would trade Andre

They are trying to win a title, they aren't trading anyone unless it makes them better.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: