I'm over the Dwight thing
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Janggoon8 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if the front office actually has a strategy to fan the Dwight Howard hatred flames in hopes that it will keep the fans distracted from the real problems.

Genius

Indeed. Stay tuned for

Dwight toilet paper night: Dec 19
Dwight sucks T-shirt night: Jan 7
Burn Dwight paraphernalia night: Jan 29
Dwight is the reason we are 3-55 night: March 1
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm over the Dwight thing

DaMuleRules wrote:
troy wrote:
I didn't see anything bad about last night's playwith Dwight and Kobe. Dwight was performing a basketball move that's been performed hundreds of times before. He wasn't elbowing anyone. Kobe was in his clearing space. Kobe is a vet, he knows better. He may have even planned that whole thing out.

Dwight came to LA and it didn't work out. He was injured, so he wasn't at his best. He moved on to a better team and a better situation...who wouldn't? I don't blame him for that. He's never really trashed talked anyone on the Lakers, or the Laker franchise, or the city of LA. He's not an antagonizer type, like Paul Pierce. whom I can't stand. He wants to move on, not hang out and talk trash. He could have easily talked trash about the Lakers, coming off our worst seasons ever and really not doing well now. But he didn't and doesn't. I respect him for that.

I use to hate Dwight until I realized I didn't know why I was actually hating him. Kobe, whom I respect as a player, has offended me more as a Laker fan than Dwight ever has. The Lakers are looking bad now. Kobe needs to concentrate on his own team and not trash talk. When you're at the bottom, trash talking comes across only as whining, and the Lakers are better than that.

Clearly you DO care . . . and more about Dwight than the guy who has done TONS for the team you say you're a fan of.

Kobe did nothing to make himself or the the Lakers look bad. He played defense and ended up drawing a foul on Howard and they BOTH started jawing.

And Kobe took the elbow and didn't snap his head back like he'd been shot and fall to the ground in a heap and lay there waiting for the refs to decide it must be a flagrant 2.
Dwight used his elbows to clear space, Kobe took a shot to the chin defending him but stood his ground and they both started yapping at one another. How you can make that a prop for Dwight is beyond me
business101
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Obviously some of you are butthurt over Dwight. That's understandable. You chose Kobe and his system. It is unfortunate that the era had change and Kobe is no longer an elite player so you just feel the pain more from a losing standpoint. An impact player like Dwight is hard to come by. If anything, the most regrettable thing is not appreciating getting star like him to attract top free agent. Anyhow, I was never a fan of any single player for long except Jordan so I feel nothing. I appreciate his game and wish him luck.
9-0-9
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Born in Redlands,California but Reside in Houston,TX

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm over the Dwight thing

troy wrote:
I didn't see anything bad about last night's playwith Dwight and Kobe. Dwight was performing a basketball move that's been performed hundreds of times before. He wasn't elbowing anyone. Kobe was in his clearing space. Kobe is a vet, he knows better. He may have even planned that whole thing out.

Dwight came to LA and it didn't work out. He was injured, so he wasn't at his best. He moved on to a better team and a better situation...who wouldn't? I don't blame him for that. He's never really trashed talked anyone on the Lakers, or the Laker franchise, or the city of LA. He's not an antagonizer type, like Paul Pierce. whom I can't stand. He wants to move on, not hang out and talk trash. He could have easily talked trash about the Lakers, coming off our worst seasons ever and really not doing well now. But he didn't and doesn't. I respect him for that.

I use to hate Dwight until I realized I didn't know why I was actually hating him. Kobe, whom I respect as a player, has offended me more as a Laker fan than Dwight ever has. The Lakers are looking bad now. Kobe needs to concentrate on his own team and not trash talk. When you're at the bottom, trash talking comes across only as whining, and the Lakers are better than that.

Bolded is what I have a problem with...I've PHYSICAL witnessed Dwight say
"The Lakers suck" with my own ears. Not a "Oh I heard from Jane who heard from John who heard it from Pikachu who heard it from Goku"....I physically heard him state that. His security is lame and he's a drama queen. Dwight is a big a$$ 6'10 KID! That's all he is. I made a post awhile back about my altercation with Dwight Coward from back in May. So don't say he didn't trash the franchise or anything because yes he did. F-Him....F-Him...F-Daryl Morey and F-Houston....
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject:

He's flawed & not the best big we've ever seen, but I can't think of too many fan bases that would be happy about such a star walking away for nothing. Having him makes it easier to build a competitive team. Losing a big like him is what truly hurts. It's like if Griffin or Deandre Jordan suddenly left the Clippers. It would be killer.

Losing Choke might have been the best thing that ever happened to be Pelicans. Whether it was direct or indirect, eventually it led to Anthony Davis. I know which guy I'd rather have.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: