Predict Kobe's points
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kobe2014
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:41 am    Post subject:

Nightwalker wrote:
26 ppg (44 fg% in 34 mpg)
5 assist
4 rebounds

51 single game high (vs. New York Knicks)

74 games

That's possible!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject:

BruceLeroy1985 wrote:
Anyone predicting 24 points or under are just clueless.

Why? My projection has him under 24 PPG, based on his production in his last season played (2012-2013) on reduced minutes (about 20%-25% reduction in minutes). Then I factored in a slight decline based on the fact that he is 36 and was 34 the last time he played a full season, the mileage on his legs, and the achilles tear injury which has substantially impacted every player who has suffered it.

This assumes he plays 70-ish games this season of course.
Kobe2014
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
BruceLeroy1985 wrote:

Why? My projection has him under 24 PPG, based on his production in his last season played (2012-2013) on reduced minutes (about 20%-25% reduction in minutes). Then I factored in a slight decline based on the fact that he is 36 and was 34 the last time he played a full season, the mileage on his legs, and the achilles tear injury which has substantially impacted every player who has suffered it.

I think 30 points are possible.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject:

Kobe2014 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
BruceLeroy1985 wrote:

I think 30 points are possible.

Well, 50 points are possible.
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject:

Kobe

23 points per game
5 assists
5 rebounds

Biggest game 45 points
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:06 am    Post subject:

24.4 pts
5.2 reb
4.8 asst
46% FG
85% FT
0.4 blks
1.5 stls
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Vandal08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject:

Here's mine.

25.8 ppg (46.4 % in 35 mpg)
5.3 assist
4.3 rebounds

55 ("da double nickel") single game high vs Hornets in front of MJ.

73 games
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
BruceLeroy1985 wrote:

Because you just don't get it son.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Kobe scored 31 points in 3 quarters. I think 25ppg and up is very possible.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:01 pm    Post subject:

golaker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
BruceLeroy1985 wrote:

Did the logic make sense to you, Dad?
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Kobe has to work so hard to get his points. If he keeps going at this pace, I have a feeling he will break down at some point during the season.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject:

The one thing about Scott is that he seems stern on managing Kobe's minutes well, so I think Kobe should be fine.
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
golaker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
BruceLeroy1985 wrote:

You still don't get it. Unbelievable.

Keep using logic and stats to determine what kobe will do. That's worked wonders throughout his career. His numbers have been steadily dropping from year to year throughout his 30's and with each injury throughout his career, right?
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject:

He's currently at 25ppg in 28.5 minutes played. which is exactly where I predicted he'd be on a points/minute basis. If he play's 30 minutes, he'll hit the 27 avg mark for this first month of the season. The lack of healthy guard depth, along with a gun shy team still feeling it's way, pretty much guarantees this to be the most likely outcome.

One things for certain, anyone who's watched him play these 2 games can clearly see that offensive production won't be his problem. The guy is nowhere near washed up. He's just no longer Superman,but rather Spiderman.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:55 pm    Post subject:

The Crow Pie may be baking. But like I said it takes 82 games to heat it up. Not sure if it's worth "celebrating" if this team is one of the worst teams in the NBA and the worst lakers team ever. But he's certainly putting up stats and shooting close to 27-28 shots a game if he played 36 minutes. Wow.
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The Crow Pie may be baking. But like I said it takes 82 games to heat it up. Not sure if it's worth "celebrating" if this team is one of the worst teams in the NBA and the worst lakers team ever. But he's certainly putting up stats and shooting close to 27-28 shots a game if he played 36 minutes. Wow.

Yeah, but I don't think anyone was dumb enough to assume this team would be winning games.

We're talking about posters, once again, for the millionth time, saying Kobe wouldn't be able to put up his points anymore. Last mighty clearly puts that to bed. Dude is getting loads of defensive pressure and he can still put that ball in the hole with ease. 25ppg would be like taking a nap for him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject:

golaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah, but I don't think anyone was dumb enough to assume this team would be winning games.

We're talking about posters, once again, for the millionth time, saying Kobe wouldn't be able to put up his points anymore. Last mighty clearly puts that to bed. Dude is getting loads of defensive pressure and he can still put that ball in the hole with ease. 25ppg would be like taking a nap for him.

Yeah. But it's a long season and kobe isn't looking happy. But he's def scoring.
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
golaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah. But it's a long season and kobe isn't looking happy. But he's def scoring.

This year is going to be the 2006 remix. He's going to jack up shots, no matter how long the season is, or how mad he gets. People who thought his best efforts would now result in 20 points for the mamba were always wrong, you were one of them, it's no big deal, just time to put that to bed.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject:

golaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
golaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

This year is going to be the 2006 remix. He's going to jack up shots, no matter how long the season is, or how mad he gets. People who thought his best efforts would now result in 20 points for the mamba were always wrong, you were one of them, it's no big deal, just time to put that to bed.

We can revisit this after game 82.
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
golaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
golaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

We can revisit this after game 82.

Awwww come on, you're not really wishing I'll on kb are you???
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Wishing ill on kobe? No one way. I just don't think it's productive to talk about this until 82 games. Crow Pies don't bake in 2 games.
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Wishing ill on kobe? No one way. I just don't think it's productive to talk about this until 82 games. Crow Pies don't bake in 2 games.

You'll be the only one left doubting kobe at 82 games, hell you're all alone now and we're only 2 games in
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject:

still sticking with 29 ppg
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject:

golaker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
golaker wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
BruceLeroy1985 wrote:

You still don't get it. Unbelievable.

Keep using logic and stats to determine what kobe will do. That's worked wonders throughout his career. His numbers have been steadily dropping from year to year throughout his 30's and with each injury throughout his career, right?

I'm not sure how else to put a projection together other than logic. I wasn't "right" with my projection of 20-22 PPG after game 1, and I wasn't wrong after game 2.

For the record, I predicted (in another thread) a big game from Kobe in game 2. I predicted 25/4/3 and he got 31/4/3.

I put my projections together with logic. They aren't always right. But that's how I do it. Of course, I hope he goes for 81 PPG on 100% FG but silly logic tells me that isn't likely.

The most important thing for me, more than his output, is that he gets through the season healthy. I don't think there is anything hateful about predicting the second best post achilles tear season of all time. But I know, anything but predicting the best of all time in anything is hating.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
He's currently at 25ppg in 28.5 minutes played. which is exactly where I predicted he'd be on a points/minute basis. If he play's 30 minutes, he'll hit the 27 avg mark for this first month of the season. The lack of healthy guard depth, along with a gun shy team still feeling it's way, pretty much guarantees this to be the most likely outcome.

One things for certain, anyone who's watched him play these 2 games can clearly see that offensive production won't be his problem. The guy is nowhere near washed up. He's just no longer Superman,but rather Spiderman.

I would correct you by saying, "He's just no longer Superman, but rather Batman."

But I agree with Aussiesuede. Kobe looks amazing out there. It's almost as if the achilles never happened.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7
Jump to: