OFFICIAL Front Office and General Ongoing P&M Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 73, 74, 75  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject:

We need to suck for awhile. Suck and luck. A team like the Warriors has a nice, young roster. But it took sucking to be in position for those picks. That's not something the Lakers franchise is used to. The moves the Lakers have made were partly to appease a fan base that doesn't want to suck. Can't argue with the overall results, FO has had a fabulous run with its strategy. But the well has gone dry. It's not pleasant, but we need to suck it up and let the team suck.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject:

nevitt_smrek wrote:
We need to suck for awhile. Suck and luck. A team like the Warriors has a nice, young roster. But it took sucking to be in position for those picks. That's not something the Lakers franchise is used to. The moves the Lakers have made were partly to appease a fan base that doesn't want to suck. Can't argue with the overall results, FO has had a fabulous run with its strategy. But the well has gone dry. It's not pleasant, but we need to suck it up and let the team suck.

true, the warriors sucked for about 25 years straight and had so many draft bust that they retooled about 10 times through the draft. Only now did they get lucky with Curry/klay/barnes etc...

I'm hoping we dont miss as often as them but I'm thinking maybe Jerry West and the current regime had something to do with their turnaround. Mitch needs to deliver!
Frank The Tank
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Does anybody really think Jeannie will fire her brother? If she did that, that would forever tear that family apart.

Instead, they'll hide behind Jim's promise to 'contend' for a chamapionship because that can mean whatever the Lakers organization wants that to mean.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Don't think things will change much...Dr. Buss was the genius behind the operation of the Lakers....him passing on left a big hole in the way things are run.
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject:

The more and more I hear Jeannie talk, the more I think she's sort of an idiot. She's really just a pretty PR mouthpiece.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:46 am    Post subject:

First of all, she is not pretty. She looks like she got beat up by the stick the last couple of years. Secondly, she really should not be the mouthpiece. She does not sound very good/professional.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:54 am    Post subject:

That 3 year plan is the only thing that gives me hope at this point. I thought we would have to endure these guys forever.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: Jeanie Buss, please check your math. This is year *two* of Jimbo running things.

tlim wrote:
This isn't "year one" as you say in your interview. It's year *TWO*. Stop giving Jimbo more rope.

It's so demoralizing as seriously, there is VERY LITTLE to be hopeful about right now except for the fact that we need someone other than Jimbo running things.

Yeah, that'll solve everything. Soon as Jim is gone this team wins a title.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:06 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
First of all, she is not pretty. She looks like she got beat up by the stick the last couple of years. Secondly, she really should not be the mouthpiece. She does not sound very good/professional.

Yeah, it's called age. Be kind.
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:18 am    Post subject:

Frank The Tank wrote:
Does anybody really think Jeannie will fire her brother? If she did that, that would forever tear that family apart.

Instead, they'll hide behind Jim's promise to 'contend' for a chamapionship because that can mean whatever the Lakers organization wants that to mean.

The next time they have a team that wins 45-50 games, they'll call it a contender. And it'll probably feel like a contender to a lot of fans, considering how many years it's going to take to get there.
VegasLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:56 am    Post subject:

MickMgl wrote:
Frank The Tank wrote:

The next time they have a team that wins 45-50 games, they'll call it a contender. And it'll probably feel like a contender to a lot of fans, considering how many years it's going to take to get there.

The next Laker team to win 45-50 game will feel like that beloved '94-95 team, which is fine by me. The only thing we need is Chick.
thedude1977
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:27 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:

How is her appearance relevant at all, let alone the thing that should be addressed "first of all"? More like "not at all."

If she doesn't sound good, she should see a doctor.
kobe_somebody_odom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:44 am    Post subject:

I guess this is the place to vent....

Watching Isiah Thomas and Lance Stephenson ball out is more proof Mitch should be canned.

Mitch had a chance to put together a decent roster but look at this crap. We are by far the most hopeless roster in the NBA (Knicks might be close)

Even teams like Phili, Bucks, Hawks are more talent rich than us. Coming off 40M in cap space, I expected at least one of Thomas/Stephenson along with one of Nick Young/Hill/Meeks (from last years team) and maybe throw 12-14M at Parsons too. None of that would prohibit Boozer, Ed Davis, or Randle.

Well on to game 3 vs Clippers. Not gonna be pretty.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:08 am    Post subject:

It's starting to look like the Lakers may be getting the better end of the deal with Kobe. He's already at super nova levels and we're just 2 games in. Not much help is coming for him (Young, Kelly will help, but not completely change the course of the season), yet people are still coming to games to watch Kobe.

Looked like it was Kobe fleecing the Lakers when he signed the Extension but the more this season plays out, it may be the other way. (And this is a big concession for me to make).
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Can the Damage be undone?

I believe I heard Jeannie is the person at the top of the Laker empire. We continuously blame Jim Buss though. Can Jeannie fire Jim Buss or demote him?

I know people have been blaming Jim Buss for firing that trainer guy as the cause of most of the Lakers injuries. Pretty doubtful they can get McKechnie (sp?) back I hope they can right this wrong.

What about that DiFrancesco guy...I remember seeing an expose on him and his training methods....he relies on paleo diet stuff, Omega 3s, grass fed stuff, etc.....is he a quack?

Can the damage be undone? Money can't buy everything....Unfortunately Jim Buss let all the good people go.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Can the Damage be undone?

Lakerpark wrote:
I believe I heard Jeannie is the person at the top of the Laker empire. We continuously blame Jim Buss though. Can Jeannie fire Jim Buss or demote him?

I know people have been blaming Jim Buss for firing that trainer guy as the cause of most of the Lakers injuries. Pretty doubtful they can get McKechnie (sp?) back I hope they can right this wrong.

What about that DiFrancesco guy...I remember seeing an expose on him and his training methods....he relies on paleo diet stuff, Omega 3s, grass fed stuff, etc.....is he a quack?

Can the damage be undone? Money can't buy everything....Unfortunately Jim Buss let all the good people go.

Jim Buss is not going to leave for at least three years.

He said that he will resign if he cannot turn it around.

The question is what does he mean by turning it around.
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject:

Durant coming here in the summer of 2016 is the only thing that would change things in the foreseeable future. If not, this team, with the current FTLBA (Eff the Lakers bargaining agreement), they will have zero chance of building anything soon.

Last edited by Oliver Reed on Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
eznoh
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: Can the Damage be undone?

Lakerpark wrote:

The team needs to be sold, passing on a business to your kids rarely works.

Mike
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject:

It's not that easy to fire Jim because he's not the owner of record with the NBA, but he is still an owner as part of the Buss family trust.
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Re: Jeanie Buss, please check your math. This is year *two* of Jimbo running things.

VegasLakerFan wrote:
tlim wrote:
This isn't "year one" as you say in your interview. It's year *TWO*. Stop giving Jimbo more rope.

It's so demoralizing as seriously, there is VERY LITTLE to be hopeful about right now except for the fact that we need someone other than Jimbo running things.

Did I say that? Did I say that they'd win a title? Get Jim to STFU and let Mitch make final basketball decisions, and the firing of a bunch of staff a few years back? Yeah, that also did us a bunch of good. And who pushed for it? Jimbo.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:41 am    Post subject:

They can always blame mitch and fire him after 3 years. This buys 3 more years for Jim
Firelord_Rag
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Jim Buss is introverted and avoids the spotlight, and has never joined any on-court public ceremony for the Lakers. He rarely speaks in public, with Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak usually handling the speaking responsibilities regarding player personnel.

Public perception is that Buss was instrumental in distancing the team from Jackson, including discounting his assistant Shaw from succeeding him as Lakers head coach. During his interview for the position, Shaw said he had to defend Jackson when Buss spoke negatively of their former coach. In a May 2011 interview, Jackson said "there's really not a relationship" with him and Buss.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: Jeanie Buss, please check your math. This is year *two* of Jimbo running things.

VegasLakerFan wrote:
tlim wrote:

I do not think he said that.

I think that he meant that it will be the first step in resolving this disaster.

unfortunately, we wasted some of Kobe's years when Jim wanted to put his mark on the team by getting rid of anything related to Phil. Spurs took advantages of Duncan's years by holding on to Pop.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject:

Firelord_Rag wrote:
Quote:
Jim Buss is introverted and avoids the spotlight, and has never joined any on-court public ceremony for the Lakers. He rarely speaks in public, with Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak usually handling the speaking responsibilities regarding player personnel.

Public perception is that Buss was instrumental in distancing the team from Jackson, including discounting his assistant Shaw from succeeding him as Lakers head coach. During his interview for the position, Shaw said he had to defend Jackson when Buss spoke negatively of their former coach. In a May 2011 interview, Jackson said "there's really not a relationship" with him and Buss.

Jim sounds like a guy who did not like Phil
echobats
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject:

It would be easier for an expansion team starting from scratch to build a playoff roster than this version of the Lakers. At least they would have all their draft choices and no illusions of filling the roster with has-beens to prop up appearances of fielding a competitive team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 73, 74, 75  Next
Page 16 of 75
Jump to: