Byron said the Lakers 2nd unit was going to be a running team...What happened?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
the talent is just not there.

Hopefully Mitch pulls off some moves... we have 5-6M exception to use if we are granted with Randle/Nash medical exceptions then you have Hill/Clarkson and the 1st round pick we got from HOU to use in trade scenarios... I really think the Lakers are gonna do something big to pull us back in the map.... but it might not be for this season though.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject:

It's appalling watching professionall basketball players running a fast break without even the most basic fundamentals. In Game 1, I saw one fast break where four players were running almost shoulder-to-shoulder. On another break, Jordan Hill was trailing so close to Lin he bumped into him and caused a turnover.

If there was one coach I would expect to be able to coach a proper fast break, I would have expected it to be Byron.
LoyalLakerfan44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Byron said the Lakers 2nd unit was going to be a running team...What happened?

Jeggs wrote:
Which is why I don't understand why Scott is starting Lin. Scott said he wanted the 2nd unit to be a running team, so naturally he should have Lin and Clarkson coming in for the 2nd unit to get some easy transition buckets.

I'm starting to think the FO is pressuring Scott to start Lin because of the Lin fan base. I thought Price played well with the 1st unit, and Lin was superb with Davis and Clarkson in the 2nd unit.

If I'm Scott this should be the rotation:

Starters:

Price
Ellington
Hill
Kobe
Boozer

2nd:

Lin
Clarkson
Sacre
Wesley
Davis

Doesn't this make more sense? Lin will be more effective coming off the bench with the 2nd unit IMO. And wesley Johnson's athleticism will be best used in an open court situation...while Ellington's shooting is best used in a half court scenario....

Seems logical from my POV.

Everybody was (bleep) about Lin not being the starter, truth is Price was the better choice for that starting group. I think Scott is slowly trying to prove a point.
circusmonkey
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject:

Can't fastbreak when our opponent hits every shot. And every rebound we (try to) get we have to tap around and scrap for. Oh and also we're not good.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject:

Someone tell the OP that umm, the distributor for the second unit break (Steve Nash) isn't playing and the horse (Julius Randle) broke his leg.
brunel
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Byron said the Lakers 2nd unit was going to be a running team...What happened?

LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
Which is why I don't understand why Scott is starting Lin. Scott said he wanted the 2nd unit to be a running team, so naturally he should have Lin and Clarkson coming in for the 2nd unit to get some easy transition buckets.

I'm starting to think the FO is pressuring Scott to start Lin because of the Lin fan base. I thought Price played well with the 1st unit, and Lin was superb with Davis and Clarkson in the 2nd unit.

Starters:

Price
Ellington
Hill
Kobe
Boozer

2nd:

Lin
Clarkson
Sacre
Wesley
Davis

Doesn't this make more sense? Lin will be more effective coming off the bench with the 2nd unit IMO. And wesley Johnson's athleticism will be best used in an open court situation...while Ellington's shooting is best used in a half court scenario....

Everybody was (bleep) about Lin not being the starter, truth is Price was the better choice for that starting group. I think Scott is slowly trying to prove a point.

That point being proven is there is no talent on this team. The starting unit with Price in preseason looked just as bad giving up leads to start the game. The team picks it up a bit once Davis gets into the game playing minutes against the opponents bench because he brings some energy on offense and some rim protection. So far, there's been no difference in the effectiveness of the starters or bench starting scrub 1 or scrub 2 at PG. At least there's some hope scrub 1 has some talent not yet displayed.
dxdx
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: Byron said the Lakers 2nd unit was going to be a running team...What happened?

brunel wrote:
LoyalLakerfan44 wrote:
Jeggs wrote:

Starters:

Price
Ellington
Hill
Kobe
Boozer

2nd:

Lin
Clarkson
Sacre
Wesley
Davis

That point being proven is there is no talent on this team. The starting unit with Price in preseason looked just as bad giving up leads to start the game. The team picks it up a bit once Davis gets into the game playing minutes against the opponents bench because he brings some energy on offense and some rim protection. So far, there's been no difference in the effectiveness of the starters or bench starting scrub 1 or scrub 2 at PG. At least there's some hope scrub 1 has some talent not yet displayed.

Incidentally, scrub 1 works well with Davies, but Coach says nope, we ain't going to play to our advantage. let's put scrub 1 with scrub Hill.

et voila:
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Just because you might have a lack of talent doesn't mean you don't play to a player's strengths. Lin, Clarkson, Davis and Johnson should come off the bench and play a fast tempo game.
brunel
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
Just because you might have a lack of talent doesn't mean you don't play to a player's strengths. Lin, Clarkson, Davis and Johnson should come off the bench and play a fast tempo game.

So, what do you do with the starting unit that doesn't play defense, can't score efficiently, and plays the bulk of the minutes?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: