OFFICIAL Front Office and General Ongoing P&M Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 73, 74, 75  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject:

That depends on if fans have the sack to be patient enough for the FO to rebuild.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
That depends on if fans have the sack to be patient enough for the FO to rebuild.

Yeah. I don't like losing at all, but I understand that's part of the process. Specially after being screwed by the CP3 trade veto and the new CBA.

Just like the early 90s, when I started supporting the Lakers.
Lakerpark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject:

Maybe if people boycotted the games the Laker organization might make some changes.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject:

Chick-N-Stew wrote:
What did Jeanie say last night in a court side interview? "Howard wanted to win and he left because the Lakers couldn't deliver" or something to that effect. She acted like the Lakers blew it and him leaving had nothing to do with KB or being a coward. She really had D12's back more than just defending Kobe's popularity. What is up with that?

On another note, nice of Ballmer to fund a Clippers ad nationally during a Lakers / World Series games.

She said the team failed him. And she was referring to the decision to hire the wrong coach for his skill set.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject:

I think Jeannie is much more aware of what she thinks than the OP is. Another worthless thread.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Don't think things will change much...Dr. Buss was the genius behind the operation of the Lakers....him passing on left a big hole in the way things are run.

I think a big problem is Jim and Jeanie worrying about what Dr. Buss would want or do.

They need to become own people and forge their own paths to a championship.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Don't think things will change much...Dr. Buss was the genius behind the operation of the Lakers....him passing on left a big hole in the way things are run.

It's true. The pitfalls of a family run operation. But I do remember being happy when the O'Malley's sold the Dodgers to Fox and then I remember really wishing that the O'Malley's had not done that.

Dr. Buss's greatest skill was hiring great Bball people, Jerry West, Phil Jackson and then just getting out of their way.

Jim let his personal feelings get in the way so he passed on Phil. Things have been downhill from there.

Let's hope he can learn from his mistakes and that he can make the right hire in the future and then just get out of the way. He can go back to the horses or something and let the professionals take care of things.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject:

[quote="laker4life"]
Firelord_Rag wrote:
Quote:
Jim Buss is introverted and avoids the spotlight, and has never joined any on-court public ceremony for the Lakers. He rarely speaks in public, with Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak usually handling the speaking responsibilities regarding player personnel.

Public perception is that Buss was instrumental in distancing the team from Jackson, including discounting his assistant Shaw from succeeding him as Lakers head coach. During his interview for the position, Shaw said he had to defend Jackson when Buss spoke negatively of their former coach. In a May 2011 interview, Jackson said "there's really not a relationship" with him and Buss.

B-Shaw or Fish for our coach, Phil head of our BBall operations. Such a short sighted move by Jim to just throw out all of that knowledge and success. I know Jim can do what he wants, it's his team, but that does not mean I have to like it.

Mike Brown. Ugg, the name still gives me the chills.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

I think this question has been answered long ago.
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject:

Lakerpark wrote:
What about that DiFrancesco guy...I remember seeing an expose on him and his training methods....he relies on paleo diet stuff, Omega 3s, grass fed stuff, etc.....is he a quack?

Yeah he's a total quack. The best way to eat is high sugar and zero fat. If you do have the occasional fat just make sure its sourced only from vegetable oils, margarine and omega 6s. Those omega 3s from Wild caught salmon and pasture raised grassfed animals really mess you up. Make sure to throw in msg and other chemicals to boost up your immune system. You will be strong like ox Daniel Son.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject:

"Long ago", we old timers took rebuilding after Magic as a journey and enjoyed how the roster changed every year, always building toward something. I will approach this rebuild the same way.
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject:

Oliver Reed wrote:
Durant coming here in the summer of 2016 is the only thing that would change things in the foreseeable future. If not, this team, with the current FTLBA (Eff the Lakers bargaining agreement), they will have zero chance of building anything soon.

Why would he come here? If he leaves OKC he's going to Washington. LA has zero chance for KD.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
Firelord_Rag wrote:
Quote:
Jim Buss is introverted and avoids the spotlight, and has never joined any on-court public ceremony for the Lakers. He rarely speaks in public, with Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak usually handling the speaking responsibilities regarding player personnel.

Public perception is that Buss was instrumental in distancing the team from Jackson, including discounting his assistant Shaw from succeeding him as Lakers head coach. During his interview for the position, Shaw said he had to defend Jackson when Buss spoke negatively of their former coach. In a May 2011 interview, Jackson said "there's really not a relationship" with him and Buss.

Jim sounds like a guy who did not like Phil

I am sure that line is very long. And gotta love the quote, since Jim doesn't speak publicly, let's just make stuff up about him.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: we need a new ownership

listening to Steve Balmer on Collin Cowherd's show this morning made me sad. he's exactly the kind of owner Laker franchise deserves after passing of Dr. Buss. deep pocket guy not afraid of spending on team while understand how to let other people run things and also a huge basketball fan at the same time, similar to Mark Cuban. the 2nd generation Buss ownership scares me. first of all, they don't have the deep pocket as most owners in the league. Since Lakers is the main income source for the Buss siblings (and there are quite a few of them), no doubt corners will be cut, different opinions will be raised on how to run the team as a business.

secondly, the current ownership is still living in the past. the LA brand can't be used on today's FAs anymore. with social media LeBron can play on an expansion team in Montana and he'd still get as much media exposure as he would in NYC or LA. FAs nowadays are running by their shoe companies and agents, they're making similar if not more from their shoe contracts than from their basketball salaries, therefore their brands are more important than the team's history and tradition he's about to go to. i just feel our current ownership had lost touch with today's reality, they still trying to do the same expanding your post NBA career in LA's entertainment industry pitch with Melo this past summer, the same pitch they gave to Shaq almost two decades ago, it worked on Shaq but it won't work now.

Last edited by SGV-Laker fan on Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:32 am; edited 3 times in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject:

dxdx
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject:

This escalated fast.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject:

Lets get Bill Gates to buy the Lakers.
akgolf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject:

He bought a team that was already set up. Let's see what happens when they start heading back down and they need to rebuild.
LaZonaImagery
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject:

888woops i was wromng888
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
"Long ago", we old timers took rebuilding after Magic as a journey and enjoyed how the roster changed every year, always building toward something. I will approach this rebuild the same way.

everyone can take rebuilding....but steps have to be taken so you believe. what steps did we take from last year.....None. Why don't we have pieces that are building.....Where is the talent that we can put our hopes in......You cant just swing for the fence and when you don't get it you go get d-league players to put on the floor each year....this is two years straight. NO PLAN!!!!!!!!!
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject:

The jury's still out on Ballmer as an NBA owner. And the clock is ticking on Jim.

Be patient for time will tell on both counts.
akgolf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject:

clutchkobe wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

everyone can take rebuilding....but steps have to be taken so you believe. what steps did we take from last year.....None. Why don't we have pieces that are building.....Where is the talent that we can put our hopes in......You cant just swing for the fence and when you don't get it you go get d-league players to put on the floor each year....this is two years straight. NO PLAN!!!!!!!!!
Not your plan.
MyKRo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject:

I don't think it's possible for the Lakers to get an owner like Balmer.

AEG holds a 40%+ stake in the team, and the option to buy Buss' portion if they ever choose to sell it.

Basically we're stuck with Buss family or AEG.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject:

New ownership?

New GM?

New coach?

New players?

How about new fans?
lkjhf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject:

MyKRo wrote:
I don't think it's possible for the Lakers to get an owner like Balmer.

AEG holds a 40%+ stake in the team, and the option to buy Buss' portion if they ever choose to sell it.

Basically we're stuck with Buss family or AEG.

they're more insignificant teams/franchises than the lakers, but in the past 3-4 years AEG has done a great job with the kings and the galaxy. always either winning the championships or in contention, always competitive, smart/shrewd moves. basically the opposite of the lakers' ownership/FO in the past half decade
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 73, 74, 75  Next
Page 17 of 75
Jump to: