Would you be ok with Kobe being traded to the Knicks?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you trade Kobe to the Knicks?
Yes
53%
 53%  [ 62 ]
No
46%
 46%  [ 53 ]
Total Votes : 115

JayLida
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:06 am    Post subject:

E_Wulf420 wrote:
The phuck kind of question is that?

That's exactly what i was thinking. Just SMFH with all of this! Vote Hell No!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:06 am    Post subject:

Kobe isn't going to ring-chase either (Cavs, though I can't see how they'd meet Kobe's contract, or Spurs, same problem).
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject:

To much money for an older player...for us he's great because his legacy but also it's probably the only reason most people tune into Laker games
saacman5033
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:22 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
saacman5033 wrote:
I wouldn't see the point for the Lakers or Kobe. Kobe wouldn't make the Knicks contenders once they had to give up all the necessary salary to get him and be worthwhile to the lakers.

And the FO knew they weren't going to be contenders for now once Kobe signed the big contract, they just want him to retire a Laker and put on a show and an 0-2 start doesn't change that. Like Lowe said, the Lakers are in stealth tank mode this year.

Why did the Lakers go after Melo? So they can NOT be contenders? Of course Melo and Kobe would be contenders in the wide open East. Melo and Kobe can go 20 and 62 for the year and still make the playoffs in the LEASTERN conference. I exaggerate, but you get my point.

Yes Kobe and Melo could make the playoffs in the East, but they wouldn't be contenders, more like 2nd round fodder. Bulls and Cavs would kill them even with Kobe once you remove the talent necessary for LA to consider that deal.

And no, Lakers would not trade Kobe straight up for Amare.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:27 am    Post subject:

If I was a mod I would be banning alot of these new accounts left and right.

LG is turning into a lot of fans from other teams trolling us on How poorly our team has been playing this far. Yes we get it you guys are being pathetic because our Lakers have been demolishing your team for centuries and this is your opportunity to get your troll on us.

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:46 am    Post subject:

This is BS.
echobats
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject:

There is no hope of rebuilding as long as Kobe comsumes a third of the salary cap. Why in the world would the Knicks trade for Kobe and why would he agree to go to another doormat team?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject:

Hell no, the Knicks have a garbage roster and have nothing I would want. The only possibility would be Early. I got a good chuckle at the OP thinking that the Knick roster is something Kobe should want to play with. And the fact that Kobe wants to be the longest tenured player with one thing would preclude such a trade from happening.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject:

Lakers aren't trading Kobe. He is going to retire a Laker. We aren't going to trade him to purposefully tank as we didn't trade Gasol last year for the same reason.

Kobe on the Knicks wouldn't make them better than Cleveland or Chicago even if they got him.

While he hates losing it may be beneficial in the long run. Getting a top 5 draft pick, having cap space to add free agents and getting Randle back next year would be the quickest way to retool.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject:

Kobe would go public demanding changes to the roster before a trade to the knicks would happen
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject:

And the trade wouldn't be of any use to Kobe. The Knicks sucks pretty much as the Lakers do right now.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:04 am    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
Why play 19 season with one franchise to retire with another team? Makes no sense for Kobe, and no sense for the Lakers organization.

I agree with you 100%, but did you see Kobe last night? I thought it looked like his head was going explode, others think he is looked like he was going to murder someone. I think that rationality might be thrown out the window and I really think that Kobe might just be game for a trade. There is the idea of retiring with the lakers on a bad team, then there is the reality that Kobe looks like he is going to go postal out there. It is not in his DNA to loose like this. Something's got to give.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
And the trade wouldn't be of any use to Kobe. The Knicks sucks pretty much as the Lakers do right now.

Yeah, sometimes I wonder how people come up with bizarre ideas like this.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject:

Only Kobe can say yes or no....I don't think management cares because they want to hang onto him as long as possible while they collect draft picks. He is the draw that gets people to pay big bucks to see the Lakers.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Only Kobe can say yes or no....I don't think management cares because they want to hang onto him as long as possible while they collect draft picks. He is the draw that gets people to pay big bucks to see the Lakers.

More like he can't say anything. Especially with that contract.

Last edited by dabask11 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject:

Absolutely not. Kobe is the only reason that this team isn't going to be the worst of all time. He is the ONE reason to tune in nowadays because the rest of our roster is D-league worthy. He's a Laker legend, the face of this franchise, one of the greatest to ever play this sport, and is going guaranteed to have an unprecedented 2 decade career on the most storied franchise in the NBA, and you want to throw all of that away for piss poor garbage like Andrea Bargnani and Amare Stoudemire just to get out of his contract a year early to free up cap space that's going to go to waste anyway since we're unlikely to get anyone that's going to have an impact on this team this summer? Absolutely (bleep) ing not.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject:

It doesn't matter if we don't get anything in return, let's just get rid of Kobe's ridiculous contract. Amare and JR both have 1 year left I believe, that's good enough. It opens up a ton of cap space. Kobe's contract is pathetic. I don't blame him for signing it I blame the lakers for offering it.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject:

I understand people that answer NO, I'm fine with that. But why do people think this is such a horrible question?

I, personally would. If we had asset to trade in order to get Kobe help than I would say no, but we have nothing and we are going nowhere. New York is not really a rival either. We would be letting Kobe finish his career with D Fish and Phil. We can "resign" him in 2 years just to retire him.

Kobe for Bargnani, JR Smith, Hardaway and this years # 1 pick would do just fine.

We would be able to use the cap space to try and sign Kawai, Klay or Deandre Jordan. Plus, we would almost guarantee ourselves of keeping our draft pick by increasing the odds it ends up a top 5 pick.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject:

Kobe + Melo in a two team conference would at least make the playoffs and have a snowman's chance in hell at making some noise. There is no such chance here.

On the flip side, there is no theoretically equitable trade for Kobe out there. The question is does an additional first round pick, Early, Hardaway Jr. and a ton of cap space going into next year so more for this team's future than this abomination running to stand still?

Remember that this all depends on Kobe. There's no way the F.O. even considers trading for him unless he asks for it and volunteers to shield the F.O. from blame. As long as he's happy finishing his career on a completely irrelevant team, the F.O. will be too. But your crazy if you don't think Kobe is starting to weigh finishing his career in the same jersey but on a losing team vs. a different jersey with one more shot at glory.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject:

No. Not a realistic scenario for either side. I believe it would be misinterpreting Kobe's so-called "angry play" to mean he has given up on this team.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject:

Lakers would not take anything back of value...it would be strictly a clear the books move for next year. Knicks have garbage, but they have expiring contracts like Amare Stoudamire's. I just don't see them doing it though. Really, the Lakers would have nothing to offer the fans if they do it.

Last edited by lakersken80 on Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Kobe + Melo in a two team conference would at least make the playoffs and have a snowman's chance in hell at making some noise. There is no such chance here.

On the flip side, there is no theoretically equitable trade for Kobe out there. The question is does an additional first round pick, Early, Hardaway Jr. and a ton of cap space going into next year so more for this team's future than this abomination running to stand still?

Remember that this all depends on Kobe. There's no way the F.O. even considers trading for him unless he asks for it and volunteers to shield the F.O. from blame. As long as he's happy finishing his career on a completely irrelevant team, the F.O. will be too. But your crazy if you don't think Kobe is starting to weigh finishing his career in the same jersey but on a losing team vs. a different jersey with one more shot at glory.

I forgot about Early. How did he do this summer and preseason?
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject:

Chad Ford and the rest of the bums at ESPN can't seem to keep our names out their mouths. Really pathetic especially since we're really far from being a contender.

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
LebronKingJames
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject:

I feel for Kobe he does not deserve this, he is a champion and it is such a shame to see him go out like this. Carlos Loozer is pathetic. But you Lakers will be alright once Lin starts better. You have alot of gelling to do, i hate the coach though.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject:

I'd be ok with kobe going to New York. It's hard to watch him play with these scrubs because I know how much he wants to win. I hope he wins a couple in nyc and the comes back in two years for his farewell tour with kd and a few first round picks.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5
Jump to: