OFFICIAL JEREMY LIN THREAD (***Remember to talk about BASKETBALL and NOT other fans/posters*** See pg.1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 501, 502, 503  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
back2backlakers2010
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject:

As long as Boozer and Hill are not moving and setting picks for LIN, move him to the bench to play with the ones that will. If not, he becomes a spot up shooter once again ala Houston. Not his strength.
Alloy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:52 am    Post subject:

Where is Lin's SWAGG??
jlinfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:10 am    Post subject:

silkwilkes wrote:
I said this a couple of weeks back... it's not up to the others to figure out how to play with Lin. Lin is the PG and he's charged with running the offense. Lin has to initiate the plays and figure out how to best set up the others within the offense.

Granted, our offense sucks. But we still need to run it. Right now, Kobe is the only reason we're not losing games by 40 as opposed to 20.

Well said.

Doesn't matter who's on the floor or what play is being run, Lin needs to orchestrate the guys - needs to take charge and impose his will on the game.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:41 am    Post subject:

kinein wrote:
Who Takes The Blame wrote:
The only coach that fits perfect with Lin is D'Antoni

This is false.

Lin did well under coaches at Harvard and in HS at Palo Alto. Trying to tie Lin to 1 coach is unfair and a play at discrediting him.

The NBA level. I think he did fine with Woodson. He did OK in Houston at times but McHale did not like his game. It's too soon to say with Scott or not, it looks like the first team doesn't play offensive sets or play them very efficiently. Lin did well on the 2nd team.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:47 am    Post subject:

cheesysapien wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
Boozer and Hill are not suited to play with Jeremy. When healthy, I'd like to see the Lakers give a go Lin, Young/Clarkson, Bryant, Kelly, Davis lineup. Young/Clarkson, Kobe, and Kelly can provide proper floor spacing opening the floor for Lin and Davis pick and rolls.

There are a LOT of moving parts with this team right now, and the chemistry between players is just not there yet. I don't think the coaching staff quite knows how to best utilize the roster yet either. It will take time for the team to find a good way to play effectively on offense, and until that time it's going to negatively impact our defense. Lots of unforced turnovers and not enough good looks from 3. We're trading inefficient 2 point shots for 3s and you're never going to win a game that way.

You can see Jeremy getting frustrated with our bigs not getting into the sets quickly enough, and trying to orchestrate the offense is taking away from his aggressive instincts. He is a much better player when he's just playing and not overthinking, but this is a necessary part of his growth as a player and hopefully he can learn when to try and set the offense and know when to just go.

Yes, over thinking is not good for any player. I am really glad he has Kobe and Byron , especially Kobe giving him advice and green light. He can only grow from this. It will be fun if one day Kobe and him can become a one two punch

I hope Nash comes back to mentor him. He should also seek out Magic for advice. I think Lins is bringing up the ball too slowly and not getting into the offense and passing it off quick enough. The slow grinding offense is not Lin's style at all and suits a Kobe type of SG or a skilled post player better. A real skilled and experienced PG, a Chris Paul or Rondo would do better, partly because they have nastiness to them and would command the troops. Lin hasn't been in LA long enough and may not have that personality to command, so he's playing slow and trying to adapt and that's not his game. If he's the PG, at least play to his strengths more until he develops more as a PG. He should also shoot more, 12 shots a game, 6 FT attempts minimum as an aim too.
laserboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject:

In order for Lin to orchestrate better with the starters, I think he has to earn their respect on court. It's much less about offensive or defensive schemes, but more about chemistry and about Lin finding a way to demonstrate leadership. Guys know how to set a good pick, but they don't do it for Lin even when he is obviously calling for it. Looks like a trust issue to me. Lin isn't helping himself with his loose handles and turnovers.

And neither is he showing leadership by defering to Kobe when he knows a play should be unfolding differently. I don't imagine it's an easy thing to butt heads with a guy who is your childhood hero and now here you are sharing the basketball court with him.

Whatever is ailing this team's chemistry, I hope they figure it out soon. No joke, I believe these guys have enough talent to compete for the 8 seed, but they just have to get it together.
KOBEDAGREAT
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:18 am    Post subject:

he just needs to start chuckin like kobe. who cares...team wont win much anyways. he needs to stop playing like hes in Houston. just go all out
romanaztec
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject:

This dude is terrible.
Lakersprime
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject:

To help this team, Lin must play more creatively, aggressively, and decisively, and have alpha dog mentality.
silkwilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:36 am    Post subject:

chuckin like Kobe R u serious???? the only guy out there that's competing is Kobe. Everyone else is either crap or scared on the wings. If he wasn't "chuckin", we'd be losing by 40.

Stop making excuses for Lin. He's been a pub player the first 2 games. I hope he wakes up soon. If he wants to be a starter in the NBA, this is truly his last chance.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject:

dxdx wrote:
bws94 wrote:
nikeykid wrote:
Serena Winters ‏@SerenaWinters 19s19 seconds ago
Kobe on Jeremy Lin: "I want it to be his role to orchestrate the offense." (on TWC)

Serena Winters ‏@SerenaWinters 34s34 seconds ago
Kobe said he talked to Lin on the bench & said "you got to run the offense. I'm telling you to run the offense & you got to do it."(on TWC)

Good. Lin has to learn how to be a total floor general. Lin is a leader but for some reason, he isn't commanding his troops on the floor. It's a quality he has to develop to reach his potential. Lin has Dragic potential to score and even higher to facilitate but something is missing. I hope Kobe can help him find it.

LOL. no pressure Lin.

Run the fking offense through insipid players who have no idea who to screen and run plays.

Things will improve for Lin when you take low IQ players like Jordan Hill out of the lineup.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject:

silkwilkes wrote:
chuckin like Kobe R u serious???? the only guy out there that's competing is Kobe. Everyone else is either crap or scared on the wings. If he wasn't "chuckin", we'd be losing by 40.

Stop making excuses for Lin. He's been a pub player the first 2 games. I hope he wakes up soon. If he wants to be a starter in the NBA, this is truly his last chance.

For somebody making $15 million a year, he sure isn't doing much to prove he deserves to make that much next year and the years beyond that....he needs to be more assertive, run the offense and stop playing scared. I think his confidence is easily shaken when he has a bad game.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
dxdx wrote:
bws94 wrote:
nikeykid wrote:
Serena Winters ‏@SerenaWinters 19s19 seconds ago
Kobe on Jeremy Lin: "I want it to be his role to orchestrate the offense." (on TWC)

Serena Winters ‏@SerenaWinters 34s34 seconds ago
Kobe said he talked to Lin on the bench & said "you got to run the offense. I'm telling you to run the offense & you got to do it."(on TWC)

Good. Lin has to learn how to be a total floor general. Lin is a leader but for some reason, he isn't commanding his troops on the floor. It's a quality he has to develop to reach his potential. Lin has Dragic potential to score and even higher to facilitate but something is missing. I hope Kobe can help him find it.

LOL. no pressure Lin.

Run the fking offense through insipid players who have no idea who to screen and run plays.

Things will improve for Lin when you take low IQ players like Jordan Hill out of the lineup.

I wish they would start setting more high picks for him so he doesn't have to expend so much energy and shot clock trying to get into the paint. He doesn't possess the jumpshot or quite enough explosiveness to get by on his own but once he can get his shoulder past the defender and get into the lane he's a good finisher and decent playmaker.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject:

silkwilkes wrote:

I thought going in Kobe would have to be Sir Shootalot. I watched his body language and facial expressions, he's totally frustrated.

I don't see a fire in anyonesbelly. The Lakers look like a team lost.

I got excited when they mounted their comeback, got to within eight. Then the inevitable happened, the site crashed and so did the Lakers.

I'm almost resolved to a dismal season, emphasis on almost. We haven't put our best on the floor yet. When we heal I look to see more competitive basketball games.

What worries me now is how Kobe' playing. He's exerting too much energy. There's no way he can continue to play like he's playing.

I hope he slows down and waits for the calvary to arrive.

Lin's not a great PG but he's the best we have. I believe Kobe is trying to instill some confidence in him. He can definitely play better than he has been. I don't put it all on him, he, like Kobe, needs help.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaveAtCFansCanSMD
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Lin's game relies on dishing out to open 3s... with our offense, the way it is structured, I don't see Lin playing well at all. there are no no shooters on either side, and players are hanging out clogging the lane, so no opening for penetration.

gawd, I miss MDA's floor spacing already.

He can dish out to the long, contested 2.

This!!! LOL
haoafu
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject:

Phiscally Lin's best attribute is his acceleration and strength for a PG. He needs the pick and sometimes multiple picks to initiate the offense. Off pick is when he's most dangerous as triple threat: attack the rim/pass/mid range jumper off dribble.

We need more frequent picks and moving/spacing to not necessarily let Lin do all the things, but initiate the first wave of offense.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:24 am    Post subject:

Lin will be useless without either Davis in the lineup or a decent 3 point shooter to give him more spacing on the drive.
Who Takes The Blame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject:

When Lins not around the team you know hes telling his friends "I hate this team and i hate Kobe jacking up shots"
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
Lin will be useless without either Davis in the lineup or a decent 3 point shooter to give him more spacing on the drive.

We need to put Davis and Ellington in the starting lineup. Gives us the best chance to win imo.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject:

When Lins not around the team you know hes telling his friends "I hate this team and i hate Kobe jacking up shots"

He's probably saying, "The bigs aren't running my plays. Kobe thinks I'm being too nice about it. He wants me to take command and get on their backs when they don't do what I tell them to. Kobe is expecting an awful lot out of me. I need to step up and move out of my comfort zone personality-wise."
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

He's probably saying, "The bigs aren't running my plays. Kobe thinks I'm being too nice about it. He wants me to take command and get on their backs when they don't do what I tell them to. Kobe is expecting an awful lot out of me. I need to step up and move out of my comfort zone personality-wise."

This

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
silkwilkes wrote:

I thought going in Kobe would have to be Sir Shootalot. I watched his body language and facial expressions, he's totally frustrated.

I don't see a fire in anyonesbelly. The Lakers look like a team lost.

I got excited when they mounted their comeback, got to within eight. Then the inevitable happened, the site crashed and so did the Lakers.

I'm almost resolved to a dismal season, emphasis on almost. We haven't put our best on the floor yet. When we heal I look to see more competitive basketball games.

What worries me now is how Kobe' playing. He's exerting too much energy. There's no way he can continue to play like he's playing.

I hope he slows down and waits for the calvary to arrive.

Lin's not a great PG but he's the best we have. I believe Kobe is trying to instill some confidence in him. He can definitely play better than he has been. I don't put it all on him, he, like Kobe, needs help.

Yeah, Kobe is expending too much energy. Maybe Lin shouldn't think about being a PG and be whatever type of guard he is. I think Lin is a very good facilitator, just not really a point guard quite yet but can be if he stops thinking so much and work on some of his physical weaknesses (dribbling under pressure for the most part)
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:53 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Reflexx wrote:

This

x2
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:

yep. Lin's smart enough to know what's going on.

The bigs that did listen to him are on the bench. Well one is on the bench, the other is out for the season. When Kelly comes back and is on the bench it's gonna be even more of a lineup that Lin should be running with.

Lin
Clarkson/X
Ellington
Kelly
Davis

That's a lineup that Lin can work with and exceed effectiveness with. High pick and rolls and wide open threes for Clarkson, Ellington and Kelly, Davis rolling to the basket with authority. Perfect situation for Lin.

If he wants it in the starting lineup he's gonna have to get out of his comfort zone and let Hill have it when he doesn't roll and get Boozer on the pick and pop more and tell Wes to have his hands up and move off ball for threes.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject:

I wonder if Lin's problem is LINK from the team.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 501, 502, 503  Next
Page 37 of 503
Jump to: