MLS introduce LAFC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: MLS introduce LAFC

Just saw the list of owners.. i guess its GG Galaxy? LOL.

holy crap, that list of owners is stacked (Mainly with GS Warriors owners).. Mia Hamm and her hubby, Magic, AS Roma owners... dayum.

new stadium coming too, im assuming its going to be ~20-25k capacity.

team will begin participating in the MLS in 2017. Chivas USA was previously owned by Jorge Vergara who sold the team back to the MLS this year, the league basically disolved Chivas USA and will put LAFC in its place.
Ares24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject:

Curious as to where they will build a new stadium. A lot of pressure on the galaxy now.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject:

Where is the future stadium? I know they want to get out of the shadow of the LA Galaxy. Thats the reason why Chivas USA never caught on, that and the fact that they tried to make the American affiliation of a Mexican club team.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject:

Ares24 wrote:
Curious as to where they will build a new stadium. A lot of pressure on the galaxy now.

why don't they just build a 70k seat stadium while they at it, so LA will get its NFL team(s) here as well piggy backing on LAFC.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Ares24 wrote:

why don't they just build a 70k seat stadium while they at it, so LA will get its NFL team(s) here as well piggy backing on LAFC.

Probably because an NFL stadium costs many times more than just building a soccer stadium fit for the MLS. Not to mention you have to get parking to fit 70k people instead of 25k. Plus its in the MLS interest to get stadiums that fit the number of fans that show up, if they played in NFL stadiums it would look like nobody showed up and they would have to tarp most of the seats higher than 100 level.
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Max Capacity for the Home Depot Center aka StubHub Center is 27k and they get in a few more people stuffing the luxury suites.

If LAFC was smart they would build a stadium with 28k-31k capacity.

Landon Donovan retiring is like Kobe retiring.

LAFC can take over IF they get a marketable super star AND surround him with a competitive team.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Initial rumors are that the stadium would be located somewhere near the Colesium/USC area.

Also - i heard they will target some young talent in the south bay area.

Truth be told, i dont play as much football as i'd like to, but it's rare when a player stands out to me... this is usually because there is no youth system showing the kids how the be professionals from age 8, like in more advanced countries. I do know Chivas USA had one of the best youth systems in the MLS.. so im not sure if LAFC will retain this youth pool.

Would be nice if they dropped a bomb on the market and got someone like C. Ronaldo or Messi by 2017.. all the records should be shattered by them in europe by 2016.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject:

also -

i think they have the ability to overtake galaxy.

Peter Guber is one of the head owners.. he gave a speech about how he always partners with the same people because they know how to be successful. He mentioned that when he brought up the project to guys like magic, they never doubted...

Good ownership goes a long way. Seattle/Portland/Galaxy already have some of the best attendance and invest well.. if they are a 4th team, they may create some good rivalries.

If the MLS isnt one of the top leagues (also im almost sure they will change the name) by 2030, i think you could say they probably never will be.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: