Kobe Throws down Hammer Dunk through traffic at Practice
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject:

I am talking about Kobe thinking that there is nothing else to play for, he wants the playoffs and a title.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I am talking about Kobe thinking that there is nothing else to play for, he wants the playoffs and a title.

What happens if this team is out of playoff contention by say February? What is the purpose of this season?
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

What happens if this team is out of playoff contention by say February? What is the purpose of this season?

for Kobe at that point breaking records, for Lakers developing young guys like Randle/Clarkson/Davis/Kelly/Sacre
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

for Kobe at that point breaking records, for Lakers developing young guys like Randle/Clarkson/Davis/Kelly/Sacre
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

He should be past MJ by then. How far away is Malone?

I do hope that he can mentor these guys, but knowing Kobe, not sure if that's his priority.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pmacla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I do hope that he can mentor these guys, but knowing Kobe, not sure if that's his priority.

Watching him at open practice I disagree, saw Kobe talking to his teammates ALOT I think he has totally embraced the mentoring role
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pmacla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

winning the scoring title would be a nice FU to all the media doubting him if the Lakers arent competing for playoffs
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pmacla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Watching him at open practice I disagree, saw Kobe talking to his teammates ALOT I think he has totally embraced the mentoring role

Sure, but it was a televised event and Kobe of course was aware of it. I didn't hear one curse word either. Does that mean everything is rated G?

I do see him embracing Randle more, but then again, it's also the preseason. After a long grinding and fruitless season, will he be so caring still? (I hope so).
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pmacla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pmacla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Sure, but it was a televised event and Kobe of course was aware of it. I didn't hear one curse word either. Does that mean everything is rated G?

I do see him embracing Randle more, but then again, it's also the preseason. After a long grinding and fruitless season, will he be so caring still? (I hope so).

Kobe cursed a few times they where doing some 5 on 5 scrimaging and Kelly drew a foul call which Kobe then said "why is this mother f er getting a fing call he just got on the fing court come on man what the f "
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject:

it was televised ?? when and where ?? what station ?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:

Ha. I think we were talking about different things. I was talking about the NBATV one.

But those open/televised practices are a different thing than when they're not under scrutiny.

I hate those games where a player has a mic on them (especially Lebron). He then gives the awkward "motivational" speech which I guarantee you when the camera/mic isn't on is different.

That's all. Kobe may still be lovin on the rooks, but I think his "don't F it up" comment to Randle is his method of mentorship.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Ha. I think we were talking about different things. I was talking about the NBATV one.

But those open/televised practices are a different thing than when they're not under scrutiny.

I hate those games where a player has a mic on them (especially Lebron). He then gives the awkward "motivational" speech which I guarantee you when the camera/mic isn't on is different.

That's all. Kobe may still be lovin on the rooks, but I think his "don't F it up" comment to Randle is his method of mentorship.

I was at open practice this past Saturday, and that is the best kinda mentorship if you ask me not the hey lets go to the Drake concert or whatever and be buds type
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pmacla wrote:

I was at open practice this past Saturday, and that is the best kinda mentorship if you ask me not the hey lets go to the Drake concert or whatever and be buds type

Yeah. This is why it's "old school" love. I think that really is the best kind than just being "friends." it's when you can blend both, ideally, that you get the best results with today's kids.

If my son was playing ball, I would rather have that Drill Sgt. approach. But it's not for everyone I suppose.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pmacla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Yeah. This is why it's "old school" love. I think that really is the best kind than just being "friends." it's when you can blend both, ideally, that you get the best results with today's kids.

If my son was playing ball, I would rather have that Drill Sgt. approach. But it's not for everyone I suppose.

Well by all account Pop runs a tight ship and so does Carlisle so outside three of the top 10 players in their prime teaming up has the buddy buddy approach worked ??

Seems as having someone whether your best player or coach be the Drill Sgt type is the way to mold a winner
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pmacla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Turning 46 on Sunday have discovered last few months that I am OLD SCHOOL !!! and proud of it lol
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
pmacla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pmacla wrote:

Look at about 12:02-12:12 sums up Kobe's mentorship to Randle.

Randle runs that break coast to coast and Kobe loves that stuff! You can tell Kobe's been harping on him to do that and was pointing like "That's what I wanna see!"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

You really believe Kobe, a man who has been on 7 different teams that were strong enough to make it to the finals, thinks this team has any shot at a title?
golaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject:

golaker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
golaker wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Kobe might have averaged 25 over the last two games (against the Jazz), but he also shot 37% between them.

Hell, thinking about it. Kobe should easily average 25. You know he wants to prove his doubters wrong, and the way he'll do that (in his mind) will be averaging the same amount of points he always did. The Haberstrohs and Peltons and Abbotts at ESPN will write the inevitable "Kobe is scoring like his old self but not with the same efficiency" articles, but what will that matter to him? There's no more mouths to feed on the Lakers. Pau is gone. There's no more Bynum or Dwight demanding touches down low to motivate them defensively. Are Lin and Boozer going to get in Kobe's face about passing the rock? Heeeelllllll no. Add all the losing they'll be doing and Kobe shifting into "it's me against the world" mode, this might be his best scoring season ever!

Damn, I wish my gambling site would throw up scoring title odds already. Kobe is at +2500 according to some other sites. I'd be ALL over that bet.

Pretty much sums up the season. I laugh at the people who expect kobe to be more of a passer this season. He'll jack it up as much as he ever has before. The only thing left on the plate for Kobe is bolstering up his career point total. There's absolutely nothing else left to play for with this squad.

Fire away kobe!

I'm guessing Kobe thinks about the exact opposite of you.

I'll remember you said that.

For the record, I'm not saying he'll be any less of a passer than he was before. I just laugh at the idea of him toning it down with 2 years left. He's said it before himself, he's going out "firing bullets". I don't think by bullets he meant very fast passes.

Hmmm 25 shots in 3 quarters last night, all the while this team is getting blown out in consecutive games.

Now,I know this isn't Kobe's fault by any means, but you still think Kobe is thinking the exact opposite of me? It's ok, you don't have to own up to it.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:00 am    Post subject:

This fits the description of a "hammer dunk" much better. Loved it:

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to: