Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
You can pretty much give Bumgarner 3 W's in the World Series if he wins tonight...MVP of the World Series.

That's a foregone conclusion. He was the MVP even before this game.

Which is pretty crazy how amazing he was.

Hunter Pence batted damn near .500 and didn't get the MVP. That's how good Bumgarner was!
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Was feeling pretty crappy about this, but I'm cool now...Congratulated some of my Giants fans friends and went to the Giants forum to congratulate them. They were all pretty gracious and classy about it. Was definitely a well-earned WS - Their guys stepped up big when they had to.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Bum just got paid. If Kershaw and Verlander are getting big loot, this guy needs to get paid just off the World Series performances.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Bum just got paid. If Kershaw and Verlander are getting big loot, this guy needs to get paid just off the World Series performances.

Wonder how much the Yankees are going to offer him to try to pry him away. His contract is up after 2017.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

Wonder how much the Yankees are going to offer him to try to pry him away. His contract is up after 2017.

Giants have Team Options the two years after. They'll pick it up for sure so he's looking at 2019 as a bonafide FA. In all likelihood, I'm sure they'll work out an extension by then (injuries not withstanding).
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

Giants have Team Options the two years after. They'll pick it up for sure so he's looking at 2019 as a bonafide FA. In all likelihood, I'm sure they'll work out an extension by then (injuries not withstanding).

I don't see him leaving the Giants...they usually keep the players that are good to them unless they lose it, then for some reason the Dodgers will sign them....
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:55 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

I don't see him leaving the Giants...they usually keep the players that are good to them unless they lose it, then for some reason the Dodgers will sign them....

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:10 am    Post subject:

Damn. Just brutal.

When you think about it, the only reason the Dodgers won the NL West was because of the mid season slump the Giants had. Snuck in through the back door and walked out with the safe and two flat screens.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:32 am    Post subject:

Here's a stat that will blow your mind. The World Series Champs starting rotation, less one guy, had an ERA of 6.23 during the entire post season!
Air Apparent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject:

Brings tears to my eyes reading some of these congratulatory comments from dodger fans.

This was by far the most satisfying title for me. Baseball is the ultimate team sport but this time and probably the only time in my lifetime I will have witnessed one man carry an entire team to a title. The man, the myth, the legend. Madbum. just unbelievable and historic. I'll never forget 2014

I'm still on a high right now but that 2002 meltdown has completely been erased from my mind

"Prior to evolving his game this season (12-13), Kobe became a tall Allen Iverson." - Lakersarethebesteva
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Here's a stat that will blow your mind. The World Series Champs starting rotation, less one guy, had an ERA of 6.23 during the entire post season!

Amazing. Literally in-credible. Downright Koufaxian. And I am not quite sure which part is more amazing the one guy part or the other guys part.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Dodgers basically destroyed the Giants in the regular season, crapped their pants in the playoffs then watched the Giants win another World Series with a dominant performance by their ace who basically put the team on their back....Sad..

@ all the homers who said Chokeshaw was better than BunGarmner. Fairweather fans.

Are you a moron?

Yeah, that comment can't be mocked enough.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject:

focus wrote:
ribeye wrote:

Amazing. Literally in-credible. Downright Koufaxian. And I am not quite sure which part is more amazing the one guy part or the other guys part.

You put Kershaw's regular season with Bumgarner's post season, and viola: Mr. Sandford himself.

I am really curious to see how each will handle their totally opposite post season results and who will have the better season next year.

Also of note, they were saying how Bumgarner pitched some 260-some innings (actually 270), but back in the day Koufax pitched 359 in 1965.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2250136-chevy-guy-botches-world-series-mvp-presentation-spawns-excellent-memes
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
focus wrote:
ribeye wrote:

You put Kershaw's regular season with Bumgarner's post season, and viola: Mr. Sandford himself.

I am really curious to see how each will handle their totally opposite post season results and who will have the better season next year.

Also of note, they were saying how Bumgarner pitched some 260-some innings (actually 270), but back in the day Koufax pitched 359 in 1965.

2.04 and 26-8 record not too shabby either in '65.

It will be really really interesting to see what Kershaw does. He must know that regular season doesnt mean much compared to playoffs, like Nowitzki in his MVP year when they lost first round. We'll see if it drives him to excel in postseason, but he already had a track record before this postseason for postseason flops. Nowitzki didnt.

Even if Baumgarner has a so-so regular season next year, would anyone doubt him in the following postseason if he's basically sound? His mindset is so peaceful yet competitive and resilient. Distractions seem to just not occur to him. Same look, same positioning, mellow after his historical win. Pure focus. Not sure what Kershaw is/was lacking besides rest. But did Baumgarner get to rest?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18
Jump to: