Article: Knicks, Nets, Mavs, Hornets Could Conceivably Be Interested In Kobe; pg 11 - Kobe says he's not going anywhere
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:40 am    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
Who could the Hornets give us for kobe? Stephenson? Mkg? I think I'd only be interested in stephenson but that wouldn't be enough. What could mavs give? Parsons and what else? I can't see kobe approving any of that anyway. Knicks are the only real option and quite frankly, hardaway jr is a very nice piece to rebuild with along with the expirings of ny to command the tank and clear cap, maybe even steal a draft pick from them as well.

Then we could go into the next year with randle, clarkson, Hou pick, suns pick, hardaway jr, kelly, nick young and cap space. Possibly knicks pick too. That would be a sweet rebuilding squad. With all those picks we could even make a big trade.

Doubt it will happen especially with all the spin lakers been putting on the lakers legend culture for this season, with hiring of scott, defending kobes contract taking care of our players, showtime lakers involvement, worthy camp etc.

Hornets: This is just a guess. But it might be something like this.

Gerald Henderson SG $6,000,000
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist SF $5,016,960
Cody Zeller C $4,030,560
Gary Neal SG $3,250,000
Noah Vonleh PF $2,524,200
Plus a future 1st round

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pdgjsps

Oh boy the giant pu pu platter. How long do those garbage contracts last?

Gerald Henderson SG $6,000,000 - 2 years left
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist SF $5,016,960 - 2 years left
Cody Zeller C $4,030,560 - 3 years left
Gary Neal SG $3,250,000 - 1 year
Noah Vonleh PF $2,524,200 - 4 years (rookie contract)
Plus a future 1st round

No way Kobe would even allow the Lakers trading him to Charlotte. Charlotte would have to give up too much, and Charlotte just doesn't have any superstars.

I'm pretty sure that if Kobe was even remotely considering on going to another team, it would be the Knicks, because Carmelo is there, and the path to a ring would be Easier than the West...or at least the path to a playoff spot. And this would pit a possible Kobe/Melo versus Lebron/Love ECF type of situation. Kobe would probably relish the idea of beating a prime Lebron in his twilight years.

But lets not forget Knicks fans hate Kobe. East coast people hate Kobe. Knicks would infuriate their own fan base by making that kind of move I would imagine.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:43 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
If LA had wanted Stevenson, they would already have him.

That's also part of the reason I dismissed the Hornets as a viable option.

The knicks seem like the best scenario despite being very improbable.

A team of something like: okafor, randle, hezonja (ny pick), hardaway jr, clarkson, and delon wright(Hou pick), plus swaggyp, kelly, and sacre? Then imagine we can grab Reggie Jackson or kawhi in free agency.

Last edited by Lakers_Jester on Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:46 am    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
Who could the Hornets give us for kobe? Stephenson? Mkg? I think I'd only be interested in stephenson but that wouldn't be enough. What could mavs give? Parsons and what else? I can't see kobe approving any of that anyway. Knicks are the only real option and quite frankly, hardaway jr is a very nice piece to rebuild with along with the expirings of ny to command the tank and clear cap, maybe even steal a draft pick from them as well.

Then we could go into the next year with randle, clarkson, Hou pick, suns pick, hardaway jr, kelly, nick young and cap space. Possibly knicks pick too. That would be a sweet rebuilding squad. With all those picks we could even make a big trade.

Doubt it will happen especially with all the spin lakers been putting on the lakers legend culture for this season, with hiring of scott, defending kobes contract taking care of our players, showtime lakers involvement, worthy camp etc.

Hornets: This is just a guess. But it might be something like this.

Gerald Henderson SG $6,000,000
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist SF $5,016,960
Cody Zeller C $4,030,560
Gary Neal SG $3,250,000
Noah Vonleh PF $2,524,200
Plus a future 1st round

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pdgjsps

Oh boy the giant pu pu platter. How long do those garbage contracts last?

Gerald Henderson SG $6,000,000 - 2 years left
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist SF $5,016,960 - 2 years left
Cody Zeller C $4,030,560 - 3 years left
Gary Neal SG $3,250,000 - 1 year
Noah Vonleh PF $2,524,200 - 4 years (rookie contract)
Plus a future 1st round

No way Kobe would even allow the Lakers trading him to Charlotte. Charlotte would have to give up too much, and Charlotte just doesn't have any superstars.

I'm pretty sure that if Kobe was even remotely considering on going to another team, it would be the Knicks, because Carmelo is there, and the path to a ring would be Easier than the West...or at least the path to a playoff spot. And this would pit a possible Kobe/Melo versus Lebron/Love ECF type of situation. Kobe would probably relish the idea of beating a prime Lebron in his twilight years.

But lets not forget Knicks fans hate Kobe. East coast people hate Kobe. Knicks would infuriate their own fan base by making that kind of move I would imagine.

Kobe drops 61 in Madison Square Garden. Knicks fans were chanting MVP to Kobe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SduZjhiHjcI
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:49 am    Post subject:

Kobe to New York? Hmm... interesting...
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:

Lakers need the draw more than they need the pick. They knew this when they gave Kobe that deal. They werent expecting a title.

Surely enough... Mitch said the expectations are to contend for a championship... looks like Mitch played us.
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
But lets not forget Knicks fans hate Kobe.

Huh?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
24 wrote:

Lakers need the draw more than they need the pick. They knew this when they gave Kobe that deal. They werent expecting a title.

Surely enough... Mitch said the expectations are to contend for a championship... looks like Mitch played us.

Do you feel like you got played? I don't.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject:

So let me make sure I understand this.

Kobe's going to get frustrated enough about not having a shot at a ring in LA that he is going to ask to be traded to a team that will have to give up so much that he doesn't have a shot at a ring.

Or is it that Mitch and the FO's love of Kobe is so great that they are going to trade him and make sure that their trading partner gets the better end of the deal to the point where Kobe has a better shot at a ring and the Lakers take back nothing of value.

Makes perfect sense.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Yes... everyone should...

even Kobe talked about how it's only fun when you "WIN"... if the Lakers expected Kobe to be cool with the struggles/losing then they are in for a long drama-filled season.... this franchise has had enough problems dealing with bad dysfunctional moments.... they will do anything to prevent that... so if they really thought Kobe or any fan was gonna be cool with losing... they are gonna hear it really loud from the season ticket-holders...
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:

Kobe's going to get frustrated enough about not having a shot at a ring in LA that he is going to ask to be traded to a team that will have to give up so much that he doesn't have a shot at a ring.

Or is it that Mitch and the FO's love of Kobe is so great that they are going to trade him and make sure that their trading partner gets the better end of the deal to the point where Kobe has a better shot at a ring and the Lakers take back nothing of value.

Makes perfect sense.

Too much sense to handle.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:53 am    Post subject:

I m ok with parsons, felton, b wright and 1st
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject:

i would trade Kobe to the Knicks without any hesitation. but i don't think Phil will go for that, not because he doesn't think Kobe would make them a contender this year, but because Phil does not to bail out Jim Buss.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Yes... everyone should...

even Kobe talked about how it's only fun when you "WIN"... if the Lakers expected Kobe to be cool with the struggles/losing then they are in for a long drama-filled season.... this franchise has had enough problems dealing with bad dysfunctional moments.... they will do anything to prevent that... so if they really thought Kobe or any fan was gonna be cool with losing... they are gonna hear it really loud from the season ticket-holders...

Then you had unreasonable expectations if that's how you feel.

There has been nothing surprising about this season so far (well, besides the injuries). I feel I have a very good pulse on who we are and why we're here. Am I happy about not? Not really. But I understand the reality of the situation.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
24 wrote:

He played you. Don't associate us to your crazy beliefs. Thanks.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject:

I do not think that the lakers will trade Kobe or Kobe wants to leave the Lakers.

However, if (and that is a big "if") he does demand a trade, it will only be to the Knicks for obvious reasons.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
I do not think that the lakers will trade Kobe or Kobe wants to leave the Lakers.

However, if (and that is a big "if") he does demand a trade, it will only be to the Knicks for obvious reasons.

we will see cause the 1st winnable game is on Nov 28th and that too not given
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:

Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:

Makes perfect sense.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject:

LaZonaImagery wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Right now I think we're in the situation where we have the assets to make a big trade for a player who can push us into playoff contention, or trade kobe for assets that will speed up this rebuild. I honestly believe the front office needs to decide which direction they want to go as soon as possible.

I feel like the laker front office is spending too much time catering to the casual fans who expect the lakers to contend every year. i believe that thier time would be better spent making moves that will helps us to rebuild faster. I think that it is sad that teams like Philadelphia can openly tank and thier fans understand that it is part of thier rebuilding plan, and at the same time the lakers have to hide the fact that they are in rebuild mode.

I hope we. An make a trade that would catapult us into the playoffs but realistically that won't happen. [u] Personally, I hope the lakers trade Kobe to the Knicks for a 2015 first if they have one and whatever exprong contracts they can pull together.[/u] Kobe deserves Los angeles blessing to win elsewhere. He's givin this franchise everything, and laker fans rather he finishes his career a loser like Steve Nash. That's really selfish.

On the flip side of we trade Kobe the lakers could potentially have 3 first round picks in 2015 and julius randle who will start his rookie season next year. Who wouldn't be happy with that type of start to a rebuild? And after moves contract is up in couple years maybe he can come back for a farewell tour with the lakers so he retires a laker.

Anyways just my 2 cents on the situation. We're gonna suck either way so might as well do the noble thing and at the same time take full advantage of the situation.

That is ridiculous. Knicks would have to give up too much assets I would think...unless the Lakers are prepared to take Amare's bloated contract?

Kobe must stay a Laker for life. That is the right send off for a legend. If he goes to the Knicks then they will label him as a ring chaser. The big Rushmore greats like Bird, Magic, and Jordan stayed with one team. Kobe is joining them. He doesn't need another ring, he's proven himself, and he's the GOAT in a lot of people's books as it is.

If Kobe feels like he doesn't need another ring, then why did he even come back? He could have already retired.

No, I think Kobe does want to win another ring, and then retire.

But do you think the Knicks are the path to another title? Because I sure don't. And to add in that the Knicks have 0 assets to offer, pass.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
magickobe24 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Right now I think we're in the situation where we have the assets to make a big trade for a player who can push us into playoff contention, or trade kobe for assets that will speed up this rebuild. I honestly believe the front office needs to decide which direction they want to go as soon as possible.

I feel like the laker front office is spending too much time catering to the casual fans who expect the lakers to contend every year. i believe that thier time would be better spent making moves that will helps us to rebuild faster. I think that it is sad that teams like Philadelphia can openly tank and thier fans understand that it is part of thier rebuilding plan, and at the same time the lakers have to hide the fact that they are in rebuild mode.

I hope we. An make a trade that would catapult us into the playoffs but realistically that won't happen. Personally, I hope the lakers trade Kobe to the Knicks for a 2015 first if they have one and whatever exprong contracts they can pull together. Kobe deserves Los angeles blessing to win elsewhere. He's givin this franchise everything, and laker fans rather he finishes his career a loser like Steve Nash. That's really selfish.

On the flip side of we trade Kobe the lakers could potentially have 3 first round picks in 2015 and julius randle who will start his rookie season next year. Who wouldn't be happy with that type of start to a rebuild? And after moves contract is up in couple years maybe he can come back for a farewell tour with the lakers so he retires a laker.

Anyways just my 2 cents on the situation. We're gonna suck either way so might as well do the noble thing and at the same time take full advantage of the situation.
the FO doesnt have that much leverage where they can decide to #1 trade kobe(no trade clause) #2 tell some team to give us a superstar player. SO you think we can just ask for anthony davis? haa haa.

Try re-reading what PICKnPOP wrote. No where in there did he mention getting a superstar player in return, nor did he mention Anthony Davis. What he did mention was obtaining assets to help speed up this rebuild. We aren't making the playoffs with or without Kobe with this roster they assembled. Plus, we don't really have any assets to acquire anyone that will catapult us into the post season.

We don't have assets, the Knicks don't have assets, why make a trade?
Who Takes The Blame
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:01 am    Post subject:

Nobody is gonna want Kobe at his age lol. I don't think anybody wants Kobe
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think the angle here is that Chad Ford hopes the Lakers fall on their own sword and trade Kobe to a contender for a bag of chips....because they want do Kobe a favor or something.

Did I mention that Chad Ford is a (bleep) moron?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
i would trade Kobe to the Knicks without any hesitation. but i don't think Phil will go for that, not because he doesn't think Kobe would make them a contender this year, but because Phil does not to bail out Jim Buss.

So you are willing to trade Kobe for nothing? Bad idea.
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject:

Who Takes The Blame wrote:
Nobody is gonna want Kobe at his age lol. I don't think anybody wants Kobe

It's the contract and what it would take to obtain him.

The player alone?
lkjhf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:

Makes perfect sense.

this is depressingly realistic
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15
Jump to: