Getting Ed Davis was the steal of the off-season...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject:

All_Star_Laker wrote:
Davis should start over Boozer for defensive purposes. With Davis and Hill protecting the rim, Kobe and Lin creating on offense, we could get off to good starts.

So you're gonna trust Ed Davis to shoot and hit mid range jumpers while Kobe is double/triple teamed on the block???
automatic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
All_Star_Laker wrote:
Davis should start over Boozer for defensive purposes. With Davis and Hill protecting the rim, Kobe and Lin creating on offense, we could get off to good starts.

So you're gonna trust Ed Davis to shoot and hit mid range jumpers while Kobe is double/triple teamed on the block???

Davis will cut and look for an open spot around the basket until he shows that he can deliver from midrange. Hill can show off his improved midrange game.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject:

automatic wrote:
MJST wrote:
All_Star_Laker wrote:

Davis will cut and look for an open spot around the basket until he shows that he can deliver from midrange. Hill can show off his improved midrange game.

Thats not a good gamble.
freethrow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
All_Star_Laker wrote:

With the Lin-Davis threat out there Kobe won't be seeing too many double/triple teams. See how that works?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject:

freethrow wrote:
MJST wrote:
All_Star_Laker wrote:

With the Lin-Davis threat out there Kobe won't be seeing too many double/triple teams. See how that works?

Kobe would still see plenty of double and triple teams whenever he touches the ball.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Just give Davis more burn. If you want to keep him with the bench group for chemistry, fine, give him "starter" minutes (say 28+) and let him help Boozer some. I don't care that Hill gets paid more, Davis has a better chance of being her next year with what he offers the team. Hopefully he plays well and they extend him. There are some centers that can bully him around, but not enough to diminish his overall value enough not to "start" him.
freethrow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
freethrow wrote:
MJST wrote:
All_Star_Laker wrote:

Kobe would still see plenty of double and triple teams whenever he touches the ball.

I would be ecstatic if Kobe is still able to play at such a high level to draw double and triple teams whenever he touches the ball. That would create all kinds of problems for the opposing defense. And now he'll have Lin and Davis to exploit the holes instead of passing to Boozer for another long jumper.
JJack
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject:

until Lakers sign a reasonable extension with him next season, the steal is yet to be done.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject:

freethrow wrote:
MJST wrote:
freethrow wrote:
MJST wrote:
All_Star_Laker wrote:

I would be ecstatic if Kobe is still able to play at such a high level to draw double and triple teams whenever he touches the ball. That would create all kinds of problems for the opposing defense. And now he'll have Lin and Davis to exploit the holes instead of passing to Boozer for another long jumper.

Did you not watch any of the preseason games? All night long....
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:20 pm    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
freethrow wrote:
MJST wrote:
freethrow wrote:
MJST wrote:
All_Star_Laker wrote:

K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Probably been the lone bright spot.. On this team he's gonna be really good player in this league.
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Sacre tried to take out Ed Davis last night. A few more inches and we would have been talking about Davis having surgery this morning.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject:

I can see Davis averaging 18/9 this year a lot of people did not expect much... but with Randle's injury and increased role... he can have a major breakout season.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:45 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
I can see Davis averaging 18/9 this year a lot of people did not expect much... but with Randle's injury and increased role... he can have a major breakout season.

Are you peering through the same looking glass that had you concluding Boozer would be 20/10?

Or a different one?
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject:

Booz can still end up having a good season.... it's still early.... but Davis looks promising...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:19 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Booz can still end up having a good season.... it's still early.... but Davis looks promising...

Is this Kobee 4.0 now?
Type Raba
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
freethrow wrote:

that's because the Kobe-Lin-Davis combo never started. i love how it's declared a failure before we even see it...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject:

freethrow wrote:
MJST wrote:
freethrow wrote:
MJST wrote:
All_Star_Laker wrote:

Easy to double and triple team when all the defenders and offensive players are 15 feet from the hoop.
cheesysapien
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: A day with Ed Davis

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/141028adaywith_eddavis
"We have a lot of guys that have been kinda discarded ... Myself with the injury and the age. Jeremy ... a bunch of players who other teams really felt they had no use for. So we have that kind of attitude built into ourselves" -- Kobe Bryant
automatic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
automatic wrote:
MJST wrote:
All_Star_Laker wrote:

Thats not a good gamble.

Why not? It's not like Boozer is deadly from midrange--he is just not bad. And a Davis drive to the basket opens up lots more than a Boozer fadeaway from 17 feet. And when you add in Davis' superiority on defense, running the floor on fastbreaks (Lin has no one to run with on the first team--granted, Wes has potential but hasn't shown it yet), and Davis superior offensive rebounding, it is a no brainer.

My only conclusion is that Scott is tanking or has some other motive (drive up stats for certain players for trade value, etc.) because I can't believe that he is unable to see this.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject:

We just need somone to have a breakout season this year in terms of MIP. Davis has that potential and be setup for the upcoming future as our center. Boozer will be gone next year anyways.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:57 am    Post subject:

Big Ed has been very consistent and has played pretty good basketball in the first three games.
He could turn out to be valuable piece of the rebuilding puzzle.
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject:

I am seriously loving me some Ed Davis! Just a worker that can finish around the basket.
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Ed Davis, Randle, R.Kelly and Clarkson are the keepers for Lakers franchise future, if we are indeed trying to build something good. Im ok with having Young as our Sixth Man in the next couple of seasons. Shame we just cant fast forward nba seasons
Mege
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Davis was seething in his after game interview tonight on Sportsnet. Good to see that type of passion in players other than Kobe.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 7 of 12
Jump to: