I have been stress free for past few seasons
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject:

VegasLakerFan wrote:
MickMgl wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
The thing is that...Even though everyone knows that we suck, doesn't prevent us from being the laughing stock of the NBA. The Celtics are as storied/successful a franchise as us, yet they pretty much get a free pass.

They didn't fall as far or as fast. They won a championship, then gradually decayed through age. The Lakers were flirting with a dynasty, lost to the next champs in Dallas, and then blew up the team. That's why the Lakers might get harsher treatment.

And thank god for that. The Celtics' real downfall was holding onto the old guard and trying to make it work with an ancient McHale, Bird, Parish, etc.

Or there's the example of the Lakers in 1986, who after four straight trips to the Finals lost in the Playoffs to the eventual Finals loser, the Houston Rockets. Jerry Buss wanted to trade James Worthy that off-season, and thankfully Jerry West was there to block it, even threatening to walk before he'd trade Worthy.

The "basketball guy" (which the guy in charge of Basketball Ops right now is not) prevailed then, and the Lakers bounced back to win two more championships, including one with Worthy as Finals MVP.

Or there's the example of the San Antonio Spurs, who have stuck with basically the same core and improved the talent around it to stay near the top and even win more championships.

In my opinion, you don't blow up the core of a 3-time Finals team so quickly. As a result, the team has been in freefall for four straight years.
automatic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject:

People are just jealous of LA period. Hot movie stars from around the world, great food, weather, and beaches...people just want to rip it and make themselves feel better if they don't have the guts or ability to relocate.

leor_77 wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
The thing is that...Even though everyone knows that we suck, doesn't prevent us from being the laughing stock of the NBA. The Celtics are as storied/successful a franchise as us, yet they pretty much get a free pass.

because the celtics sucked for about 20 years before becoming contenders from 2008-2011. They are back to doing what they did for the most part in recent history.

Good point, and not trying to go on a tangent, but take the Heat and Spurs, and assume that they sucked. You wouldn't really see that many people rooting against them, and laughing at their misfortune. I guess we really must have pissed people off during our runs...So much so, that other fans would probably root against us, even if we were irrelevant, 20 years from now.
automatic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: I have been stress free for past few seasons

15 wrote:
Hey we suck. I have accepted that fact. Back when we won 67 games in 2009, man every game was stressful bc we had to get home court against Boston (although we didn't play them). That championship season was way more stressful that last season or this season. Just sit back and chill. A loss means nothing this season. We'll be good again in 3-4 years

Great outlook. There's little reason to rip Scott, Kobe, Lin, Boozer, or anyone else just 2 games into the season.

I'm going to sit back and enjoy what I can, which is Kobe still able to dominate in stretches in his last years, Lin coming into his prime, Davis as a rising potential star, Clarkson's development, Hill's rebounding, and whatever else I can.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: