Article: Knicks, Nets, Mavs, Hornets Could Conceivably Be Interested In Kobe; pg 11 - Kobe says he's not going anywhere
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
Who could the Hornets give us for kobe? Stephenson? Mkg? I think I'd only be interested in stephenson but that wouldn't be enough. What could mavs give? Parsons and what else? I can't see kobe approving any of that anyway. Knicks are the only real option and quite frankly, hardaway jr is a very nice piece to rebuild with along with the expirings of ny to command the tank and clear cap, maybe even steal a draft pick from them as well.

Then we could go into the next year with randle, clarkson, Hou pick, suns pick, hardaway jr, kelly, nick young and cap space. Possibly knicks pick too. That would be a sweet rebuilding squad. With all those picks we could even make a big trade.

Doubt it will happen especially with all the spin lakers been putting on the lakers legend culture for this season, with hiring of scott, defending kobes contract taking care of our players, showtime lakers involvement, worthy camp etc.

Hornets: This is just a guess. But it might be something like this.

Gerald Henderson SG $6,000,000
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist SF $5,016,960
Cody Zeller C $4,030,560
Gary Neal SG $3,250,000
Noah Vonleh PF $2,524,200
Plus a future 1st round

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pdgjsps

Oh boy the giant pu pu platter. How long do those garbage contracts last?

Gerald Henderson SG $6,000,000 - 2 years left
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist SF $5,016,960 - 2 years left
Cody Zeller C $4,030,560 - 3 years left
Gary Neal SG $3,250,000 - 1 year
Noah Vonleh PF $2,524,200 - 4 years (rookie contract)
Plus a future 1st round

No way Kobe would even allow the Lakers trading him to Charlotte. Charlotte would have to give up too much, and Charlotte just doesn't have any superstars.

I'm pretty sure that if Kobe was even remotely considering on going to another team, it would be the Knicks, because Carmelo is there, and the path to a ring would be Easier than the West...or at least the path to a playoff spot. And this would pit a possible Kobe/Melo versus Lebron/Love ECF type of situation. Kobe would probably relish the idea of beating a prime Lebron in his twilight years.

But lets not forget Knicks fans hate Kobe. East coast people hate Kobe. Knicks would infuriate their own fan base by making that kind of move I would imagine.

I doubt the Lakers would ever trade Kobe but a

Al Jefferson
Marvin Williams
Kobe
Stephenson
Walker
starting 5 would contend

Only some of those guys would have to come to the Lakers to make salaries work.

Numbers wise..MKG/Vonleh/Zeller/Harriston & Henderson would work
EldenCampbell
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
The big Rushmore greats like Bird, Magic, and Jordan stayed with one team. Kobe is joining them. He doesn't need another ring, he's proven himself, and he's the GOAT in a lot of people's books as it is.

Um, wat.

The Knicks won't be less of a contender trading Stoudemire. This season for the Lakers is already sunk. It is not possible to turn the team around with Kobe's salary on the books. Let Kobe make one last go, get the rid of the salary albatross a year early, and tank for the #1 pick.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Jeggs wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
Who could the Hornets give us for kobe? Stephenson? Mkg? I think I'd only be interested in stephenson but that wouldn't be enough. What could mavs give? Parsons and what else? I can't see kobe approving any of that anyway. Knicks are the only real option and quite frankly, hardaway jr is a very nice piece to rebuild with along with the expirings of ny to command the tank and clear cap, maybe even steal a draft pick from them as well.

Then we could go into the next year with randle, clarkson, Hou pick, suns pick, hardaway jr, kelly, nick young and cap space. Possibly knicks pick too. That would be a sweet rebuilding squad. With all those picks we could even make a big trade.

Doubt it will happen especially with all the spin lakers been putting on the lakers legend culture for this season, with hiring of scott, defending kobes contract taking care of our players, showtime lakers involvement, worthy camp etc.

Hornets: This is just a guess. But it might be something like this.

Gerald Henderson SG $6,000,000
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist SF $5,016,960
Cody Zeller C $4,030,560
Gary Neal SG $3,250,000
Noah Vonleh PF $2,524,200
Plus a future 1st round

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pdgjsps

Oh boy the giant pu pu platter. How long do those garbage contracts last?

Gerald Henderson SG $6,000,000 - 2 years left
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist SF $5,016,960 - 2 years left
Cody Zeller C $4,030,560 - 3 years left
Gary Neal SG $3,250,000 - 1 year
Noah Vonleh PF $2,524,200 - 4 years (rookie contract)
Plus a future 1st round

No way Kobe would even allow the Lakers trading him to Charlotte. Charlotte would have to give up too much, and Charlotte just doesn't have any superstars.

I'm pretty sure that if Kobe was even remotely considering on going to another team, it would be the Knicks, because Carmelo is there, and the path to a ring would be Easier than the West...or at least the path to a playoff spot. And this would pit a possible Kobe/Melo versus Lebron/Love ECF type of situation. Kobe would probably relish the idea of beating a prime Lebron in his twilight years.

But lets not forget Knicks fans hate Kobe. East coast people hate Kobe. Knicks would infuriate their own fan base by making that kind of move I would imagine.

I doubt the Lakers would ever trade Kobe but a

Al Jefferson
Marvin Williams
Kobe
Stephenson
Walker
starting 5 would contend

Only some of those guys would have to come to the Lakers to make salaries work.

Numbers wise..MKG/Vonleh/Zeller/Harriston & Henderson would work

Numberswise yes. Replace Zeller with Walker and it gets interesting. Replace Vonleh with a 2nd #1 and add a #2 and it gets attractive.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
Weird thing is that kobe is supposed to be an attraction, but the longer it takes this team to rebuild with him on the team the less attracted I am to watching the lakers.

Are there really more kobe fans than lakers fans? People rather watch kobe lose and break records than support a young exciting team in full rebuild mode after they fully tank? I dunno the poll on this site about trading kobe says otherwise but of course that's just a small sample size.

Did you see all the debates justifying kobe's contract because of how much money the lakers make from him?

Did you see how much revenue we brought in last year?

Yes, people will watch him regardless of team success.

Yes, but are the kobe fans the majority/winners of the debates? Is the revenue only there because of kobe? Can there be equivalent or better attraction in supporting and cultivating a rebuild while possibly even being better in the process if we play our cards right.

Don't matter kobe is gonna retire here.

And he's going to put people's butts in seats as long as he's here, whether you like it or not. That's the whole point.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject:

I would imagine team tank would love the idea trading to Kobe to the Knicks...

Trading Kobe to NY means we get the #1 pick for sure. The breakdown of the upsides by trading Kobe to NY:

1. Tim hardaway Jr.
2. Amre contract dump means we can sign two max players next summer
3. We get most likely the #1 pick by trading Kobe to NY.
4. We have a decent team going into 2016 FA when Kevin Durant is available
5. 2017 we can resign Kobe "The Return of the Mamba" for a vet min contract in a support role for Kevin durant
6. Don't forget Lebron will be available in 2016.

2016 line up:

Tim Hardaway Jr
Marc Gasol
Julius Randle
Kevin Durant
Ed Davis
2015 #1 lottery pick
Kobe Bryant(add in 2017)
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Jeggs wrote:
I would imagine team tank would love the idea trading to Kobe to the Knicks...

Trading Kobe to NY means we get the #1 pick for sure. The breakdown of the upsides by trading Kobe to NY:

1. Tim hardaway Jr.
2. Amre contract dump means we can sign two max players next summer
3. We get most likely the #1 pick by trading Kobe to NY.
4. We have a decent team going into 2016 FA when Kevin Durant is available
5. 2017 we can resign Kobe "The Return of the Mamba" for a vet min contract in a support role for Kevin durant
6. Don't forget Lebron will be available in 2016.

2016 line up:

Tim Hardaway Jr
Marc Gasol
Julius Randle
Kevin Durant
Ed Davis
2015 #1 lottery pick
Kobe Bryant(add in 2017)

Don't forget Hou pick, and kobe needs to return us more than just hardaway jr and a huge expiring, ny pick too. And I don't want kobe back in 2017. The point is to move on from him.

Not gonna happen though, hopefully kobe and scott will both command our tank unintentionally just by hurting us more than helping while still giving the illusion of lakers lore sensationalism.
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Does Kobe have a no trade clause in his 2 year extension?
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject:

dvdrdiscs wrote:

YES , which is why all this is HILARIOUS!! Kobe dictates EVERYTHING.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
dvdrdiscs wrote:

YES , which is why all this is HILARIOUS!! Kobe dictates EVERYTHING.

Someone just lock this thread, please.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject:

I would never trade Kobe unless I was getting at least two first round picks.
pickleweed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject:

id trade kobe in a hot second for a few draft picks.

its amicable for all involved. he's not winning here, and he's got his cash. we need picks and flexibility. its the quickest way for both parties involved to get back to winning.

BUT i would NOT let him dictate terms. yes he's got to sign off on it, but if the terms arent good for us, then he can rot in the bed he's made here.
dao
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject:

It's going to be sad watching him finish his career getting bashed by the media while playing for the league's laughingstock. LOL at those who think that such a situation is a "proper sendoff" for an all time great player. The proper sendoff would be letting him chase #6 with Phil, Fisher, and Melo.

It makes perfect basketball sense for the Lakers to trade Kobe. Not only would they get a solid young player and likely a draft pick, but they also would virtually guarantee keeping this year's top 5 protected pick. The trade is not Kobe for a couple young assets/late picks. It's Kobe for a top 5 pick, in addition to a couple young assets/late picks. This is a no-brainer basketball wise. But it would hit the Buss family where it matters most, in their pocket book, so the trade will never happen. Kobe is their box office draw, and they'd rather rack up a few more million than accelerate the rebuild by acquiring assets for Kobe. I wish we had a filthy rich owner whose decisions were purely about basketball and not about the money.

Last edited by dao on Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Bulls look like they could use Kobe on that team...
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject:

NastyNas_87 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
What is sad about this entire thread is the widespread acknowledgement that Kobe has taken the Lakers as far as he can and there is no championship at the end of his 2 years here. Pretty sobering to think about it that way. It's as good as it gets with him and downhill from here for him.

I think he wants to retire a Laker, but it wouldn't surprise me if the thought of leaving didn't enter his mind.

I think Kobe's old school. Jerry West - lifelong Laker. Magic Johnson - lifelong Laker. I think it means something to him. And where would he want to go that he wouldn't be seen as riding someone else's coat tails? I'm sure that's why people speculate about NYC because teaming up with Melo would be seen as Kobe getting Melo over the hump rather than the other way around. But in reality, he's not going anywhere for a multitude of reasons beyond the team loyalty thing (size of contract, trade value, Laker cable contract, appearance of tanking, etc.)

Kobe is a competitor above all else. He doesn't play for the Lakers brand. He plays for rings. If you believe for one second Kobe would be fine with staying on the Lakers for the next 2 years while we rot at the bottom of the standings, you've got another thing coming.

Kobe will demand a trade by December if the team is as bad as we think they'll be.

It sounds like maybe you think I'm dissing Kobe or his desire to win. I'm not. I'm being realistic and I think Kobe at 36 is more realistic than you think and has his eyes wide open about the situation he's in. He personally will go out and compete 100% every night and collect his $48 million -- which he more than earned with 19 years of service. But I don't think he's under any illusions at this point about this roster. It's not going anywhere and that's plain as day right now, especially with Randle going down. Don't need to wait until December to figure that out.

He will be frustrated, he will be upset, he'll try to make a difference on the court. But I don't believe he'll demand a trade. He's not a superstar at the apex of his career any longer. Where could he get himself traded to where he could win a ring, where the deal works for both teams and doesn't gut the other teams roster, AND the new team is capable of beating San Antonio, Clips or OKC in the West and/or capable of beating Chicago or Cleveland in the East? THERE IS NO SUCH DEAL. Kobe learned that last time. Kobe's a pretty savvy guy. Kobe permanently hitched his wagon to the Lakers when he took the $48 mil. I'm sure the FO said they would try their best to re-load, the key word being "try." As long as they look like the are trying (signing Boozer, signing Lin), there's not much else for Kobe to object to.

In fact, I predict that instead of acting out about the losing, Kobe will put his energy into mentoring, teaching and coaching the youngsters. There ya go.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
Amare's contract comes off the books next summer, right? At this point, we're not winning anything with Kobe anyway and it's sad to see him kill himself with the current roster - I'd do it, but I doubt the Knicks offer and the FO wouldn't have the guts to pull off that controversial of a move. And I get that Kobe still draws fans to the games, but how's that going to work if we're in the midst of our 2nd straight 20/30-win season?

We were the most profitable team last season w/ kobe playing only 6 games.

They will come regardless: that's how big of a draw is Kobe, especially when his career is coming to a close.

Yep. Kobe is as popular as Jesus was on his "Tack Me Up' tour. Just like folks would turn up for the chance to see Jesus maybe turn water into Sunny Delight, so will folks consistently turn out to watch Kobe do something ungodly on the basketball court. Already in this young season we know that 2nd game against the Rockets will draw a lot of interest from folks just wandering if Kobe can summons the booster jets and flapjack Dwight one last time. You don't know whats coming, just that something amazing is likely in the offing. Take that away and folks will take the kiddies to Family Fun Center for bumper cars as opposed to wasting time fighting traffic to a Lakers game. For that reason alone, Kobe's not going anywhere.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Flight#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject:

As much as I love watching Kobe play in the purple & gold, this needs to happen sooner than later. The Lakers are CLEARLY in the rebuilding phase, but by trading Kobe they would be officially admitting that they are in the rebuilding phase, which may lower the revenue.

But from a basketball standpoint, trading Kobe is the best decision that the Lakers could make this season and will be prophylaxis for future headaches from both parties. The Lakers can guarantee that top 5 pick. Kobe will not willingly tank nor should he. And the last thing you want with this CBA is win just enough games to get out of the top 5 pick range and forfeit it to the Suns. They also get to unload Kobe's contract. Lakers can easily contend in a few years with a developed Randle + someone like Jahlil Okafor + picks from Kobe trade + enough cap space to sign multiple great players.

From Kobe's standpoint, he will not have to "waste" his last 2-3 years. Even if he goes to the Knicks, they will be a top 4 team in the East. I don't see them beating Cleveland or Chicago with just Kobe and Melo. But you give Kobe a chance to at least compete for a title and possibly a story book ending with Kobe helping Melo get a ring and finish his career with Phil and Fisher. Of course, the Lakers can still sign Kobe in 2016 for a discount with a potential contending roster as well.
Jeggs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Flight#24 wrote:
As much as I love watching Kobe play in the purple & gold, this needs to happen sooner than later. The Lakers are CLEARLY in the rebuilding phase, but by trading Kobe they would be officially admitting that they are in the rebuilding phase, which may lower the revenue.

But from a basketball standpoint, trading Kobe is the best decision that the Lakers could make this season and will be prophylaxis for future headaches from both parties. The Lakers can guarantee that top 5 pick. Kobe will not willingly tank nor should he. And the last thing you want with this CBA is win just enough games to get out of the top 5 pick range and forfeit it to the Suns. They also get to unload Kobe's contract. Lakers can easily contend in a few years with a developed Randle + someone like Jahlil Okafor + picks from Kobe trade + enough cap space to sign multiple great players.

From Kobe's standpoint, he will not have to "waste" his last 2-3 years. Even if he goes to the Knicks, they will be a top 4 team in the East. I don't see them beating Cleveland or Chicago with just Kobe and Melo. But you give Kobe a chance to at least compete for a title and possibly a story book ending with Kobe helping Melo get a ring and finish his career with Phil and Fisher. Of course, the Lakers can still sign Kobe in 2016 for a discount with a potential contending roster as well.

That's what I was thinking. By 2016 we could sign Kevin Durant and have Kobe return even just for 1 year to finish his career as a Laker. So you still get the proper legend send off...but you still are able to accumulate all these assets at the same time...top 5 pick...Hardaway Jr...and you got Randle as well.

I guess my mentality was before that legends should stay with one team. But in these times no one cares about that any more. They want the fastest path to win.

It's really no different than what Cleveland did with Lebron. When Lebron left they just accumulated a bunch of assets, and now look at them, they got another super team that is contending. Lakers could do the same thing with Kobe...but to do that they would have to go through a bad season...which may be bad regardless with Kobe. If our record is really bad Kobe is not going to want to finish out a season here. Some people here are predicting 0-9 to start.

And I don't like where this is headed either. Kobe is playing too many minutes already and it's only the 3rd game of the season. Scott is under pressure to win, so he is going to run Kobe to the ground.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Flight#24 wrote:

What a crock. The Lakers will never do this. They wouldn't have given him such a contract if trading him was supposed to be this easy. They aren't going to take PuPu platter trade or commit cap space to players that will limit their future cap flexibility either.
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject:

this FO does not have the balls to trade Kobe.
Flight#24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
Flight#24 wrote:

What a crock. The Lakers will never do this. They wouldn't have given him such a contract if trading him was supposed to be this easy. They aren't going to take PuPu platter trade or commit cap space to players that will limit their future cap flexibility either.

First, the Lakers or Kobe didn't expect Randle to get injured for the whole year nor did they expect to miss out on everyone during the 2014 off season. I'm sure Kobe nor the Lakers expected this roster.

How are they limiting their cap space by trading Kobe for an expiring contract like Amare? If you actually took off your rose colored glasses, you would realize how it would be a "crock" to not trade Kobe. If the Lakers don't trade Kobe, it has nothing to do with basketball and everything to keep revenue up because Kobe sells tickets.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Or it has to do with Kobes no trade clause . Trading Kobe for Amare would be beyond dumb.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Kobe still has it but it must be tough to play for moral victories.....
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject:

I don't think the Knicks can win even with Kobe, kobe might help he Bulls win the championship, but Bulls has nothing to give.
I think Kobe would be smart to just enjoy his last two seasons and score as many as he want

To be honest, in these 4 games , he looked much better than I thought, especially game 3,4 when he started to go to the basket
cccplus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Kobe probably feeling deja vu - the era of playing with Kwame Brown and Smush Parker
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Or it has to do with Kobes no trade clause . Trading Kobe for Amare would be beyond dumb.

Charlotte wouldnt be bad for Kobe and us. I do hope Kobe is traded. I want us to start our rebuild this summer, keep our deaft pick this year and I want to see Kobe win another title.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 7 of 15
Jump to: