The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 179, 180, 181 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject:

What the (bleep) was the point of last season now?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

I cant get think of one at least we got rid of MDA and Kobe got healthy he looks better than any point last year playing in those six games.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Nightwalker wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I cant get think of one at least we got rid of MDA and Kobe got healthy he looks better than any point last year playing in those six games.

I have a feeling you're gonna miss MDA after a few 80 point scoring/no defense slogs. Last season's team was a blast to watch before the point guard injury apocalypse occurred.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Still got a promising, young player in Randle. He will be fine, just gotta wait a year.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Kobe2Dwight12 wrote:
I hope Randle takes this time to work on his upper body strength and get his body right.

Hopefully, he watches what he eats in his downtime.

He needs to improve his shooting - which can be done very easily while he rehabs. He'll be unstoppable with a 15-18 footer and a decent FT%.
Scitlecman
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Man. how much more bad luck can we endure? I'm out of words...I didn't expect much from this team but watching Randle develop was one of them. Love the way he rebounds the ball and takes off. Honestly, if we end up with a bottom 5 record and keep our pick it will make this injury easier to swallow. JMO.

We're paying for all the years of good luck we had. It happens to every dynasty sooner or later. Happened to the Celtics...
shansen008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
rybee wrote:
Quote:
DrRobertKlapper: JULIUS RANDLE.His Fracture will heal with EXTRA Bone called Callus.Tibia will be STRONGER than before break. Plays next season at 100%NOFEAR

Is it just me, or does Dr. Klapper always say that every Laker will always come back stronger than before the break?

Yup. Dude's homer. Last night he said that Randle would be back by 3 to 4 months. Now he says he's done for the season. Which one is it Dr.Klapper?

I remember Klapper saying the same thing after Nash suffered his broken leg. He didn't take into account the nerve ending symptoms.

Well, he wasnt exactly wrong on Kobe. Kobe is looking better each game IMO. Hes getting his rhythm back, and frankly his shot looks better than it did the last year before the achilles. Folks may say he lost a step, but hes still drawing doubles and triples and carrying this team. The dude is just amazing.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Who Takes The Blame wrote:
Quote:
before he went under the knife Wednesday morning, he was visited by James Harden and Trevor Ariza ... who stopped by to check up on the 19-year-old.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/10/29/james-harden-trevor-ariza-julius-randle-hospital-after-brutal-leg-injury/#ixzz3HaA1R2IB

Class right there

Rockets recruiting early. I see.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

This situation sucks but it's not like it was a career-ending injury or anything.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Watching this team play right now at least gives me some comfort about Randle being out this year. The current environment would be terrible for him to grow up in - it's much better for him to watch this abomination from the bench.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject:

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing 7m7 minutes ago

Kobe said he talked to Julius Randle last night and today and will again tonight.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing 7m7 minutes ago

Kobe said he talked to Julius Randle last night and today and will again tonight.

Although its only really been about a month, I think Kobe has already determined that this kid is going to be special and is gonna do everything in his power to help him out.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter 21m21 minutes ago

And James Worthy called Julius at midnight. RT @KevinDing: Kobe said he talked to Julius Randle last night and today and will again tonight.
0 replies 73 retweets 83 favorites
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject:

CP3 and Doc comment on Julius:

Quote:
It’s unfortunate. I’ve been injured and seen a lot of injuries. You could tell he was sort of in shock. For him to be as talented as he is, for your opening game of your NBA career for that to happen, I hate it for him.

- Chris Paul

Quote:
“It honestly broke my heart,” Rivers said. “I hate that, I really do. I think it’s awful. That was bad, and I feel so bad. I have a son in the NBA, and that was my first thought.

“As a rookie, your first game, and the team leaves that night to go on the road and you’re sitting in a hospital room by yourself. Honestly, that really tugged at me.”
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject:

http://www.ocregister.com/lakers/injuries-640277-kobe-own.html
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
It's crazy/sad how Randle's injury "only" being a broken leg, as opposed to an achilles tear, might be the best news we get all season.

So true. I was terrified it was an achilles when I first saw it.
Arbitrary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:26 am    Post subject:

Ja'Crispy
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Did anyone else tear up when he was carted off?

Uhhh....I mean... I didn't.... I'm a manly adult...
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I have a feeling you're gonna miss MDA after a few 80 point scoring/no defense slogs. Last season's team was a blast to watch before the point guard injury apocalypse occurred.

People'd likely be hating D'antoni when you watched everyone lauching threes that have no business launching threes and probably the complaint would be

"career 30% three point shooter... high enough.. SHOOT MORE THREES!!"
"Team shooting 20% from three... that's 60 points! More threes!!!"
"Julius Randle was a post player in college? They'll never expect the threes then!!!"

I'm 99.9% sure that's what the complaint would be if D'antoni was the coach.
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
One outlook people aren't looking at is that it's saying "2014-2015" season... that means he can still return to the playoffs if the Lakers are fortunate to get there... I don't see any report that says he will miss the post-season as well.

I strongly urge you not to take any estimates as gospel at this point. There's a lot that goes into a recovery -- healing, therapy, and mental readiness. It's a very human process. Predicting recovery times can sometimes be like predicting the weather.

It's best for the Lakers to say that he'll be out for the season, and if he comes back early, then it's a pleasant surprise for everybody.

I wish Julius a speedy recovery.

I hate to break this to you but with a fractured tibia there is no way in the world he will be back to face the rigors of playing PRO basketball THIS SEASON!!!

He will likely be in various casts for around 3 months minimally and then he will have to rehab.... after his last cast is removed it will be another 2 months of rehab before he is able to really run on his leg which has a lot to do with muscle atrophy while in a cast and then to get back to a basketball condition add minimally another 6-8 weeks beyond that.... ... basically around 3 months in casts and then 3-4 months of rehab and conditioning....

We are probably talking minimally 6½ to 7 months before he will get back to playing any level of really competitive basketball and that is probably optimistic.... that will take Julius to at the earliest date he can play competitive basketball past this season with a target date no earlier than most likely sometime in May.....

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...

Last edited by LA_Lakers_Rule on Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject:

rybee wrote:
CP3 and Doc comment on Julius:

Quote:
It’s unfortunate. I’ve been injured and seen a lot of injuries. You could tell he was sort of in shock. For him to be as talented as he is, for your opening game of your NBA career for that to happen, I hate it for him.

- Chris Paul

Quote:
“It honestly broke my heart,” Rivers said. “I hate that, I really do. I think it’s awful. That was bad, and I feel so bad. I have a son in the NBA, and that was my first thought.

“As a rookie, your first game, and the team leaves that night to go on the road and you’re sitting in a hospital room by yourself. Honestly, that really tugged at me.”

I was waiting for Doc to say, "as a sign of our compassion to Julius, we will purposely lose our game on Friday, to show our support to the young man.. "
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
We are probably talking minimally 6½ to 7 months before he will get back to playing any level of really competitive basketball and that is probably optimistic.... that will take Julius to at the earliest date he can play competitive basketball past this season with a target date no earlier than most likely sometime in May.....

I don't think we'll see him back this season either, it wouldn't make much sense. It should be noted though that when Worthy had the same injury he was hurt on April 10th and played every game the next season, which was 5 1/2 months later. I'd expect Randle to be ready towards the tail end of the season, but there's no reason to rush him back out there. Let him heal and target the Summer Pro League for his return to action.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:05 am    Post subject:

Does anyone have an update if randle intends to take that screw out of his foot?
cheesysapien
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Kobe Trying to Turn Randle's Injury, Lakers' Struggles into Bonding Experience

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2250382-kobe-trying-to-turn-randles-injury-lakers-struggles-into-bonding-experience
"We have a lot of guys that have been kinda discarded ... Myself with the injury and the age. Jeremy ... a bunch of players who other teams really felt they had no use for. So we have that kind of attitude built into ourselves" -- Kobe Bryant
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject:

this still hurts man
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 179, 180, 181 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 180 of 1536
Jump to: