You swing for a homerun, you hit some, you miss some. Mitch's strategy.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Klay Thompson just agreed to extension with GS Warriors, 4 year deal 70mil. now what Lakers?

Laker had no plan in the first place.

This signing will eliminate any foolishness by fans to talk about getting Klay next summer.

Simply more fans are realizing what I recognized several years ago about our FO.

They are pretty clueless.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Really wanted Klay. Damn it.

Hopefully the Spurs continue their cheap ways and Kawhi hits the market.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:

they have only 33mil in committed salary next yr.

They will give Kawahi max but I want the Lakers to atleast sign him to a parson type deal.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:

They will give Kawahi max but I want the Lakers to atleast sign him to a parson type deal.

Why would Kawhi do that?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Quote:
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 15s16 seconds ago
ESPN sources say Klay Thompson is a done deal with Warriors. Four-year maximum extension just agreed this afternoon

ah the cap space game

Quote:
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo 15s16 seconds ago
Source says Klay Thompson to land a four-year deal paying close to $70 million with Warriors.

same thing happened in 2007 when we were having Yao/Amare as our targets

I didn't realize that Klay was the Lakers target.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:10 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Quote:
ESPN sources say Klay Thompson is a done deal with Warriors. Four-year maximum extension just agreed this afternoon

ah the cap space game

Quote:
Source says Klay Thompson to land a four-year deal paying close to $70 million with Warriors.

Well there you go.

Surprised Kawahi Leonard didnt get Max from Spurs

They are idiots.

Because they will match max offers for him in the summer (although they have time until what time today?) and the seeds of resentment will be planted.

I think 5 pm Pacific.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Klay Thompson just agreed to extension with GS Warriors, 4 year deal 70mil. now what Lakers?

This signing will eliminate any foolishness by fans to talk about getting Klay next summer.

Simply more fans are realizing what I recognized several years ago about our FO.

I guess you think they lucked their way to two titles.

Back in the day I would have said you were the clueless one, but not the kinder, gentler me.

Last edited by venturalakersfan on Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:

Why not give him the max right now?
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Quote:

ah the cap space game

Quote:

I didn't realize that Klay was the Lakers target.

We tried to trade for him, obviously he'd be one of our targets.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Quote:

ah the cap space game

Quote:

Well there you go.

Surprised Kawahi Leonard didnt get Max from Spurs

They are idiots.

Because they will match max offers for him in the summer (although they have time until what time today?) and the seeds of resentment will be planted.

I think 5 pm Pacific.

I could be wrong here but I think SA could give Kawhi a five year extension as their one designated player (the only time a player can be under contract for more than 5 years). But if they wait until next year and give him a five year deal as a free agent, they maintain that five year extension capability for another player while also being able to sign him. Either way, as an RFA, they don't have to fear him getting a better offer.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject:

I didn't think he was a FA target, I am sure the FO anticipated him staying in GS.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Re: Lance, if his attitude was the issue, why not Deng? He signed a 2 year deal at around $10m. Kobe loves Deng.

I think Kobe would love playing with Stephenson. The guy plays hard and competes on both ends of the floor.

We have too many gutless players (i.e. Wesley Johnson) who don't compete at all or nice guys like Bob Sacre who flat out suck.

This isn't the Spring Formal, it really doesn't matter who Kobe "likes" it is about who wants to compete like he does and this roster falls far far short of the mark. You will all believe me when we are 1-9 or 0-10.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

It is becoming increasingly clear to me that our front office and ownership have no idea how to compete under the current CBA.

Honestly, I would be fine with moving Mitch into a different role (firing him is probably uncalled for, but reassigning him isn't) and getting a younger guy in who uses metrics and can build this thing in a completely different environment than our management is used to.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
laker4life wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

It is becoming increasingly clear to me that our front office and ownership have no idea how to compete under the current CBA.

Honestly, I would be fine with moving Mitch into a different role (firing him is probably uncalled for, but reassigning him isn't) and getting a younger guy in who uses metrics and can build this thing in a completely different environment than our management is used to.

Jim: No Melo? Then we'll just get Kevin Love!

*Love traded to the Cavs*

Jim: No Kevin Love huh? Well, we'll just get Klay Thompson!

*Thompson extends with GS*

Jim: Oh yeah? I'll see your Klay Thompson and raise you LaMarcus Aldridge! HA! Go get him for me Mitch.

Mitch: Yes, master.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I didn't think he was a FA target, I am sure the FO anticipated him staying in GS.

oh u know everything about who is the target and who is not?
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
laker4life wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Jim: Oh yeah? I'll see your Klay Thompson and raise you LaMarcus Aldridge! HA! Go get him for me Mitch.

LMA tells them to F off and then go give 15mil contract to J Hill for an yr and wait for another summer.

they suck, have a lotto pick but that pick goes to Suns or magic

great strategy
pickleweed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
laker4life wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

its completely obvious that the new CBA has made it virtually impossible to attain players via free agency like past years. Players have to leave too much on the table. And that was the point. The days of cap space being the saving grace is long gone. You draft, you keep, and you use the draft space on quality depth players that other teams had to let go in order to keep their draft picks.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
laker4life wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

I don't think this post makes Mitch look like the one who doesn't understand how things work...
BMein
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Wait a second...

If he says he didn't think Klay was a target, you jump on him for thinking he knows who the Lakers are or aren't targeting...

But it's perfectly fine for you and all the others on here to assume you know that they were targeting him?

So I guess that begs the question, "oh u know everything about who is the target and who is not?"

Oh, and by the way, he's right. Obviously GS planned on resigning him. Would you think they would hold up a trade for Love because they valued Thompson so much, just so they could let him walk in free agency?

Last edited by BMein on Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject:

BMein wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Wait a second...

If he says he didn't think Klay was a target, you jump on him for thinking he knows who the Lakers are or aren't targeting...

But it's perfectly fine for you and all the others on here to assume you know that they were targeting him?

So I guess that begs themail question, "oh u know everything about who is the target and who is not?"

BMein
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
BMein wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Wait a second...

So I guess that begs themail question, "oh u know everything about who is the target and who is not?"

Not sure what that emoticon means....I'll assume it's, "Yep, you're right...my logic is flawed."
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject:

BMein wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
BMein wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Wait a second...

Not sure what that emoticon means....I'll assume it's, "Yep, you're right...my logic is flawed."

Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Bill Oram ‏@billoram 42s43 seconds ago
A conversation for another day, but the Lakers have LOVE the idea of playing Klay Thompson the day after he gets $70 million.
mastersworddude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Quote:
Bill Oram ‏@billoram 42s43 seconds ago
A conversation for another day, but the Lakers have LOVE the idea of playing Klay Thompson the day after he gets $70 million.

What's that supposed to mean?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
BMein wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
BMein wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Wait a second...

We need one that says "yup, you got me, but imma brazen it out anyway".
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 16 of 17
Jump to: