Gasol the Bull (and the Laker, the Spur, and the Grizzly)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
to be completely fair to Pau... (bleep) him.

lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:49 pm    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Drifts wrote:
to be completely fair to Pau... (bleep) him.

Pau Gasol is nice
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Pau blew like six pretty easy post looks today and two wide open ten footers. If he could have hit the shots, Bulls win easy. He did a great job blocking shots, but the Bulls need offense. I'd blame him for Thompson grabbing every offensive board out there, but Noah and Gibson did no better checking him.

Rose tweaked an ankle and couldn't play the fourth or OT. Fragile.
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Pau blew like six pretty easy post looks today and two wide open ten footers. If he could have hit the shots, Bulls win easy. He did a great job blocking shots, but the Bulls need offense. I'd blame him for Thompson grabbing every offensive board out there, but Noah and Gibson did no better checking him.

The Bulls had offense and a 5 point lead with 46 seconds left in the game, but they blew it. Pau wasn't even on the floor for that. If Snell and Gibson didn't make stupid fouls the Bulls win easily.

Pau Gasol is nice
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:

Paul had an awful turnover in OT. Just threw a ball into the stands (or was it the bench?) and nobody was near that pass.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject:

lakersgirl wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

The Bulls had offense and a 5 point lead with 46 seconds left in the game, but they blew it. Pau wasn't even on the floor for that. If Snell and Gibson didn't make stupid fouls the Bulls win easily.

Why wasn't he on the floor anyway? I don't always pay much attention to the East so I was curious about that.
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
lakersgirl wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Why wasn't he on the floor anyway? I don't always pay much attention to the East so I was curious about that.

So far it seems like Thibs only wants to play Pau in the first and third quarters, he'll play a little bit in the fourth but not much. He was only brought back in the game tonight because Noah still isn't 100%.

Pau Gasol is nice
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:19 am    Post subject:

lakersgirl wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
lakersgirl wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

So far it seems like Thibs only wants to play Pau in the first and third quarters, he'll play a little bit in the fourth but not much. He was only brought back in the game tonight because Noah still isn't 100%.

They coudln't get any offense going at the end of regulation. The couple of baskets made were off Heinrich prayers. And I say prayer because that's one so-called shooter who I actually see do nothing but brick when he shoots.

Pau should have been in the game to at least get some good looks.

Tristan Thomas was Cavs MVP. That guy completely swung the game. I was watching the game and at a point every missed Cavs basket had me saying "that mf'er is going to get it again". Sure enough, he got the ball again.

It's early in the season but Thibs is going to have to be more creative with utilizing Pau/Noah. That is by FAR the best passing big man combo in the league.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:21 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Paul had an awful turnover in OT. Just threw a ball into the stands (or was it the bench?) and nobody was near that pass.

That was a misread. He thought the guy in the corner was going to shift over. I did as well the way the play was developing tbh.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:48 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
lakersgirl wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Gibson's better at this point in their careers, mainly on defense. But I imagine Tom T will evaluate who's doing better on a game to game basis to figure out the actual closers. Gibson did a pretty poor job to end the fourth today, and he had one of the more brain dead fouls to give up an and one that tied the game.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:01 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
lakersgirl wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

It could be that he played 37 minutes.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:04 am    Post subject:

This game was opposite Pau's first. The first game he was sluggish, but at the right spot (and tall), and was hitting them, for a good stat line. This game, the offensive stat line wasn't so good, but Pau actually showed some hustle.
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
@chicagobulls: . (@) paugasol became 3rd player in team history to record at least 20 & 10 in his first game as a Bull, joining Nate Thurmond & Artis Gilmore.

Pau Gasol is nice
Lakers95
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject:

lakersgirl wrote:
Quote:
@chicagobulls: . [ at ] paugasol became 3rd player in team history to record at least 20 & 10 in his first game as a Bull, joining Nate Thurmond & Artis Gilmore.

Awesome.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Artis. Gilmore. He was dope back in the day....
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Pau played well today, but he's still too passive. Three times he had shots in the post that he passed up in favor for trying an ill advised pass. Mitotic actually reminds me of a poor man's young Gasol. He's got some game.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject:

Pau is NOT gonna be on the floor in the 4th quarter. That game vs the Cavs showed that. Noah has a limit on the amount of time he can play, yet Thibs brought him back in for those few mins because Pau was just holding his hands up and sending a prayer that ball ends there!!!! This pissed me off because i really wanted the Cavs to start 0-2!!!!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject:

67ShelbyGT wrote:
FO takes the lion share of the blame... think about it. One decision led to our 3 top players leaving.

D12, Pau, and healthy Kobe. They chose MDA over Phil. They chose Nash over Kobe/Pau/D12. They chose a gimmicky offense over the greatest NBA coach. They chose style over substance.

FO made their bed, now they are deserving of all the pot shots.

Wow, nice s t r e t c h there. Pau left after MDA was gone, so to assume MDA had a factor in that is making stuff up. And Kobe is still a Laker, so again, making stuff up. Dwight was gone no matter who the coach was, I told you that before the Lakers ever traded for him. He wanted no part of being a Laker. But I enjoy good fiction as much as anyone else.

And of course, I could name those who agreed with you before they ever posted. One trick ponies are so easy to read here.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
lakersgirl wrote:
http://www.csnchicago.com/bulls/pau-gasol-‘i-didn’t-pick-cold-i-picked-bulls

Quote:
"I didn't pick the cold. I picked the Bulls, and I picked this team, and I picked this city. The cold just comes with it. To me, that's a secondary thing," he said. "Obviously, if I wanted to live in great weather, I would have stayed in L.A., but that's not my priority. My priority is to be a part of a team that I believe in, that I believe has a true chance to accomplish something special, and that's what I feel here."

The weather is just starting to get (bleep) in Chicago now.

You ain't seen nuthin yet Pau. Enjoy.

Exactly, that wind coming off the lake is almost unbearable. But Pau wanted another chance to win, so he made the best choice for himself. It was time for that relationship to end.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Artis. Gilmore. He was dope back in the day....

Yes, the "A-Train" averaged over 20 points and over 20 rebounds throughout his college days in Jacksonville. He followed that up by being both Rookie of the Year and MVP of the ABA in his rookie year there. Awesome old-school center.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Box score tells me 22/14 in a win yesterday.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
Box score tells me 22/14 in a win yesterday.

Yeah. It was a clunky game but Señor Pau & Taj Gibson played well.
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
@ckamka: Pau Gasol: first #Bulls player with multiple 20pt/10reb games within first 5 games of season since Michael Jordan in 1997

Quote:
@NickFriedell: Pau Gasol in the last 2 nights: 76 minutes, 38 points, 27 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 blocks.

Pau Gasol is nice
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
MILWAUKEE -- Jimmy Butler, the ironman of the Chicago Bulls, admits he might have to give his early season crown away to Pau Gasol.

That proclamation came after Gasol logged another 36 minutes of action in the second night of a back-to-back during Wednesday night's 95-86 victory over the Milwaukee Bucks.

"I'm following his lead now," Butler said. "I think he has more [40-minute] games under his belt than I do right now. He's playing out of his mind right now. Double-double after double-double, passing the ball, rebounding. He's a helluva player for us."

Gasol knew when he signed with the Bulls as a free agent in July that Tom Thibodeau was much more intense than most NBA coaches. But over the first week of the season, the veteran power forward has gotten a crash course on what exactly makes Thibodeau tick. With Joakim Noah having to sit out the past two games because of flu-like symptoms, Gasol has risen to the challenge in a major way. Not only has he proven to be a major force in the middle throughout the first week, he has combined for 38 points, 27 rebounds, three assists and three blocks in 76 minutes over the past two games.

Read the rest here

Pau Gasol is nice
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Good on Pau, but I hope the Bulls get Joachim back soon and can scale back his minutes, or Pau isn't going to be able to keep it up. He isn't the young athlete Thibs is used to dealing with and riding like a maniac, Pau can and will get run into the ground these days. It's no longer 2008-2010 anymore.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 8 of 28
Jump to: