CLIPPERS -at- LAKERS - 10-31-14 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xiaozhugong
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject: Jeremy Lin Full Highlights 2014.10.31 vs Clippers - 17 Pts, 9 Assists

Jeremy Lin Full Highlights 2014.10.31 vs Clippers - 17 Pts, 9 Assists

DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject:

Watching X, I think he's going to get back to his normal self soon. He'll be starting in 2 months.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
ADA32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
I cant help but think that if Randle was playing, we win the game.

Two bad ISO plays by kobe, but I figured scott didnt have a set play for that three.

I was actually hoping for a lin or ellington setup shot, where kobe is the decoy

I was thinking alone the same line. Use Kobe as a decoy, free up Lin or Ellington for a setup. Well, it is what it is. We tried to bring in the W. Anyway next time may be in better shape!
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject:

It was progress, a reason to feel a little optimistic, but we're still 0-3 and probably going to be 0-4 after tonight. One thing is for sure, no one is doing the Lakers any favors and you just get the feeling that all they want to do is gleefully shovel more dirt on the Lakers' grave.

Kobe looked good until the end. Lin impressed me the most though. He has Kobe's confidence, and it made a huge difference in his production. With a little more support, and some honest officiating, we could have won this one.

ESPN announcers were horrid, until the Laker run in the third. Suddenly all the negativity and the below the belt shots turned into effusive praise.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject:

Progress is nice, but when those losses pile up it is going to a demotivator. They have to win one of those games soon. Our tough early season schedule is a killer.
jorkerjork
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject:

Wes Johnson at the minimum seems like a bargain, but he needs to be relegated to playing 10 minutes off the bench.

These will be constants throughout these recaps:

Boozer--"But defensively, we were severely compromised."
Sacre--"Just so sloppy in the execution. "
Johnson--"Wes was just sucking the life from the team with poor shot selection or bonehead plays. "
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Wes and Sacre might be the two worst players in the league. Just infuriating that they both get minutes with us because we have few other options. Like DB, I was jumping for joy when Wes fouled out, and that should never be the case for your own player.

I'm honestly not sure if we looked good today because we are improving, or if the Clippers' defense is so putrid it made us look good. We should get some answers tomorrow in a very tough game.
drk3351
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Hey Lakers fans. Tough loss for you guys last night, but you almost beat a good team. Anyway I made a breakdown video of the game taking a look at plays down the stretch. Let me know what you think and thanks for watching.
THE_TWELFTH
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, I'm not discourage by the 0-4 start. Every team out there will lose more than 4 games this season. I realize 4 games in 5 nights against these caliber of opponents, some with hyped up home openings, would be a lot for any team to handle, let alone an undermanned team with a brand new squad. That said... This team will win a fair share,if not a lot of games this year once they get everyone back. They are truly a tough match up based on these last two games. They were just too worn out to finish them the 4th quarters strong. Some rest and a few more practices together should see them post some impressive wins over the next six games. Especially, if they can compete for 4 quarters instead of 3. They are definitely tough and energetic, if not smooth and polished... and a bit clumsy. But I see the potential for this year to make noise.
It’s staring right at me, I must take advantage.

Juelz Santana - "The Second Coming"
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:39 am    Post subject:

drk3351 wrote:
Hey Lakers fans. Tough loss for you guys last night, but you almost beat a good team. Anyway I made a breakdown video of the game taking a look at plays down the stretch. Let me know what you think and thanks for watching.

Hey Coach Daniel, I've been a subscriber to your videos and I like your work. Completely agree with your points here (other than the Jordan block on Lin which was an obvious foul). You can also repost this vid in the X's and O's thread stickied up top, if you want.

Unfortunately the Lakers have been going under screens on dangers shooters and helping one pass away off of open 3s since preseason started. I've also advocated more high post splits. They've been running it a lot more often as of late but still not as much as they should be doing it even more considering the great matchups that Kobe can get in the post if they switch, and also considering that many of their other sets are inefficient and stagnant.
Lakers Team
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:13 am    Post subject:

Lakers combination of front court lose us the game.

Even if they're Slow they shouldn't be Static.

Static on offence make our shooter take low percentage shoots the whole game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: