Some Non Big Name Players have become good now

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NYCDaHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Some Non Big Name Players have become good now

Recent example is Isiah Thomas from the suns. I seen other members on here the other day act like he wasnt that good. I know most of us are really bias on here towards our lakers but we have to give due respect to other players in the league that are non big name players.

Free agency last summer we had a chance to get him, most said no do not get him smh. List other examples of non big name players who got better.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Some Non Big Name Players have become good now

NYCDaHype wrote:
Recent example is Isiah Thomas from the suns. I seen other members on here the other day act like he wasnt that good. I know most of us are really bias on here towards our lakers but we have to give due respect to other players in the league that are non big name players.

Free agency last summer we had a chance to get him, most said no do not get him smh. List other examples of non big name players who got better.

Does not matter. Our FO is clueless. It is about the superstar. Lebron, Carmelo. Durant. Kobe. Shaq.

Lakers want to show its fans that they are trying to get big name superstar.

Who wants Thomas? Who wants Ariza?
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Some Non Big Name Players have become good now

NYCDaHype wrote:

Does not matter. Our FO is clueless. It is about the superstar. Lebron, Carmelo. Durant. Kobe. Shaq.

Lakers want to show its fans that they are trying to get big name superstar.

Who wants Thomas? Who wants Ariza?
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Isaiah is always motivated playing against the Lakers cause he's a Laker fan. He's loves to play against his favorite team.
NYCDaHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Im all for getting the superstars. We also need to get good role players also. Why is it that the Spurs can recruit good role players etc and we can't??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Christopher C
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Why get a good young player when you can get big name Carlos Boozer?
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:39 am    Post subject:

A few players come to mind.

Brandon Knight is straight ballin' right now in his contract year. He'd be nice to have next year, but he's restricted and probably be re-signed if he continues to play well.

Tony Wroten has been really good in MCW's absence. He filled in for Williams nicely last year as well.

And Tyreke Evans seems to have found his groove back. He played well the second half of last year, and he's carried that over to the early part of this season.

Kiss my Converse.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:26 am    Post subject:

Perry Jones is playing well in Durant's absence too...Reggie Jackson. There are a few key players in OKC that we can pry away in free agency. I'm tired of only going against big name players that will not come here due to the new CBA. I'm sure if we had gone after Ariza, we would have gotten him too.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:21 am    Post subject:

Another Isaiah Thomas thread? He posted good numbers for the Kings, too. He didn't just suddenly become good. I still wouldn't want him, though. I don't have a lot of use for midget point guards. They're fun to watch at times, and they can really kill a team that isn't equipped to defend them (for example, the current Lakers). But they are inconsistent, unreliable, and get exposed on defense. Aaron Brooks, Jameer Nelson, Isaiah Thomas -- peas from the same pod. Toss in Chucky Adkins if you want a Laker.

Would Isaiah Thomas help the current Laker team? Sure. Just about anyone with a pulse would help the current Laker team. Would I want to see the team invest in Isaiah Thomas? No, I'd wait for a real point guard, as opposed to a midget.

I'm not alone in this. IT averaged 20/6 last year for the Kings. The best contract he could get was a bench deal with the Suns. The market doesn't put a lot of value on 5' 9" PGs.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject:

Shabazz Muhammad has been ballin' lately......

Kiss my Converse.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:36 am    Post subject:

NYCDaHype wrote:
Im all for getting the superstars. We also need to get good role players also. Why is it that the Spurs can recruit good role players etc and we can't??

People always using the Spurs as an example when they haven't signed an established FA for years. Most of their players have been draft picks. Leonard was a trade. Green was picked up for the minimum years ago and developed to what he is now. Diaw was picked up for the minimum after being waived a while back. Mills was a minimum deal too. And Belinelli signed for like 2 mil. They haven't done crap with cap space for years but people still use them as an example of signing good role players which they really haven't. They have developed crap palyers into role players but not every team has Pop as their coach.

The prime example of signing role players are Dallas. They struck out on FA after FA but signed Monta to a very good deal, signed Calderon who became Tyson, signed an overpaid Parsons, and now traded for Rondo with guys like Wright and Crowder.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: