SUNS -at- LAKERS - 11-4-14 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject:

Raydiation wrote:
As long as Kobe is doing what he is doing from the last night. LAL will lose a lot more games.

The way he is playing there is nobody who can get into any flow except himself.

I see his effort on everything which is good for him. I see him try to defense hard and he hustle and go after loose ball. I don't challenge his effort but he is over doing it on the offensive end.

Except the first half from Boozer, I don't think other LAL players are playing really that bad.

Think about when somebody made a shot, got some confidence, got a feel of their shot. And Kobe is taking the next 5, 6 shot before that person can even have a chance to touch the ball on the offence. How can anybody get into any flow.

They keep talking about spacing. There can be 4 people standing outside on the 3 pts line wide open but it won't help anything when everybody know what is going to happen is Kobe going to shot a contested jump shot himself. You would see multiple times when Wes or Jeremy open outside but Kobe have absolutely no intention to pass. There will be space when Kobe actually pass it out. Defender need to chase out, people start to rotate, then there will be space in the middle.

You see PHX would made multiple passes on the perimeter to get open shot. Make it or not they are taking good shot.

With the way Kobe is playing, It does give the team many chances to find a good shot.

A lot of people were happy even losing the Clippers game. Because it was a team effort and everybody contribute, Kobe only took about 15 shots and have 5 or 6 assist. People see light for the team. Play the way they play against the Clippers they will win some games.

The way they play last night, even so close at the end. but I think they will lose a lot more game playing the way they are playing.

I'd rather see Kobe shoot and shoot and shoot and let the chips fall where they may than watch a bunch of no names hesitate and bumble their way to a couple more victories and out of a top 5 pic. At least when Kobe does what he did last night, it's beautiful and exciting to watch.
LIN17
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject:

Welp, at least no dead banana this time around. Moral victories - gotta take it when there is nothing else left.
laserboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB. At least this wasn't a blowout. I still have hope for a surprisingly good season. Lots of teams have a bad stretch. We're just doing it at the beginning of the season. And, the good news is that the team is working hard to make some adjustments. Looking forward to Sunday, go Lakers!
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: SUNS -at- LAKERS - 11-4-14 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings

DancingBarry wrote:
0-5 Start… Good news is the Lakers won’t lose too many more games over the next few days. They don’t play until Sunday.

Thanks for putting in the work DB.
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB. The Lakers put in the effort but have a lot of work to do to be more effective on offense as well as defense.

Sunday's game will be important for the Lakers. If they can't win that game what game can they win? Hoping for a Lakers win to stop that narrative.
nshidbaby
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Raydiation wrote:
As long as Kobe is doing what he is doing from the last night. LAL will lose a lot more games.

I see his effort on everything which is good for him. I see him try to defense hard and he hustle and go after loose ball. I don't challenge his effort but he is over doing it on the offensive end.

Except the first half from Boozer, I don't think other LAL players are playing really that bad.

Think about when somebody made a shot, got some confidence, got a feel of their shot. And Kobe is taking the next 5, 6 shot before that person can even have a chance to touch the ball on the offence. How can anybody get into any flow.

They keep talking about spacing. There can be 4 people standing outside on the 3 pts line wide open but it won't help anything when everybody know what is going to happen is Kobe going to shot a contested jump shot himself. You would see multiple times when Wes or Jeremy open outside but Kobe have absolutely no intention to pass. There will be space when Kobe actually pass it out. Defender need to chase out, people start to rotate, then there will be space in the middle.

You see PHX would made multiple passes on the perimeter to get open shot. Make it or not they are taking good shot.

With the way Kobe is playing, It does give the team many chances to find a good shot.

A lot of people were happy even losing the Clippers game. Because it was a team effort and everybody contribute, Kobe only took about 15 shots and have 5 or 6 assist. People see light for the team. Play the way they play against the Clippers they will win some games.

The way they play last night, even so close at the end. but I think they will lose a lot more game playing the way they are playing.

The Lakers are not in a position to wait and see what happens. Right now they need to dig deep and pull out a win.

I personally am not one of those fans who want to wait many seasons, multiple coaching changes, and various player trades for this team to gel. Besides Kobe a lot of the players need to play with more intensity, urgency, and relentlessness. They really need to raise their games to another level.

I agree with Kobe..."we need a damn win"...even if that means Kobe attempting 50 shots. I'm all for it.

Go Lakers!
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject:

How many other players besides the Black Mamba that are consistently playing RELENTLESS consistently - no one

JLin is trying hard but learning what it takes to win in the glare of Lakerland

Hill is starting to show consistency but not there yet

Davis has the potential and heart, but need little more game and consistency

Price has potential but has to learn to be effective on both sides of the court. If he is not going to shoot, he needs to set screens/picks and keep moving towards the basket

Maybe when Swaggy, X and RKelly get more run, the efforts will be more effective.

The silver lining is that BScott has extended looks at players that will soon be at the end of the bench or D League
hopandskip
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Raydiation wrote:

'Hey, Wilt - I'm open!'…

Kobe should consider throwing it to the open guy behind the arc, instead of trying to bust through a double team and take a tough shot - obviously… I think he'll take a look at this game and realize he needs to get everyone involved.

re: Boozer - I think the guy needs some plays run for him at the very beginning of each game - PnRs, PnPs, Iso's - whatever works. He's got to be effective offensively to justify having him out there at all.
KLS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject:

"Kobe said after the game that they need to figure out some things to help Jeremy attack easier. Our two man D down the stretch needs to improve. “They went to some high pick and roll stuff and we weren’t able to get stops we wanted.”

If Kobe wants to help Jeremy attack easier, he should push Scott to make Hill & Davis to do more of what he said about Phoenix's high pick & roll which Lakers were not able to stop (as in above quote). Simple as that. For Lin to attack, the bigs have to come out to set pick/screen. If Hill & Boozer are too lazy to do that or if they are inefficient in the roll, then let Davis do it and bench Boozer. The fans have been saying it all along that Davis & Lin can play good p&r. Why didn't Scott put emphasis on that and why Kobe not pushing for that? You can talk Lin attacking more, but you have to give him the tools and spacing to do that. The other attacking pgs of the league are getting help from their bigs non-stop all game, and yet the Lakers are not doing anything to push their bigs to do so while they keep on emphasizing the guards need to attack. It will only help Kobe's game if the guards can attack and create score easier than him having to take 37 shots a game to remain competitive. He will wear out in no time if he keeps on.
meows a lot
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject:

KLS wrote:
"Kobe said after the game that they need to figure out some things to help Jeremy attack easier. Our two man D down the stretch needs to improve. “They went to some high pick and roll stuff and we weren’t able to get stops we wanted.”

If Kobe wants to help Jeremy attack easier, he should push Scott to make Hill & Davis to do more of what he said about Phoenix's high pick & roll which Lakers were not able to stop (as in above quote). Simple as that. For Lin to attack, the bigs have to come out to set pick/screen. If Hill & Boozer are too lazy to do that or if they are inefficient in the roll, then let Davis do it and bench Boozer. The fans have been saying it all along that Davis & Lin can play good p&r. Why didn't Scott put emphasis on that and why Kobe not pushing for that? You can talk Lin attacking more, but you have to give him the tools and spacing to do that. The other attacking pgs of the league are getting help from their bigs non-stop all game, and yet the Lakers are not doing anything to push their bigs to do so while they keep on emphasizing the guards need to attack. It will only help Kobe's game if the guards can attack and create score easier than him having to take 37 shots a game to remain competitive. He will wear out in no time if he keeps on.

On that note, Jhill and boozer don't set great screens . When it happens the defender easily stay on Lin forcing Lin to reset or put into a bad spot.
what's the same instead of
always looking at what's different,

...well, who knows?”

- Meowth
EddieJonesss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Much appreciated as always DB.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject:

meows a lot wrote:
KLS wrote:

On that note, Jhill and boozer don't set great screens . When it happens the defender easily stay on Lin forcing Lin to reset or put into a bad spot.
Agree about Boozer and Hill

Since Boozer seems to be more effective at the top of the key, it is imperative that he learns how to set solid screens to free JLin and to make opposing guards like Isiah Thomas have to work hard and be bumped on D
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Glad I'm not a betting man.

Anyway, happy with Kobe and hills play. Dissapointed with boozer and specially lin. I really thought his decision making and scoring would be better. Maybe when young is back he'll look better. Also dissapointed that the FO couldn't manage to find a decent 3 to play with the first team. There's a reason why MDA played Wes very little in the last half of last season.
Lakers Team
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: SUNS -at- LAKERS - 11-4-14 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings

Lakersneuron wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
0-5 Start… Good news is the Lakers won’t lose too many more games over the next few days. They don’t play until Sunday.

Thanks for putting in the work DB.

Thanks DB! Closer game today.

Just my two cents

I like really like KOBE, Hill and Lin offensive game today

(1) Hill is very talented 4, he did two things better compare last game. Offensive rebounds can win a team game, and Hill 15 rebounds today was one reason we had close game. He also played more on right/left base lines instead of top key jumpers to avoid opponent transition game. I think Hill can develop into very interesting player this year especially since Princeton system very depend on their Bigs to score 2s inside down the post.

(2) KOBE still a HOF at 36 WOW, unfortunately He doesn't have true Centre now like his early days. Little things without true Centre in this current Lakers, Kobe maybe should trust his shooters a little more today Lin (50%), Boozer (46%), Ellington (43%) and Hill (40%). If Kobe can average 4/5 assist with +- 33 points per game we might see more win this season.

(3) Lin at one time today he scores 15 points in 19 minutes that's (1 points every 1.26 minutes) that was an aggressive play, even at the 4Q he score 6 points in 5 minutes that's (1 points every 0.83 minutes) and being aggressive and 50% FG were the reason Lin regularly was fouled by the Phoenix.

Today Lin plays (8 FGA and 10 Free throw at 27 minutes). Anyone has any idea exactly how many FGA is good for Lin (10-15/? FGA at +- 32 minutes)

Hopefully more Byron Scott focus on DEFENSE, defense, defense in these 5 days off. We really don't have rim protector Isaiah Thomas practically got what he wants PNR play and fast break.

Being positive 1-5 for the Lakers and KOBE next Sunday!
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject: Re: SUNS -at- LAKERS - 11-4-14 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings

Lakers Team wrote:

Hopefully more Byron Scott focus on DEFENSE, defense, defense in these 5 days off. We really don't have rim protector Isaiah Thomas practically got what he wants PNR play and fast break.

Got to get it done on the defensive end and cut out on bonehead plays that lead to easy scores in transition. No 60-point halves, please.
angus
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
meows a lot wrote:
KLS wrote:

Since Boozer seems to be more effective at the top of the key, it is imperative that he learns how to set solid screens to free JLin and to make opposing guards like Isiah Thomas have to work hard and be bumped on D

All this is the truth, but Kobe and Scott and man commentators (e.g. Worthy) keep saying the problem is Lin's aggressivness, I guess wanting him to go Kobe-iso style since he won't be getting any good passes or screens or plays designed for himself with this crew unless they wake up a bit.
seanz8
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Great analysis! Hope Lakers get a win soon.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject:

angus wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
meows a lot wrote:
KLS wrote:

All this is the truth, but Kobe and Scott and man commentators (e.g. Worthy) keep saying the problem is Lin's aggressivness, I guess wanting him to go Kobe-iso style since he won't be getting any good passes or screens or plays designed for himself with this crew unless they wake up a bit.
Aggresive does not mean doing ISOs, it does mean being "relentless" in penetrating the teeth of the defense and being a leader on the court. It does mean not watching Kobe going one-on-one. It does mean don't be afraid to take your open shots and imposing your will on defense
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: