Fan who needed CPR during Trail Blazers/Mavericks game Thursday dies

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Fan who needed CPR during Trail Blazers/Mavericks game Thursday dies

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/07/fan-who-needed-cpr-during-trail-blazersmavericks-game-thursday-dies/

Quote:
Fan who needed CPR during Trail Blazers/Mavericks game Thursday dies

It was a somber moment in what had become a blowout of a game Thursday night. During the fourth quarter Thursday at the Moda Center, a woman in the lower bowl of the Portland arena collapsed and required CPR before she was rushed off the hospital on a stretcher. The game was paused for a bit and between a couple commercial breaks TNT showed the faces of concerned players looking on. Eventually the game resumed (Portland beat Dallas).

That woman has passed away at the hospital, reports Peter Socotch CSNNW.com.

The Medical Examiner’s Office indicated that the woman was 67 years of age, but her name was not immediately available. The case of a death was reported to the medical examiner’s office because the woman died less than 24 hours after entering the hospital.

The incident occurred during a timeout in the fourth quarter when witnesses say the fan’s body became “limp.” Many people in the arena stood up and began looking over toward section 111 across from the visitor’s bench. Soon, the Moda Center became quiet, leaving players, coaches and fans hanging in the balance. Within approximately two minutes paramedics and a stretcher were on the scene. The woman was administered CPR before being placed on a stretcher and then wheeled across the court in front of the Mavericks players and out of the arena while paramedics continued CPR.

Our thoughts go out to the family of the woman.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Sad to hear. Saw that on TV and was wondering what was going on. The players looks said it all I guess.
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Wow, I saw this last night and was confused about what was going on. May she rest in peace.

Pau Gasol is nice
onepinoyboy8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject:

concerns me that it took 2 minutes before she was able to receive CPR. Thats why i feel everyone should be CPR certified
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject:

onepinoyboy8 wrote:
concerns me that it took 2 minutes before she was able to receive CPR. Thats why i feel everyone should be CPR certified

Agreed.

Super sad. I was concerned when I was watching the game and I saw how concerned everyone (fans, coaches, players...) was while it was happening.

May she RIP
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: