Derrick Rose comments Derrick Rose: 'Just being myself'

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Derrick Rose comments Derrick Rose: 'Just being myself'

Derrick Rose: 'Just being myself'

LINK

He only seems to be voicing reality. What's wrong with that?

He's looking at life after the game. It doesn't mean he isn't committed to the game. If he goes on the court half stepping I would say he wasn't committed. If he doesn't go Derrick Rose full throttle I will be surprised.

Some are saying he should be thankful for having the ability,should be grateful, huh? That's a crock.

I think his comments were taken out of context because he didn't come back right away last season.

I think I know what he meant. It sounded to me as though he's going to do as Marv Albert said, be like a heavy weight fighter, pace himself too go the whole 15 rounds.

I also think he could have worded it differently.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Nancy12
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:20 am    Post subject:

In my opinion, because fan don't satisfy with his return, they became a little disappointed. Moreover, their expectation for him is too high, they want a Derrick Rose, who played extremely explosively and highlighted on the court. But it was just him before injury. You know, leaving NBA and basketball for almost 3 seasons due to injury is not easy to regain skills that he used to have. Btw, he has done his best and I appreciate it.

Last edited by Nancy12 on Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
vedanta
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:09 am    Post subject:

I think there is nothing wrong with keeping an eye on your life after basketball, but not if you plan to keep playing and collecting huge checks.

If you´re worried about your health after retirement, then retire now. If you´re going to collect loads of dollars to play a 5 % or the games , including in that 95 % those where you could perfectly play but you won´t because you are afraid of short-term or long-term injuries, then you´re being a disgrace to your franchise.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject:

Seems to me that Rose doesn't aspire to win a championship anymore. He seemed to be content with collecting checks while preparing his life after basketball (even though he is already set for life with the amount of $$ he has already garnered by playing this basketball game). His inner fire to be great has been put out by the series injuries he has suffered. It just makes me appreciate Kobe even more... with all of the championships, $$$ and accolades Kobe is still hungry to be great even in a D-league roster he plays in now. I'm going to miss him when he hangs it up.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
Seems to me that Rose doesn't aspire to win a championship anymore. He seemed to be content with collecting checks while preparing his life after basketball (even though he is already set for life with the amount of $$ he has already garnered by playing this basketball game). His inner fire to be great has been put out by the series injuries he has suffered. It just makes me appreciate Kobe even more... with all of the championships, $$$ and accolades Kobe is still hungry to be great even in a D-league roster he plays in now. I'm going to miss him when he hangs it up.

He's probably just saving himself for the playoffs....
I do think he is being tentative so he doesn't re-injure himself. His style of basketball is conducive to injuries. He has to change his style, which I think will make him less effective. For all the crap that some of the Lakers fans give him this year, Kobe is basically willing to leave it all on the floor, even after a career threatening injury, so there is a huge difference between the mentality of those two players.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: