Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject:

Charisma wrote:
Charisma wrote:
Mark Medina: "I told Carlos Boozer that Byron faulted Lakers effort, particularly on bigs. Carlos:"It's not just the bigs."... "From the coaching staff to players, we all have to do a better job."

Shots fired

More shots fired :

Mark Medina ‏@MarkG_Medina ยท 4 minutes ago

Carlos Boozer:"A lot of times we run a set. But Kobe is extremely aggressive. We try to get it off the glass. But we have to find a balance"

As DB said in his recap, Boozer had 13 shots in 21 minutes, and made 3 while playing horrible defense - so he should can it.

Last edited by fiendishoc on Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject:

madddogg wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Charisma wrote:
People cr _at_ pping on Lin should realize he was doing what a non-first-option point guard should do. He was getting everyone involved and set up many good looks. It's unfortunate that those shots didn't fall, but in the long run those were the right play. Lin and Kobe are the only players on our team that can create for others. If Lin doesn't make plays, no one not named Kobe will score, and Kobe can't score 130 by himself.

Consider these first dozen of games as an extended training camp. A painful learning curve.

You can't expect Lin to play like Rose, Westbrook, Lowry who are pretty much the first options of their teams.

Have you seen the lineup of our team? Its garbage....nobody is afraid of Wes Johnson, Carlos Boozer, Jordan Hill....
Those guys aren't afraid to shoot the ball and the other team doesn't mind if they do.
The only chance they have of winning is if he gets going as the 2nd option.

The problem is that lin is a facilitator and not a primary or secondary option. He can't really create his own shot unless its a pick and roll, but our big men only pick and pop. We do need a second scoring option, may need to trade hill for a scoring three.

Actually he can. He has some problems due to his handling against tough defenders, but against regular defenders he can. He's just not. In Houston they didn't play PnR much and he found ways to create shots for his team mates and himself. However, of course any PG getting solid picks from bigs will perform better.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject:

JuanCesta wrote:
Lin is done in LA. He didn't have the standing or the stats to call Kobe out. Now he will on Kobe's S list.

I expect Lin will get benched for the next game and be backup from here on out. If he's lucky he'll get traded at the deadline.

Lin's career as a Laker is all but over. He should have just kept his mouth shut and padded his stats while Kobe Ate.

The guy just never had any political Davy for pro ball. I guess it was from being overly sheltered. Sad

I think your career as a poster may be done soon here. Cool it guy. Friendly advice.
Spill512
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject:

The good thing about this is next year we'll have two young talents added to the lineup with Randle coming back and drafting Okafor. Officially checked out of the season.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject:

JuanCesta wrote:
jlinfan wrote:
autoprt wrote:
game has no flow, scott's d was supposed to make easy fast break points, not happening and there is no offensive flow, no real inside game, no real outside game and it's basically come down kobe shoots, no rebounds and on to the other side of the court.

Post game interview Lin said top 3 problems; communication, trust and effort.

Looks like team has bigger problems than coaching.

Just saw Lin's post game interview. This is stupid of him. You aren't going to get over on Kobe Bryant on the F'ing La Lakers brah. He's going to chuck. He chucked with Shaq, he chucked with Pau and you better believe he's gonna chuck with Jeremy F'in Lin.

Kobe told him to come Chuck with him. Invited him even. Kobe isn't going to lower himself in his eyes to his teammates. If his teammates want theirs then they have to get theirs while Kobe gets his. Kobe is gonna eat regardless.j

He didn't change for Shaq or Pau and he won't change for you. So shoot the F'in ball!!!!!!

Don't believe the hype! Kobe changed his game a lot for Shaq, Kobe lead his team in assists and spoon fed Shaq a lot despite not being a point guard, don't get it twisted watching this present day Kobe, Kobe was a whole lot better than and made the right play most of the time under Phil Jackson. He is playing like a low IQ chucker right now but this is not the Kobe we all fell in love with in his prime.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Spill512 wrote:
The good thing about this is next year we'll have two young talents added to the lineup with Randle coming back and drafting Okafor. Officially checked out of the season.

Yes, but they will have to stick with the "plan" of sucking for the next 72 games.....with the way the first 10 games have gone it shouldn't be too hard, although they are starting to play some eastern conference teams which will yield some "wins"....
JuanCesta
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
JuanCesta wrote:
Lin is done in LA. He didn't have the standing or the stats to call Kobe out. Now he will on Kobe's S list.

I expect Lin will get benched for the next game and be backup from here on out. If he's lucky he'll get traded at the deadline.

Lin's career as a Laker is all but over. He should have just kept his mouth shut and padded his stats while Kobe Ate.

The guy just never had any political Davy for pro ball. I guess it was from being overly sheltered. Sad

I think your career as a poster may be done soon here. Cool it guy. Friendly advice.

I've said nothing wrong. I'm actually a big fan of Lin's and defend him when people are unreasonable in bashing him. But tonight was terrible. And his post game interview was unwise considering Kobe's personality and clout.

Let's see if I'm wrong and Lin is not benched Tuesday.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
JuanCesta wrote:
jlinfan wrote:
autoprt wrote:
game has no flow, scott's d was supposed to make easy fast break points, not happening and there is no offensive flow, no real inside game, no real outside game and it's basically come down kobe shoots, no rebounds and on to the other side of the court.

Just saw Lin's post game interview. This is stupid of him. You aren't going to get over on Kobe Bryant on the F'ing La Lakers brah. He's going to chuck. He chucked with Shaq, he chucked with Pau and you better believe he's gonna chuck with Jeremy F'in Lin.

Kobe told him to come Chuck with him. Invited him even. Kobe isn't going to lower himself in his eyes to his teammates. If his teammates want theirs then they have to get theirs while Kobe gets his. Kobe is gonna eat regardless.j

He didn't change for Shaq or Pau and he won't change for you. So shoot the F'in ball!!!!!!

Don't believe the hype! Kobe changed his game a lot for Shaq, Kobe lead his team in assists and spoon fed Shaq a lot despite not being a point guard, don't get it twisted watching this present day Kobe, Kobe was a whole lot better than and made the right play most of the time under Phil Jackson. He is playing like a low IQ chucker right now but this is not the Kobe we all fell in love with in his prime.

I followed Kobe whole career when he has total garbage around him like 2005-2007 during his prime he shoots a lot like today, and will continue to this whole season more than likely.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Nightwalker wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
JuanCesta wrote:
jlinfan wrote:
autoprt wrote:

I followed Kobe whole career when he has total garbage around him like 2005-2007 during his prime he shoots a lot like today, and will continue to this whole season more than likely.

I disagree, he facilitated a lot too. I'm truly perplexed by the way he is playing right now Kobe usually avgs 5 apg even with crap around him. Right now he is only avg 3 and taking the 2nd most shots he's ever taken since he has been in the league, no this is not the Kobe of those years.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Last edited by Andre2K on Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Nightwalker wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
JuanCesta wrote:
jlinfan wrote:
autoprt wrote:

This game was a disaster. Kobe was a volume shooter like GS wanted. His percentage wasn't horrible 15-34 but the game needed to unfold a different way for the team to be competitive. They weren't, it was a very bad loss. Kobe had a bounce-back game, but, he played into GS hands and did exactly what they wanted him to do. And of course nothing from Lin tonight means no LA win and Boozer wasn't very good either.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
JuanCesta wrote:
jlinfan wrote:
autoprt wrote:

I disagree, he facilitated a lot too. I'm truly perplexed by the way he is playing right now Kobe usually avgs 5 apg even with crap around him. Right now he is only avg 3 and taking the most shots he's ever taken since he has been in the league, no this is not the Kobe of those years.

The only difference is that was prime Kobe and this isn't his teammates back then were pretty damn bad man...
youcantguardme
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:23 am    Post subject:

Lin is quickly turning into Smush Parker.
JuanCesta
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:31 am    Post subject:

Here is how A real PG with a pair would handle boozer and Hill.

Lin calls for a pick and they don't set it then Lin takes a jump shot. They don't touch the ball unless it's an offensive rebound I they don't pick and move.

Lin calls for a pick they don't set it then Lin drive and shoots or takes a jump shot,

Lin calls for a pick they don't set it or move Lin passes to Kobe who will always Take a jumpshot.

Do this for a quarter and Hill and Boozer will start setting picks and move.

Lin is the point guard. He touches the ball first. No one gets a touch unless Lin gives it to them. Lin just has to be man enough to do this and not back down. I garuntee you Hill and Boozer will start passing and setting picks.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:20 am    Post subject:

JuanCesta wrote:

Lin calls for a pick and they don't set it then Lin takes a jump shot. They don't touch the ball unless it's an offensive rebound I they don't pick and move.

Lin calls for a pick they don't set it then Lin drive and shoots or takes a jump shot,

Lin calls for a pick they don't set it or move Lin passes to Kobe who will always Take a jumpshot.

Lin is the point guard. He touches the ball first. No one gets a touch unless Lin gives it to them. Lin just has to be man enough to do this and not back down. I garuntee you Hill and Boozer will start passing and setting picks.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:04 am    Post subject:

JuanCesta wrote:

Or don't pass to anyone, just shoot! He can't get worse than 1-14
NickF
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject:

Lakers finally outscored Warriors in 4th when Kobe sat down.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Charisma wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Charisma wrote:
People cr [AT] pping on Lin should realize he was doing what a non-first-option point guard should do. He was getting everyone involved and set up many good looks. It's unfortunate that those shots didn't fall, but in the long run those were the right play. Lin and Kobe are the only players on our team that can create for others. If Lin doesn't make plays, no one not named Kobe will score, and Kobe can't score 130 by himself.

Consider these first dozen of games as an extended training camp. A painful learning curve.

You can't expect Lin to play like Rose, Westbrook, Lowry who are pretty much the first options of their teams.

Have you seen the lineup of our team? Its garbage....nobody is afraid of Wes Johnson, Carlos Boozer, Jordan Hill....
Those guys aren't afraid to shoot the ball and the other team doesn't mind if they do.

I agree with you on that. But as a point guard you have to make everyone happy. If you stop involving your teammates in the O they will not try hard on the D. Lin has been too unselfish and that has been hurting his career for years and counting. People who don't watch the games will just look at his points total and say xxx is a better player, xxx is a better PG. I doubt he will change as he always says he wants to play basketball the right way a la Nash. As a Lin fan it's painful to watch him not trying to score go for 6/18 but he's really stubborn on that.

Lin had open looks for 3's a number of times only for Kobe to take a contested fallaway 2. That is not going to win ANY games. The spacing just isn't there. Lin is a good passer but he needs someone open or moving otherwise its just a blocked shot or TO trying to thread a pass. The O system sucks as does the D that doesn't creat any transition opportunities.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject:

fafan wrote:
JuanCesta wrote:

There is no round the horn passing on the Lakers as I see with other teams. What exactly is BSs system? Also when Lin drop the ball off to Kobe he never gets it back no matter how open he is. BS where are you?
PPP
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject:

JuanCesta wrote:

Unkess lin is the only one calling plays. Are we playing street ball here?
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject:

catman2u wrote:
fafan wrote:
JuanCesta wrote:

There is no round the horn passing on the Lakers as I see with other teams. What exactly is BSs system? Also when Lin drop the ball off to Kobe he never gets it back no matter how open he is. BS where are you?

Sorry, there are a few times (maybe 3%) which Kobe passed back to Lin.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
bws94 wrote:
So Lin's low shot attempts is a protest?

Lakers PG, both starting and backup 0-3, 0 points, 5 assists.

Kind of dumb to protest in a contract year.......
He's only hurting himself with stats like tonight.

In order for a PG to get some assists he needs to hit players cutting to around the basket. If Hill and Boozer are just going to set up shop for low percentage mid range jumpers it is hopeless.
catman2u
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
madddogg wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Charisma wrote:
People cr -at- pping on Lin should realize he was doing what a non-first-option point guard should do. He was getting everyone involved and set up many good looks. It's unfortunate that those shots didn't fall, but in the long run those were the right play. Lin and Kobe are the only players on our team that can create for others. If Lin doesn't make plays, no one not named Kobe will score, and Kobe can't score 130 by himself.

The problem is that lin is a facilitator and not a primary or secondary option. He can't really create his own shot unless its a pick and roll, but our big men only pick and pop. We do need a second scoring option, may need to trade hill for a scoring three.

Actually he can. He has some problems due to his handling against tough defenders, but against regular defenders he can. He's just not. In Houston they didn't play PnR much and he found ways to create shots for his team mates and himself. However, of course any PG getting solid picks from bigs will perform better.

Yes he can. I've seen hit against the likes of Tony Parker for one. There has to be a lane open. If he gets around the opposing player and meets a wallk of bigs, forget it. He's not Kobe that will take AND SOMETIMES, not nearly often enough, make a long range fallaway jumper. Its a team game.
a_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone know the name of the reporter standing to Kobe's right in the postgame interview? She's (bleep) hot..
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject:

a_c wrote:
Does anyone know the name of the reporter standing to Kobe's right in the postgame interview? She's (bleep) hot..

I'm guessing you're talking about Serena Winters from recalling the interview: https://twitter.com/serenawinters

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject:

I really freaking hate wes johnson.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61
Page 61 of 61
Jump to: