Gal Mekel? come on down
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject:

"Sauces" say.....
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
guys we can cut are X, Wes & Sacre

all scrubs: go with Q Miller, PG and Tyrus thomas

So replace scrub with scrub? As coach Wooden said, don't confuse activity with accomplishment.

Perhaps the FO has adopted a philosophy similar to Continual Improvement Process with constant attempts to improve.

Quote:

A continual improvement process, also often called a continuous improvement process (abbreviated as CIP or CI), is an ongoing effort to improve products, services, or processes. These efforts can seek "incremental" improvement over time or "breakthrough" improvement all at once. Delivery (customer valued) processes are constantly evaluated and improved in the light of their efficiency, effectiveness and flexibility.

So many players on the roster are in either a Casting Call situation or just Filler. If the FO has determined a player has no long term future with the team and they would like to audition someone else, then maybe they should experiment.

It is possible that they would replace a scrub with a scrub and have accomplished nothing, but the other path is to keep the roster relatively intact and thus keep a player or players that they had determined to be a scrub.

Since the FO would likely want to retain draft picks as much as possible, it makes it more difficult to attain a huge breakthough improvement of the roster in just one Summer.
mporter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject:

No problem with the lakers looking at a few prospects.

NFL teams routinely bring in guys for tryouts on Mondays. If they look good, they get their shot. They call it churning the bottom of the roster.

We are in severe need of talent, so I don't blame Mitch for looking for a few diamonds in the rough.
AVoiceInTheCrowd
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject:

I actually like Price as a back-up, except he has one glaring weakness. He can't shoot worth (bleep). He is shooting 26% and 14% and hasn't hit a fg in the last 3 games ( 65 mins of play).

From the little I could find on Gal, he doesn't seem to be a good outside shooter which is something I think the Lakers need from their back-up pg. 35% and 25% in limited minutes last year.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject:

i would cut:
RONNIE PRICE
XAVIER HENRY
WAYNE ELLINGTON

and sign:
TYRUS THOMAS
GAL MIKEL
QUINCY MILLER

Lin / Clarkson / Mikel
Bryant / Swaggy
Miller / Johnson
Boozer / Thomas / Kelley
Hill / Davis / Sacre
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject:

I would love to get TT only because that means Sacre will get 0 minutes or he gets cut/traded...... it seems like with all these FA players coming to work out this week... it seems like they don't mind cutting multiple players to fill more holes.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject:

[quote="K0BEE 2.0"]
Quote:
Quote:
NBA free agent small-forward Jordan Hamilton to audition for the Los Angeles Lakers tomorrow, I'm told.

LINK

Bringing in Hamilton hopefully means Wes is gonna get traded or benched for the rest of the season...

Maybe bringing in a hometown guy like Jordan Hamilton will motivate him and play better than Wes.
Iversondalivest1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject:

How's his D? I rather let Clarkson get more minutes. Sure JC might get smoked but he'll gain the experience and learn a trick or two. Plus the effort is there to begin with.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject:

If Lakers want to get another PG, then sign Will Bynum, Peyton Siva or maybe Delonte West.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: