Feels good to have another triple-threat wing player that's confident and talented enough to get his while playing with Kobe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

What was the difference? Was he good enough to lift the team to the playoffs?

The criticism against Young throughout his career was he's a gunner interested in stats. He can get his points but that hasn't helped his teams win many games. So he'll get his points on this team. But the question is whether he helps them into the playoffs. Probably no.

We won't make the playoffs because the West is loaded but this team NEEDS a guy with the "gunner" mentality. Talented enough to be aggressive offensively and not deferring to Kobe everytime
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Kobe2Clark wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

The criticism against Young throughout his career was he's a gunner interested in stats. He can get his points but that hasn't helped his teams win many games. So he'll get his points on this team. But the question is whether he helps them into the playoffs. Probably no.

We won't make the playoffs because the West is loaded but this team NEEDS a guy with the "gunner" mentality. Talented enough to be aggressive offensively and not deferring to Kobe everytime
. I don't disagree with that. But given our said state what is the point? Again, he is good enough to keep us stuck in mediocrity but not good enough to take us in the playoffs. If that is something that floats your boat so be it.
Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I don't disagree with that. But given our said state what is the point? Again, he is good enough to keep us stuck in mediocrity but not good enough to take us in the playoffs. If that is something that floats your boat so be it.

I don't believe in tanking and it'd be sad to see Kobe end his career on a team that's not competitive. Even if we don't make the playoffs, I want to see good games
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Kobe2Clark wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

. I don't disagree with that. But given our said state what is the point? Again, he is good enough to keep us stuck in mediocrity but not good enough to take us in the playoffs. If that is something that floats your boat so be it.

5 mil, what a bargain, if nothing more than entertainment value and a few wins, the average fan will appreciate Swaggy. Hopefully for more than a few wins. I will not overestimate or hopefully also not underestimate what Nick will bring. The reality this team is going to struggle for every win.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Kobe2Clark wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I don't disagree with that. But given our said state what is the point? Again, he is good enough to keep us stuck in mediocrity but not good enough to take us in the playoffs. If that is something that floats your boat so be it.

I don't believe in tanking and it'd be sad to see Kobe end his career on a team that's not competitive. Even if we don't make the playoffs, I want to see good games

Well the FO disagrees it seems. They got a bunch of placeholders this year.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: