Pau Gasol video tribute
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:39 am    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
Anything less than a standing ovation from the crowd during his return game and I'll be disappointed in them. The dude deserves it, and I really wish he had been able to retire a Laker. I'll be rooting heavily for him to win a title this year.

Pau Gasol is nice
thesource
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:03 am    Post subject:

ROTL wrote:
Most overrated Laker of all time. Good player, borderline all-star, nothing more.

Lamar was the borderline all-star, good player.

Pau was one of the more skilled big men to come along in years. He had no weakness in his game offensively for a 7 footer.

Not on the level of the Shaqs, Kareems, Kobes, Magics... but definitely one of the Laker greats and should be universally loved by all Lakers fans.

A stand up guy too. One of the most decent people to ever wear the purple and gold.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:48 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Pau was a great Laker and a model human being. I'm grateful for his time here.

Pau's the only guy who you could appropriately call "sweet". Haha. Tell me I'm wrong. The guy is completely void of a temper, vileness, machismo, you name it. Always accommodating to press. The only thing negative he could do is be passive-aggressive from time to time (Kobe shots to much), but even then, he doesn't have the personality to cause a stink person-to-person.

Pau Gasol is a sweet, gentle man. It might not be a coincidence that an alpaca is known to be a gentle animal.

On 2/1/08, I said to someone who didn't know who he was, quote, "We're gonna win a championship. Maybe not this year, but the next two. It's gonna happen." I didn't even feel that way the night we got Shaq.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject:

I was fortunate enough to be at Pau's first game as a Laker vs. the Nets. Was so ecstatic to get him and he was instrumental to our championship runs.
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
General basketball discussion is that way ----------->

City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject:

Give it a rest.

!...
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
To quote Robert Horry when Pau made that statement about fond feelings for LA... "Who cares? He left us."

exactly how i felt when bob left us for the spurs.
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject:

ROTL wrote:
Most overrated Laker of all time. Good player, borderline all-star, nothing more.

is the chris mihm fan club still around?
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject:

thesource wrote:
ROTL wrote:

Pau was one of the more skilled big men to come along in years. He had no weakness in his game offensively for a 7 footer.

Not on the level of the Shaqs, Kareems, Kobes, Magics... but definitely one of the Laker greats and should be universally loved by all Lakers fans.

A stand up guy too. One of the most decent people to ever wear the purple and gold.

overrated? not a chance. 2x champion, 3x all star, 3x all nba in 6 1/2 seasons with purpngold. you think any player coulda just come in and clicked with kobe immediately like that? everyone saw what happened with dwight , shaq, etc.
after their first game together you could tell that they could make something special happen for la, and they did.
knhellesky
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject:

kobe_4_mvp wrote:
thesource wrote:
ROTL wrote:

overrated? not a chance. 2x champion, 3x all star, 3x all nba in 6 1/2 seasons with purpngold. you think any player coulda just come in and clicked with kobe immediately like that? everyone saw what happened with dwight , shaq, etc.
after their first game together you could tell that they could make something special happen for la, and they did.

THIS!
almogaver
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:28 am    Post subject: Lakers vs celtics G7 2010, basket history.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: