Kobe putting up most points per game at his advanced age
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobetimeeverytime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
This season is like watching Nate Robinson take 20 attempts to do one dunk in the dunk contest. First you start off with "wow that guy is 5'9". Then you are amazed by how athletic he is then. Then after the 18th attempt you are like "this is a bit ridiculous." Amazing yes, but yeah.

funny and accurate
farmarisfuture
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:27 am    Post subject:

Watching this Kobe is just like watching MJ in Wizards. Meaningless game with a superstar.
tonman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:55 am    Post subject:

magickobe24 wrote:
Bladers wrote:
You see this is the problem.
A guy lauches 30 shots a game while shooting 35/36%
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

if he was shooting 50 shots and only hitting at a 1% clip. some of you will just find something to praise him on. its disgusting.

He needs to calm down and let the hand of the trigger. play like he did pre injury post allstar.
he doesnt have the same team pre injury post allstar . this is what yall act like you cant see.

Do you really need me to give you the roster?

Then how do you explain the fact that his teammates shoot at a higher percentage than he does?
Dwight, and gasol. two shot makers.

He doesnt have a single person on the court thats as good as those two guys. not even close.

So again, who is he supposed to pass too? nick has shown he can make shots and he will take shots. guess what kobe does now? passes nick the ball.
The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:00 am    Post subject:

kobetimeeverytime wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
This season is like watching Nate Robinson take 20 attempts to do one dunk in the dunk contest. First you start off with "wow that guy is 5'9". Then you are amazed by how athletic he is then. Then after the 18th attempt you are like "this is a bit ridiculous." Amazing yes, but yeah.

funny and accurate

tonman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject:

magickobe24 wrote:
Bladers wrote:
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

if he was shooting 50 shots and only hitting at a 1% clip. some of you will just find something to praise him on. its disgusting.

He needs to calm down and let the hand of the trigger. play like he did pre injury post allstar.
he doesnt have the same team pre injury post allstar . this is what yall act like you cant see.

Do you really need me to give you the roster?

Then how do you explain the fact that his teammates shoot at a higher percentage than he does?
Dwight, and gasol. two shot makers.

He doesnt have a single person on the court thats as good as those two guys. not even close.

So again, who is he supposed to pass too? nick has shown he can make shots and he will take shots. guess what kobe does now? passes nick the ball.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Lol. Good way pf putting it. Yeah, is it impressive that he can still put up 24 shots in an NBA game at 36 and with his injuries? Sure. But he has also become something of a caricature of himself at times, too. With that 35-foot three being the prime example. Has Kobe taken that shot in his prime? Sure, but it was in his prime when he had it rolling and was singlehandedly winning games. Now he's doing it when he's 0-7, down nine with six seconds left on the shot clock. It's more like ugly or gaudy than beautiful or dominant.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:31 am    Post subject:

its painful to watch kobe this year. brick after brick
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
deal wrote:
KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
deal wrote:
thejet24 wrote:
Bladers wrote:
and gets praised.

i mean what the heck?

He needs to calm down and let the hand of the trigger. play like he did pre injury post allstar. dominated with a slew of gamewinners. yet calm cool and collected.

As soon as the Lakers FO punted this season away and surrounded Kobe with a worst roster than last year, he set his mind on chasing the scoring record.

I don't mind that thinking at all because this team is not winning a championship. Kobe shooting, scoring, keeping games close and entertaining is the only thing we have to look forward to.

Dilusional fans who actually think there is a shot at a title will complain about his shots, but realist will just enjoy the ride.

Another fun fun night...yep

Watch the highlights. All of the nights are fun then. But seriously, if you've trouble with Kobe being Kobe, or not conceding to age or injury, then, you never really enjoyed to the fullest what Kobe brought/brings to the basketball table. He is who he is and will always be.

He reminds me of Theloneous Monk. He played his style of Jazz Piano when people thought he was crazy and he played the same way when he was the most important Jazz musician in the World save perhaps John Coltrane and he played the same way when the Jazz World had seemingly passed him by.

But T. Monk is legend. Kobe is legend. Too bad so many can't appreciate that.

Thanks for the comment and the analogy; I get your point, here's mine;

Just like learning table manners at home goes a long way for kids, Kobe has a unique opportunity to teach and set an example for this young team and others to come.. To do wha! Play the right way. Share the rock, tlet the open shooter take the shot and actually make it a ten effort. Catching MJ will come, is a done deal. But what he could do for the game, beyond himself, that would have greater meaning for the "team"; shooting low percentage shots, emmm, does nothing for me or him, I think.

I've followed Kobe since he broke into the league but IMO it would go a longer way if he showed, by example, how to play the game the right way. That does not mean bring his intensity down, but at 36 and already one of the very best of all times, he has nothing to prove out there by chucking up bad shots...

Again, my opinion....

So you, much like Magic, want Kobe to morph into Magic. As I said earlier, if that's what you get from Kobe, you've lost out on the essence that has made Kobe Kobe and what has set him aside from every player who has ever played the game.

I'll make a few last points;

A- I don't want Kobe to morph into anyone. Passing the passing the ball from one player to next in order to find that open man does not require Magic's skill set, it's good basketball fundamentals

B- do I think we would win because we played the right way? Maybe not. But watching a five man game degraded into a one man shooting display is not good basketball. My plead is to teach the present youth and future players, the right b/b fundamentals.

I think the game would be much more fun to watch and that does not mean Kobe does not get his shots in, just that he would probably get better shots.

Hey, if you want to watch Kobe shoot, that's cool. I'm expressing what I'd like to see the Lakers do...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lol. Good way pf putting it. Yeah, is it impressive that he can still put up 24 shots in an NBA game at 36 and with his injuries? Sure. But he has also become something of a caricature of himself at times, too. With that 35-foot three being the prime example. Has Kobe taken that shot in his prime? Sure, but it was in his prime when he had it rolling and was singlehandedly winning games. Now he's doing it when he's 0-7, down nine with six seconds left on the shot clock. It's more like ugly or gaudy than beautiful or dominant.

It should be fairly obvious that he's nowhere near his prime. My hope was that the FO would surround him with talent but then we got placeholders. So my dream is deferred another offseason. I don't think kobe plays like this if he had an actual decent team around him. It was the perfect recipe to bring out the bad tendencies in kobe.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KBH wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It should be fairly obvious that he's nowhere near his prime. My hope was that the FO would surround him with talent but then we got placeholders. So my dream is deferred another offseason. I don't think kobe plays like this if he had an actual decent team around him. It was the perfect recipe to bring out the bad tendencies in kobe.

Yup. I agree he wouldn't approach the game like this if he had an actual squad around him. I'm pinning my hopes on next season being the proper last hurrah sendoff for Kobe. Hopefully, we can keep this tank going, hold on to our top-5 pick, the Cavs continue not defending and Kevin Love decides to go back home and we'll at least have a team that's watchable for 2015-16.

Edit: Oh, and Scott is let go. If things played out like my dream scenario above, we'll need a real coach. Not a tank master.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: