Michael Brown Shooting By Police Sparks Vigil, Protest, Looting And Calls For Federal Probe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject:

Sources To CBS2: Officer Accidentally Shot Unarmed Man While Opening Door With Gun In Hand
Asian officer "accidentally" fired his weapon into chest of Black man.. Didn't call for help for 5 minutes... Didn't even check to see where the bullet landed that accidentally got fired... .. Trouble coming..
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject:

Police Agree To Some, But Not All, 'Rules Of Engagement' From Ferguson Protesters

LINK

After reading this article I'm not really at ease. Though the real onus for peaceful protest lies mainly at the feet of the protesters i don't feel the Ferguson police department really cares about or will abide by "The Rules Of Engagement."

Quote:
With a grand jury decision imminent in the case of Ferguson, Missouri police officer Darren Wilson, law enforcement officials in St. Louis said Friday that they would agree to some, but not all, of the "Rules of Engagement" for dealing with the public proposed earlier this month by area protesters.

This is a bit disconcerting. IMO the use of armored vehicles is unnecessary. Rubber bullets and tear gas if properly employed can be a deterrent.

Quote:
They also declined requests to prohibit the use of crowd control equipment, including armored vehicles, rubber bullets, rifles and tear gas, saying the use of those tools and equipment will be left to law enforcement’s discretion.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
C M B wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Anonymous Release New Video Warning Ferguson Police And KKK: ‘We Are The Law Now'

LINK

Listen to the voice in the video. Ethnics have distinctive verbal enunciations. I may be wrong so I'll ask the forum. Does this sound like a Black man? Whoever this is, he sounds European to me.

lmaoooooooooo jodeke you cadaverous old (bleep), that's a computerized voice.

Haha. You guys must be good pals in PMs.

What gives you that impression?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject:

FBI arrests 2 New Black Panther members in Ferguson bomb plot
shansen008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Police Agree To Some, But Not All, 'Rules Of Engagement' From Ferguson Protesters

LINK

After reading this article I'm not really at ease. Though the real onus for peaceful protest lies mainly at the feet of the protesters i don't feel the Ferguson police department really cares about or will abide by "The Rules Of Engagement."

Quote:
With a grand jury decision imminent in the case of Ferguson, Missouri police officer Darren Wilson, law enforcement officials in St. Louis said Friday that they would agree to some, but not all, of the "Rules of Engagement" for dealing with the public proposed earlier this month by area protesters.

This is a bit disconcerting. IMO the use of armored vehicles is unnecessary. Rubber bullets and tear gas if properly employed can be a deterrent.

Quote:
They also declined requests to prohibit the use of crowd control equipment, including armored vehicles, rubber bullets, rifles and tear gas, saying the use of those tools and equipment will be left to law enforcement’s discretion.

Im confused. Since when do we get to tell the police what their rules of engagement are? Nobody can guarantee that the protesters will remain peaceful, so why should they agree beforehand to those protesters ROE? With 2 NBP party members being arrested in an FBI sting trying to buy explosives no less? Seems silly to me. "Ok you can be there, but you can only stand there and look mean while we spit at you and throw bottles and bricks. No tear gas or rubber bullets!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:

I'm in awe of how people who think they're getting away with it ain't getting away with it. The FBI has more angled surfaces than a fly's eye.

I wonder what they planned to blow up?

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject:

shansen008 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

Quote:

Quote:

Im confused. Since when do we get to tell the police what their rules of engagement are? Nobody can guarantee that the protesters will remain peaceful, so why should they agree beforehand to those protesters ROE? With 2 NBP party members being arrested in an FBI sting trying to buy explosives no less? Seems silly to me. "Ok you can be there, but you can only stand there and look mean while we spit at you and throw bottles and bricks. No tear gas or rubber bullets!

Read, digest, assimilate;
Quote:
Though the real onus for peaceful protest lies mainly at the feet of the protesters
Quote:
Rubber bullets and tear gas if properly employed can be a deterrent.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
C M B wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Anonymous Release New Video Warning Ferguson Police And KKK: ‘We Are The Law Now'

LINK

Listen to the voice in the video. Ethnics have distinctive verbal enunciations. I may be wrong so I'll ask the forum. Does this sound like a Black man? Whoever this is, he sounds European to me.

I dunno, man. I'm pretty sure I pissed you off with "hello" once. I get the impression you're not a fan of sarcasm sometimes and we're actually coo' most of the time. Then again, I tend to use sarcasm in at least 3/4ths of my posts. Maybe it's too much sometimes.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Sources To CBS2: Officer Accidentally Shot Unarmed Man While Opening Door With Gun In Hand
Asian officer "accidentally" fired his weapon into chest of Black man.. Didn't call for help for 5 minutes... Didn't even check to see where the bullet landed that accidentally got fired... .. Trouble coming..

Right, because that Asian officer is a card carrying member of the KKK.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

I'm in awe of how people who think they're getting away with it ain't getting away with it. The FBI has more angled surfaces than a fly's eye.

I wonder what they planned to blow up?

These dudes probably had zero idea there was surveillance on them and the FBI probably waited long enough for them to slip up and do something robust enough for them to get a conviction, like a hand-to-hand buy, not to mention a bombing conspiracy (they're going away for awhile). Most likely there are informant(s) and undercover(s) working on their group. Their affiliates should be nervous right about now. The FBI loves their terrorist groups, the list they have is looong. There was a fantastic 2 hr documentary on the FBI on the newly-named "American Heroes Channel" that showed just how diverse their duties are. They showed the San Diego Field Office's involvement in LA gangs, drugs/guns, an internet crime bust and assistance with Mexican officials in examining a mass grave. Cameras followed them on a sweep of a bunch of Mex Mafia, they hit hard at 6am, the Eses looked groggy when they were being lead out in cuffs.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:32 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
C M B wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

I dunno, man. I'm pretty sure I pissed you off with "hello" once. I get the impression you're not a fan of sarcasm sometimes and we're actually coo' most of the time. Then again, I tend to use sarcasm in at least 3/4ths of my posts. Maybe it's too much sometimes.

I don't remember the "hello" post you're talking about. It's not that I'm not a fan of sarcasm, it's just that most of the time it goes WOOOOOSH.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:19 am; edited 2 times in total
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
WOOOOOSH.

That's just the sound of your blood glucose spiking.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
jodeke wrote:
WOOOOOSH.

That's just the sound of your blood glucose spiking.

GTH

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:42 am    Post subject:

Civic group: No Ferguson grand jury decision yet

LINK

Ferguson will be change or another blight. I know it's a lot to believe it will be a change for better but I believe anyway. I'm going in with a glass half full.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:52 am    Post subject:

shansen008 wrote:

Since the inception of law enforcement. Citizens pays the government via taxes. Government sets up law enforcement. Laws are voted on by elected representatives or the constituency directly.

Police officers are supposed to protect and serve. They are keepers of the peace. When it comes to civilian demonstrations the police's motto shouldn't be, "fight fire with fire" or "hurt them before they can hurt you".

The first amendment gives every US citizen the right to assemble and petition. That applies to the African-American population in Ferguson as well.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject:

Ferguson tense ahead of grand jury decision

LINK

I also feel the decision is being delayed. It makes no sense to me. The longer the delay the more apt people are to become restless and react violently.

The parents of Trayvon Martin and Mike Brown are at the frontline pleading for calm. There's a underlying smoldering in Ferguson so volatile that the slight breeze may start a fire.

Quote:

As they wait, some people have continued daily protests, while speculation has grown that the delays are intentional.

"People feel like it's been engineered, so that the results wouldn't come out until after the election and until the weather got cold, and it would be more difficult to protest," said Susan McGraugh, supervisor of the Criminal Defense Clinic at the Saint Louis University School of Law. "It's really adding fuel to the fire."

Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/11/22/us-usa-missouri-shooting-explosives-idUSKCN0J602N20141122

FBI arrests two would-be Ferguson bomb suspects: law enforcement source

---

Most likely going to be trouble, and probably caused by outsiders.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Who all is affected by this decision?

Anyone who has already picked a side will be difficult to convince of the other.

Do they understand the officer now must resign and move completely out of the area even if not guilty... He could never police that city again with any effectiveness.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Anybody got the feeling that the media is just hoping there would be full blown riots there just so they can get their story and something to fill the air with the 24 hours news channels?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Anybody got the feeling that the media is just hoping there would be full blown riots there just so they can get their story and something to fill the air with the 24 hours news channels?

If you read some of the articles you could feel that way. I read a AP article writing, Mike Brown a Black teenager, murderd by a White policeman. It should have written, shot by.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

There's no doubt. They can always fall back on that line that they're bringing light to the situation, but they feed off the ratings bonanza like sharks at a whale carcass. It's their business, especially so for CNN who has evolved into an entertainment-news network.

Dirty Laundry by Don Henley. His lyrics were all correct in that one, but that was like 1983. The 24 hr news cycle is how many times more voracious than it was back then, and it barely even existed then save for the original CNN.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

There's no doubt. They can always fall back on that line that they're bringing light to the situation, but they feed off the ratings bonanza like sharks at a whale carcass. It's their business, especially so for CNN who has evolved into an entertainment-news network.

Dirty Laundry by Don Henley. His lyrics were all correct in that one, but that was like 1983. The 24 hr news cycle is how many times more voracious than it was back then, and it barely even existed then save for the original CNN.

I called someone a "Bubble headed bleach blonde" the other day at work. No one picked up on the reference.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject:

Ya know.. I hope the protestors or whatever they are best called look at organizing to fix their communities not just the police force.

Obviously they could spend some time helping to mentor youth about their futures and counseling them that Mr Browns lifestyle was conducive to having very bad interactions with the police.

It sucks that he was going to start technical college very soon yet he chose to commit a small scale robbery, for non-essential items, with no thought about his future and how it would affect it. :(

"I keep my thoughts on the future because that is where I am spending the rest of my life" George Burns.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/11/22/us-usa-missouri-shooting-explosives-idUSKCN0J602N20141122

FBI arrests two would-be Ferguson bomb suspects: law enforcement source

---

Most likely going to be trouble, and probably caused by outsiders.

They were members of the New Black Panthers. BP don't loot and pillage. They're militants who attack the police. Remember ‎Donald DeFreeze (Cinque)?

I believe outsiders are causing most of the troule in Ferguson. Michael Brown and Trayvon Martins parents are in groups promoting peace. Those wanting a big screen to watch the Lakers are the ones causing the trouble.

angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject:

"Field Marshal" Cinque was SLA, not Black Panthers.

I agree that outsiders are likely agitating. This is their chance to pick up political capital.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 32 of 57
Jump to: