NUGGETS -at- LAKERS - 11-23-14 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:37 am    Post subject:

This team is a dumpster fire. Whats worse is you can see KObe work so hard to get the same stats but his shooting is downright terrible when the 48 min are said and done.
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:55 am    Post subject:

I don't know how the Lakers put a worse product on the floor every season but they manage to do it. Sad game, sad times. That's all I'am gonna say, they aren't worth getting into details.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject:

DB great as usual. Great game for Sacre and I can't believe I'm saying this. Price was woeful and I hope he gets it together. Davis never got it going but the good thing is he's not seriously injured. Hill's shot wasn't there tonight, Young, Lin didn't get it going from 3 point. Wes had some big moments, shot from 3 poorly.

But I have to gripe about Lin and Kobe. These guys have to step up. Kobe has to play smarter and sometimes harder on defense, Lin has to play smarter and harder. I thought Lin had a bad first half looking hesitant, directionless, making silly jump in the air pass to nowhere turn it over plays and not taking shots presented to him trying too hard to force passes game. Kobe was superb, shooting efficiently, playing really smart good basketball and was OK on the defensive end.

The third quarter was great, Lin finally flicked a switched and played with confidence. Took it to the other team, made the shots he's capable of making and scored a ton in that quarter. He played with energy and without fear yet under control. So my gripe is don't just flick a switch, always play like that. He has the ability to do it, do it. Come 4th, why isn't he looking to do more in the latter part of the game. I don't care that he was used to Harden ball in the clutch and just giving it to him. I don't care that it is Kobe time and Kobe is who he is. Lin, contrary to what people have said, contrary to his uncharacteristic missing of FTs in the clutch, is very clutch late in games in making big plays when he attacks. Don't just become a servant to Kobe late in games, play the game like you have when you were going well. In OT Lin was OK, made a few plays, but could have done more. He has to watch his fouling too, 5 fouls hampered his D on Lawson but he played pretty well with the fouls.

Kobe had a beauty of a game for 3 quarters. He was sharing the ball, taking shots in the flow, finding guys, being a leader, I thought he was on his way to one of his better games. What does he do in the 4th? Take it on his shoulders to do exactly what the opponents want him to do and become a one-man team. That's not winning. His legs are tired. Now Kobe did some good things screening with Lin and I'll get to that next. But Kobe started out too high up and I could tell which shots he'd brick vs. make. Kobe was money in the low post and when he got plays from the team that got him when he positioned himself there, shot was pretty much automatic. When he started out high and took off-balance fade shots of course they bricked and that's most of what he did. He killed his efficiency, he didn't look to mix things up and keep the defense honest and he's too smart for this. He's a smart guy, smart player until crunch time when he is playing into the hands of opponents and it doesn't have to be that way.

Both Lin and Kobe should have 6 assists or more per game. No excuses. Shots falling or not for team mates they have the ability to get team mates easy shots. Kobe sometimes forgets he does and takes tough shots and Lin just doesn't show the mindset to be the guy to do it throughout the game. I understand there is rhythm and pick your spots, but they both need to step up in that regard. And Lin needs to understand just how the opponents put pressure on him with their offense, he needs to put pressure on them with his.

I like that they are developing a chemistry of screening for one another and play off one another and also share the facilitating. That's what they are supposed to do. But they need to do more, get together and scheme and practice these things and then work at implementing them on the court. Kobe has to allow it and trust, Lin has to trust himself because he is the one holding himself back and it is frustrating to watch. Playmake guys. Lead the team.

Scott doesn't seem to have a clue of how to get a modern looking offense to play basketball but Lin and Kobe do. I'd like to see a mission of get the guys easier baskets, then the results will be winnable games won't be an L, they will be won. There have been 3 or more of these games this season.
Lakersprime
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject:

Thanks, DB.

It was a game we could win. But overall it was much better than the game in Dallas.

We should keep this staring lineup. And, we need to use Clarkson more given that Price had played poorly.
shark-lin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject:

We let this one slip away...missed FTs
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject:

Just a heads up, I won't be able to cover the next game. It will be another DIY night...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: