Official 2015 Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Since Butler will likely stay in Chacago I think we should pursue Tobias Harris.

How much would he cost to steal away from Orlando?

Randle, Harris, Clarkson, our top 5 pick(Okafor?) and Houston's pick would be a nice young core to build around.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
Since Butler will likely stay in Chacago I think we should pursue Tobias Harris.

Randle, Harris, Clarkson, our top 5 pick(Okafor?) and Houston's pick would be a nice young core to build around.

i think around 10-12mil. with our top 5 pick we have around 22mil. if we trade Kelly we have around 24.

my ideal would be is to sign Jackson @13 and 11 for tobias harris. or do a S&T with Magic kelly for Tobias.

jackson
kobe
tobias
Randle
Okafor
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

i think around 10-12mil. with our top 5 pick we have around 22mil. if we trade Kelly we have around 24.

my ideal would be is to sign Jackson @13 and 11 for tobias harris. or do a S&T with Magic kelly for Tobias.

jackson
kobe
tobias
Randle
Okafor

If we can sign Harris I'd give about 5-6M each to re-sign Lin and Davis.

Lin/Clarkson
Kobe/Young
Harris/Houston's pick
Randle/Kelly
Okafor/Davis

Then in 2016 when Kobe' contract expires we will have a good team in place to entice a star like Durant to come.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Mitch won't pursue RFAs, waste of time because teams can match and you would have to overpay to get them. He's going to go after FA PGs like Rondo or Dragic.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Mitch won't pursue RFAs, waste of time because teams can match and you would have to overpay to get them. He's going to go after FA PGs like Rondo or Dragic.

You are probably right. And mgasol and love.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

I'm assuming we will draft a big Okafor/Turner/Towns so I don't think we pursue Marc. Love either because we have Randle and he'll most likely re-sign with Cavs. I think when FA starts, Rondo and Dragic will be at the top of Mitch FA list.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:

the logic is flawed about not pursuing MGasol or Love. why did the Cavs go after Love even when they have TT?

Did he tell u this in a personal email? Or u have link to an article which says that?

With ur logic rondo signs max with Celtics & suns signs dragic to a lucrative deal

Whats left in UFA then? Nothing?

Offer the money atleast before throwing another 1 yr deals

Note: nobody is saying to offer $$$ to the RFA's on July 1st
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

jackson
kobe
tobias
Randle
Okafor

I would pay anything to get Harris. He is a stud and has not even come close to reaching his ceiling. I see him being a star in the league. Hopefully, it is with us. There is no way we are getting Jackson and him, so I would pick Harris.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

jackson
kobe
tobias
Randle
Okafor

I would pay anything to get Harris. He is a stud and has not even come close to reaching his ceiling. I see him being a star in the league. Hopefully, it is with us. There is no way we are getting Jackson and him, so I would pick Harris.

Yinoma2001: mitch doesnt go after RFA

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

jackson
kobe
tobias
Randle
Okafor

Yinoma2001: mitch doesnt go after RFA

No. He doesn't go after 2 RFAs as stated in your scenario.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

the logic is flawed about not pursuing MGasol or Love. why did the Cavs go after Love even when they have TT?

Did he tell u this in a personal email? Or u have link to an article which says that?

With ur logic rondo signs max with Celtics & suns signs dragic to a lucrative deal

Whats left in UFA then? Nothing?

Offer the money atleast before throwing another 1 yr deals

Note: nobody is saying to offer $$$ to the RFA's on July 1st
There's been reports stating that Mitch has a general stance against participating in RFA, since he does not want L.A.’s cap room tied up for three-plus days on an offer sheet another team can match. The Cavs went after Love because TT was average and Lebron wanted him. Also, it's common sense that if we draft a big we won't pursue Marc. Rondo is a FA and so is Dragic.
24KT
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

jackson
kobe
tobias
Randle
Okafor

Dragic/Clarkson
Kobe/Young
Harris or Gerald Green/Johnson?
Randle/Kelly?
Davis/TOP PICK

Maybe?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Best case IMO is of course Okafor or Towns in the draft and Reggie Jackson is the best/realistic option at PG for the Lakers this off season. Jackson>Knight

Hopefully resign Davis to a deal around 2y10M or the room exception if we can get a quality wing like a Wes Matthews. Jimmy Butler would be perfect but the Bulls will match anything I believe

Okafor/Davis
Randle/Kelly
FA/Young
Kobe/Clarkson
Jackson

If I'm playing the RFA game, I go after Butler before Jackson.

I think butler is a waste of time. Chicago will match him even if they have to shed taj or another player. He's their best perimeter player. RJax is far more attainable and will be a deveststing blow to okc and their chances of keeping durant.

I would prefer to go after the better player. If Butler is an A, Jackson is a C. That is a lot for Chicago to accomplish in 3 days.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:

Any RFA is going to cost $3-4 mil more than if they were unrestricted.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Best case IMO is of course Okafor or Towns in the draft and Reggie Jackson is the best/realistic option at PG for the Lakers this off season. Jackson>Knight

Hopefully resign Davis to a deal around 2y10M or the room exception if we can get a quality wing like a Wes Matthews. Jimmy Butler would be perfect but the Bulls will match anything I believe

Okafor/Davis
Randle/Kelly
FA/Young
Kobe/Clarkson
Jackson

If I'm playing the RFA game, I go after Butler before Jackson.

I think butler is a waste of time. Chicago will match him even if they have to shed taj or another player. He's their best perimeter player. RJax is far more attainable and will be a deveststing blow to okc and their chances of keeping durant.

I would prefer to go after the better player. If Butler is an A, Jackson is a C. That is a lot for Chicago to accomplish in 3 days.

Not really. Unlike Houston and Bosh (where they had to shed Lin/Asik), Butler is a RFA. SO they can keep him even if at a max, then spend the entire season trying to trade very tradeable assets such as Gibson, Doug McBuckets, etc. The luxury tax is calculated at the end of the season, not at the beginning.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

I'm assuming we will draft a big Okafor/Turner/Towns so I don't think we pursue Marc. Love either because we have Randle and he'll most likely re-sign with Cavs. I think when FA starts, Rondo and Dragic will be at the top of Mitch FA list.

I disagree, I think the first calls will be to bigs. PGs are easier to find.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject:

We will see how it goes in FA, but it doesn't make sense to pursue Marc after drafting Okafor/Turner/Towns. If PGs were so easy to find we would have a great one, we don't and Rondo and Dragic are the only good ones in FA.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

But if you agree that it's great to have a PF/C combo going forward for $8-9m a year, why then drop $19m on a 30 y.o. center? How do you intend to develop Okafor (example) if you have Marc Gasol in front of him for 4 years?

I think the team will review its options after the draft. If we get Okafor, I can see them shifting their focus elsewhere (SF/PG) and spending money on a backup big like Ed Davis or even a guy like Koufous.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject:

If we keep our top 5 pick and draft a big, which would you guys prefer?

Pursue a SF (Butler, Leonard, Harris) and split the rest of the money between Lin/Davis

or

Pursue a PG (RJax, Dragic, overrated injured player) and split the rest between Matthews/Davis

or

Go for the pipe of pursing PG and SF & let Davis walk
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

But if you agree that it's great to have a PF/C combo going forward for $8-9m a year, why then drop $19m on a 30 y.o. center? How do you intend to develop Okafor (example) if you have Marc Gasol in front of him for 4 years?

I think the team will review its options after the draft. If we get Okafor, I can see them shifting their focus elsewhere (SF/PG) and spending money on a backup big like Ed Davis or even a guy like Koufous.

In that case the ideal situation would be to sign Chandler for 2-3 years.
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:15 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

Not always. Look at what Isaiah Thomas got. I think we can get RJAX for same amount.

Draft a Center with our own pick, draft a backup pg with rox pick , sign a pg and sf/sg from free agency and resign Ed Davis.

FA PG/ROOKIE PG
KOBE/CLARKSON
FA SF/YOUNG
RANLDE/KELLY
ROOKIE C/DAVIS
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Palin wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

Not always. Look at what Isaiah Thomas got. I think we can get RJAX for same amount.

Draft a Center with our own pick, draft a backup pg with rox pick , sign a pg and sf/sg from free agency and resign Ed Davis.

FA PG/ROOKIE PG
KOBE/CLARKSON
FA SF/YOUNG
RANLDE/KELLY
ROOKIE C/DAVIS

RJAX for 7m? Good luck with that. Likely double that.
Nick the Quick
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject:

i know it's early but what's the expected salary cap for this upcoming offseason?

i'd like us to get a real C and SF. i think we can make ends meet at PG, i mean, we had fisher holding it down for years.

if the coaching staff/FO believe at all that Randle can play some SF, that changes the whole equation of who we go after. if Randle can play SF, we can draft an okafor who can switch between PF/C, then you sign a true C (i.e. asik), let hill walk, sign davis on a lengthy but affordable deal, and use the leftover money to get bench players not named Wesley, Xavier, Ronnie, etc.

i think we can be okay w/ Lin at PG, but we need a decent backup, along w/ some shooters.

we can't cover everything in one offseason, but should be able to knock out a couple needs come July
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject:

So Mitch doesn't like cap to be tied up in RFA?

Got it, he'd much rather have it tied up for pipe dreams of Melo and Lebron...then when that falls apart he rather cap be tied up with Jordan Hill.
ihatetheceltics
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject: Lakers Assets

So what are the the assets the Lakers have to work with this year? Who is expiring? Can we trade Nash's exemption? If we get one for Henry can we trade that exemption? Etc...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next
Page 19 of 2526
Jump to: