View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Kobe2Clark wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
Kobe2Clark wrote:
Not to pile on Lin and Hill but I feel we win this game if Davis and Price finish

Ed missed a couple of shots around the rim in the 4th, one was Lin's drive, the other was from Kobe's pass, down deep in the paint... he did not convert...but I agree, should keep him on the court, at least he is a threat in the paint...
Price? You want iso price in the 4th???
Lin and Kobe's two men game did not play well in the 4th... did you see how difficult for Kobe to establish his position? this is a coaching failure, if this is MDA, he would have set up more screens for Kobe to free him up...

I'm thinking of defense. Hill was horrible tonight and Lin had no chance vs. Conley

Price could barely handle Udrih.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Kobe2Clark wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
Kobe2Clark wrote:
Not to pile on Lin and Hill but I feel we win this game if Davis and Price finish

Ed missed a couple of shots around the rim in the 4th, one was Lin's drive, the other was from Kobe's pass, down deep in the paint... he did not convert...but I agree, should keep him on the court, at least he is a threat in the paint...
Lin and Kobe's two men game did not play well in the 4th... did you see how difficult for Kobe to establish his position? this is a coaching failure, if this is MDA, he would have set up more screens for Kobe to free him up...

I'm thinking of defense. Hill was horrible tonight and Lin had no chance vs. Conley

Price could barely handle Udrih.

Both Price and Lin played defense well. They aren't miracle workers, they can only make the opposing PG work hard for their shots and both did so. Both were disruptive and had steals as well and both hustled. I have no problems with Price or Lin's hustle and defense in this game. It's not like Conley scored 30 tonight and Udrih 20.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Conley, Gasol and Randolph are one of the best trios in the league. They have great chemistry due to playing together for so long.
Honeybadger81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Kobe2Clark wrote:
Honeybadger81 wrote:
Kobe2Clark wrote:

got to give Conley credit, he plays so well off the pick and has so many ways to score, the floaters are very impressive, very difficult to guard... I don't think Ronnie can handle that either...Our bigs' help was actually better, but not consistent, Lin cannot lock down Conley off PnR, but overall, he did a solid job defending him
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Conley is incredibly underrated.
lazard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject:

still flabbergasted that none of the bigs can set screens for Lin.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject:

lazard wrote:
still flabbergasted that none of the bigs can set screens for Lin.

Kobe needs to grow 4" and gain 40 lbs. He's pretty much the one that's setting screens.
sullenberger
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Dwight+Harden wrote:
I know some will blame Kobe, but Lin played terrible in the 2nd half

Lin

1st half 4-6 13 points 4 ast

2nd half 0-3 1 point 1 ast

And his defense was terrible

Lin needs to shoot 12-14 times a game to help out Kobe

You made this loss look like on Lin. I thought at least Scott could have played Lin longer in the 1st qtr when he was hot, and subbed him back earlier in the 4th qtr
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject:

sullenberger wrote:
Dwight+Harden wrote:
I know some will blame Kobe, but Lin played terrible in the 2nd half

Lin

1st half 4-6 13 points 4 ast

2nd half 0-3 1 point 1 ast

And his defense was terrible

Lin needs to shoot 12-14 times a game to help out Kobe

You made this loss look like on Lin. I thought at least Scott could have played Lin longer in the 1st qtr when he was hot, and subbed him back earlier in the 4th qtr
Look at his screen name.
kobemania3-16
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject:

I dont like the way Lin playing PG, sorry.
If you remember how much Melo's game suffered back then when he played with Lin, the same goes for kobe's game especially in the fourth quarter of games, he just can't find a way to get kobe good looks, and he never pass it to kobe early in the offense. just bad basketball all around (conley was scoring whenever he wanted too over lin, price did better job).
“It’s silly. It’s absolutely silly. Hopefully, L.A. understands what everything he’s been able to accomplish with this franchise in a very, very competitive sport with some very, very competitive teams. That’s just ridiculous.”
Kobe about Dr. Buss.
HAKMamba24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject:

Lets not forget Sacre Back to back fouls before the half
madddogg
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:27 am    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:
Byron Scott is failing this team... OMG, all isos in the fourth, how can you score well by doing that, even Kobe could not do well in that setting...

Lin passing to our bigs on long jumpers!!!!! got to stop those plays, just go to the hole, draw fouls or shoot the ball...

Thats hill and boozer bread and butter. Jumper top of key. Those guys aint rolling to the basket and what do you expect lin to do when the big man and point guard both follow him
Travers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:28 am    Post subject:

kobemania3-16 wrote:
If you remember how much Melo's game suffered back then when he played with Lin, the same goes for kobe's game especially in the fourth quarter of games, he just can't find a way to get kobe good looks, and he never pass it to kobe early in the offense. just bad basketball all around (conley was scoring whenever he wanted too over lin, price did better job).

Melo was not suffering before Lin's existences. But the Knicks was suffering when Melo was on the team. Knicks revived when Melo was out and Lin was in.
madddogg
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:32 am    Post subject:

kobemania3-16 wrote:

Lol!!!! Are you being sarcastic??? Please refer to the ISO basketball thread. Kobe and melo are iso basketball players. If lin passed it off to kobe early its kobe iso and takes the team out of it.
LIN17
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:06 am    Post subject:

Honeybadger81 wrote:
Byron Scott is failing this team... OMG, all isos in the fourth, how can you score well by doing that, even Kobe could not do well in that setting...

Lin passing to our bigs on long jumpers!!!!! got to stop those plays, just go to the hole, draw fouls or shoot the ball...

This is something I don't get, the lane was pretty open when they catch the ball. Instead of shoot a 20 ft jumper, why not take a couple of step toward the basket and dunk it? Even if you fail, they would still have to foul you. It is important to shutdown one of the ZBo/MG combo to win. You will not draw fouls shooting jumpers.
Anthony Peeler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:48 am    Post subject:

Lin was excellent in the first half, scoring and being aggressive. But BS's set minutes rotation had the effect of icing Lin. When Lin was out in the late 3rd and early 4th quarters, Grizzlies started taking the lead. When Lin finally got back in, he lost his rhythm and aggressiveness and deferred too much to Kobe again. Lin should be playing 36 min each game, not just 30.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:17 am    Post subject:

The promos lied man
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:01 am    Post subject:

Anthony Peeler wrote:
Lin was excellent in the first half, scoring and being aggressive. But BS's set minutes rotation had the effect of icing Lin. When Lin was out in the late 3rd and early 4th quarters, Grizzlies started taking the lead. When Lin finally got back in, he lost his rhythm and aggressiveness and deferred too much to Kobe again. Lin should be playing 36 min each game, not just 30.

I think he should play more minutes but not sure if he would have stayed as hot the 2nd half. It's hard to tell. He didn't take that many shots in the 3rd. The only real hot player in the 2nd half was Price. Lin had a good game, Young, Hill and Boozer needed to step up their scoring as they got good passes from Lin.

While I think Lin should play more minutes and come in earlier in the 4th, he's not injured so maybe what Byron is doing makes sense in a way. Lin hits the floor more times than others on the team.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject:

Another moral victory?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31
Page 31 of 31
Jump to: