Michael Brown Shooting By Police Sparks Vigil, Protest, Looting And Calls For Federal Probe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
C M B wrote:
What freeway protesting really looks like:

http://www.10news.com/news/angry-driver-pushes-student-protester-on-blocked-i-5-112614

But seriously all those damn kids have nothing better to do.
They just want to (bleep) and whine about something. What the (bleep) is locking down a freeway in a protest gonna solve. SO damn stupid LOL

Now they are behind bars for what they did and I'm pretty damn sure more than half of them are regretting locking down a freeway as they'll probably get fined over $2k each LOL

They didn't go to jail for their actions. The cops just cleared the freeway so the motorists can go on their way...I do think blocking a freeway is pretty dumb, all it takes is one semi or car speeding unable to stop in time to turn these idiots into roadkill.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Tells me to keep my ass outta Texas. Because I don't wanna be no accident.

Thank goodness for you that cops don't use lethal force in California.
NickF
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject:

With widespread proliferation of semi automatic/fully automatic weapons, and the NRA pushing lax gun laws, the police are now unwilling to take any risk to themselves and will use lethal force under almost any pretext.
som3on3_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject:

NickF wrote:
With widespread proliferation of semi automatic/fully automatic weapons, and the NRA pushing lax gun laws, the police are now unwilling to take any risk to themselves and will use lethal force under almost any pretext.

And that is why you listen to authority otherwise people shouldn't complain about getting shot. Is is right? No, but understand that cops are human and they can react in a bad way if they feel threatened. Best option is to not put them in that situation.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject:

som3on3_10 wrote:
NickF wrote:

And that is why you listen to authority otherwise people shouldn't complain about getting shot. Is is right? No, but understand that cops are human and they can react in a bad way if they feel threatened. Best option is to not put them in that situation.

Cops should only be cops if they are good enough humans to police themselves.
Splash1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
Tells me to keep my ass outta Texas. Because I don't wanna be no accident.

Thank goodness for you that cops don't use lethal force in California.

TOUCHE!
Splash1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject:

NickF wrote:

What the hell are you talking about?
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject:

NickF wrote:

There is no widespread proliferation of fully automatic weapons, unless you live on the set of an action movie. That is flatly untrue.
som3on3_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
som3on3_10 wrote:
NickF wrote:

Cops should only be cops if they are good enough humans to police themselves.

Have you ever been a cop? This seems like an ignorant thing to say looking from the outside in.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject:

No. 17 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
No. 17 wrote:
Here's my post from yesterday. You don't want to believe..fine. That's on you.

No. 17 wrote:
Reading the grand jury report including all the forensic evidence presented to them before posting assumptions might be a good idea.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/11/25/366507379/ferguson-docs-how-the-grand-jury-reached-a-decision

No I don't believe them. Do you believe any of this

I'm still waiting for you to explain why all videos weren't given to the GJ.

Look, if you think think this is a conspiracy and a cover up, you go right ahead. I'm not going to try and convince you otherwise. There's no point discussing it with you. Looking at the world in black and white is kinda sad...

I'm not narrow minded. I don't look at the world in black in white, I include shades of gray. It's sad you don't. I see enough for an indictment.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm not narrow minded. I don't look at the world in black in white, I include shades of gray. It's sad you don't. I see enough for an indictment.

Sure, there was enough evidence for an indictment. There was also enough evidence to justify a no-bill. While I haven't followed the details of the proceeding all that closely, it seems evident to me that (1) the prosecutors were at most indifferent about getting an indictment, and (2) without the prosecutors pressing hard for an indictment, the grand jury gave the benefit of the doubt to the cop, which is what they usually do.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Sure, there was enough evidence for an indictment. There was also enough evidence to justify a no-bill. While I haven't followed the details of the proceeding all that closely, it seems evident to me that (1) the prosecutors were at most indifferent about getting an indictment, and (2) without the prosecutors pressing hard for an indictment, the grand jury gave the benefit of the doubt to the cop, which is what they usually do.

I agree with point 1 which is why I thought there should have been an indictment. A reason I thought Nixon should have pressed for a special prosecutor.

Relating to the no-bill, I'm not convinced McColloch gave the GJ all the evidence.

If the GJ had indicted Wilson and he was acquitted at trial, I believe the looting and burning in Ferguson would have only been delayed.

Ferguson is a city that can become a model. Register it's citizens, go to the polls and make their voices heard.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject:

#BlackoutBlackFriday: A National Call To Boycott Black Friday For Ferguson And Beyond

LINK

Michael Brown's death has sparked a movement bent on change. The people of Ferguson, instead of burning their city, should join the movement.

Ferguson Protesters Celebrate Thanksgiving In A Church, Actively Boycott Black Friday

LINK

Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
#BlackoutBlackFriday: A National Call To Boycott Black Friday For Ferguson And Beyond

LINK

Michael Brown's death has sparked a movement bent on change. The people of Ferguson, instead of burning their city, should join the movement.

Ferguson Protesters Celebrate Thanksgiving In A Church, Actively Boycott Black Friday

LINK

Brick and mortar retail has nothing to do with police brutality. It would make more sense if they were trying to stop shopper on shopper crime during Black Friday. Another misguided attempt to protest.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Found this. By this, it appears that all the shots, less the first two, were lumped together near where Brown went down. This makes it hard to say that Wilson was firing at a fleeing felon and calls into question so many of the witnesses. I tended to believe them until this. It also is a great overhead visual of the scene besides showing where the bullet casings, among other items, were found.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/08/13/us/ferguson-missouri-town-under-siege-after-police-shooting.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=b-lede-package-region&region=top-news&;WT.nav=top-news&_r=3
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Found this. By this, it appears that all the shots, less the first two, were lumped together near where Brown went down. This makes it hard to say that Wilson was firing at a fleeing felon and calls into question so many of the witnesses. I tended to believe them until this. It also is a great overhead visual of the scene besides showing where the bullet casings, among other items, were found.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/08/13/us/ferguson-missouri-town-under-siege-after-police-shooting.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=b-lede-package-region&region=top-news&;WT.nav=top-news&_r=3

I always thought the witnesses were the biggest problem for Brown's side. There were too many conflicting stories leading to a major credibility issue for them as a whole. If I recall correctly, I think Brown's friend at one point even said that Brown was shot in the back.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject:

16 arrested as demonstrations return to Ferguson

LINK

What troubles me is so many of the people arrested are not from Ferguson. They're more detrimental than helpful.

Quote:
Sixteen people were arrested, according to St. Louis County Police spokesman Shawn McGuire. Fifteen of those arrested were for misdemeanor peace disturbance. One man, Joygill Moriah of the Bronx, New York, was charged with assaulting a police officer, resisting arrest and peace disturbance. He did not have a listed attorney. Only one of those arrested was from the St. Louis area. Eight were from New York City.

Demonstrations around the country are going put the GJ in New York debating whether or not to charge Daniel Pantaleo for the choke hold death of Eric Garner in the spotlight.

dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
C M B wrote:

http://www.10news.com/news/angry-driver-pushes-student-protester-on-blocked-i-5-112614

They just want to (bleep) and whine about something. What the (bleep) is locking down a freeway in a protest gonna solve. SO damn stupid LOL

Now they are behind bars for what they did and I'm pretty damn sure more than half of them are regretting locking down a freeway as they'll probably get fined over $2k each LOL

They didn't go to jail for their actions. The cops just cleared the freeway so the motorists can go on their way...I do think blocking a freeway is pretty dumb, all it takes is one semi or car speeding unable to stop in time to turn these idiots into roadkill.

I'm all understanding of civil disobedience and sometimes it takes inconveniencing people to get their attention, but this is just stupid. Blocking a freeway on morning rush hour when people have to go to work? Wow. You want the citizens on your side, not against you.
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject:

som3on3_10 wrote:
NickF wrote:

Except when cops overreact or escalate the situations themselves.

You're so naive.
dvdrdiscs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

LINK

What troubles me is so many of the people arrested are not from Ferguson. They're more detrimental than helpful.

Quote:
Sixteen people were arrested, according to St. Louis County Police spokesman Shawn McGuire. Fifteen of those arrested were for misdemeanor peace disturbance. One man, Joygill Moriah of the Bronx, New York, was charged with assaulting a police officer, resisting arrest and peace disturbance. He did not have a listed attorney. Only one of those arrested was from the St. Louis area. Eight were from New York City.

Demonstrations around the country are going put the GJ in New York debating whether or not to charge Daniel Pantaleo for the choke hold death of Eric Garner in the spotlight.

This issue is beyond Michael Brown and Ferguson. It's a national issue regarding police tactics and policies.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:57 am    Post subject:

dvdrdiscs wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

Quote:

This issue is beyond Michael Brown and Ferguson. It's a national issue regarding police tactics and policies.

This is true. My concern is the people arrested who don't live in Ferguson are impeding progress in the city geared to heal.

Outsiders are causing the unrest to become violent in most cases, not the citizens of Ferguson.

Darren Wilson's life is in shambles. He's on the run, in hiding. While he was mowing his lawn, he got a call telling him his address was on the Internet. He left immediately , his lawn half mowed. He's been on the move every since.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:09 am; edited 2 times in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:00 am    Post subject:

dvdrdiscs wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
C M B wrote:

I'm all understanding of civil disobedience and sometimes it takes inconveniencing people to get their attention, but this is just stupid. Blocking a freeway on morning rush hour when people have to go to work? Wow. You want the citizens on your side, not against you.

Yes economics is far more important than respecting human life.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject:

dvdrdiscs wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

Quote:

The politics and policies of POWER..
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
dvdrdiscs wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
C M B wrote:

Yes economics is far more important than respecting human life.

And keeping PRODUCTIVE MEMBERS OF SOCIETY (with actual jobs) from their LIVELIHOOD is respectful? How many lives were negatively affected because doctors, nurses, teachers and other people couldn't report to their workplace? "Respect human life"... Pppffttt. Please, the majority of these "protestors" don't give 2 turds, bro. Mob mentality.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject:

Something I don't understand but feel some respect for is it seems in the Trayvon Martin case the media dug into his past and worked at making him look like a bad kid

My gut feeling tells me Michael Browns stepfather potentially had some bad influence on him

It seems the media hasn't tried to find ways to smear Michael Browns character or Darren Wilson's .. @@unless I've missed it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 48 of 57
Jump to: