Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Thank you DT for carrying my team this weekend when Luck put up his season low.

Him & CJ Anderson did a number on me this week, thought I was getting an easy W until they messed it up. Now I'm down 8 with Justin Tucker still to play.

Wow, I bet you were happy that CJ didn't go into the end zone at the end of the game

Tucker should be able to get you 8.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Moses wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

Him & CJ Anderson did a number on me this week, thought I was getting an easy W until they messed it up. Now I'm down 8 with Justin Tucker still to play.

Wow, I bet you were happy that CJ didn't go into the end zone at the end of the game

And he got you your points. Grats!

I was up 36 going into tonight against Forsett.. to say I was sweating at the end would be putting it lightly.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Forrsett killed me tonight. Went into tonight up 23 with Sammy Watkins going. Ended up losing by 17. Could have clinched a first round bye.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Forrsett killed me tonight. Went into tonight up 23 with Sammy Watkins going. Ended up losing by 17. Could have clinched a first round bye.

Ouch. I picked up Forsett in the 2nd or 3rd week after gambling on Ray Rice with my 6th pick. Then Lorenzo Taliaferro ended up having a big game Week 3 and I ALMOST dropped Forsett. Luckily, I held onto him and he's helped me take over first place. Need a strong outing next week to clinch a 1st round bye.

Good luck to you guys who are still in the hunt. My players are going up against some really stingy defenses in the final weeks, so I am going to need a little bit of luck down the stretch.
sickside323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:

Forsett absolutely saved me this week. I ended up winning by less than 1 point lol. I just picked him up earlier in the week.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:40 pm    Post subject:

sickside323 wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

Forsett absolutely saved me this week. I ended up winning by less than 1 point lol. I just picked him up earlier in the week.

Did someone drop him last week during the bye? Or has he been available this whole time? I think the guy is averaging the most yards per carry in the league right now. Pretty sure he's ranked in the top 10 as far as RBs are concerned. Wow. Nice pickup, albeit a bit late.
sickside323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:21 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
sickside323 wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

Did someone drop him last week during the bye? Or has he been available this whole time? I think the guy is averaging the most yards per carry in the league right now. Pretty sure he's ranked in the top 10 as far as RBs are concerned. Wow. Nice pickup, albeit a bit late.

someone dropped him like 3 days before i picked him up
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Moses wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

And he got you your points. Grats!

I was up 36 going into tonight against Forsett.. to say I was sweating at the end would be putting it lightly.

Yep, pretty pleased with Tucker this week. Just managed to get the W

Forsett had a hell of a game, the guy who had him in our league benched him for Denard Robinson
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject:

Glad I picked up ODB(Odell Beckham) before anyone else did. I had a feeling he would put up numbers. He's been amazing so far, and that catch was ridiculous.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Ryan Tannehill or Russell Wilson? QB has been my weak spot this year, but I've been compensating with the other positions (Murray, Bell, Maclin, Sanders, Megatron/LaFell, Graham). Right now in 2nd, tied for best record but 12 points shy of 1st and this week is against #1. Current 3rd place team is really strong but 4th looks to be weak come playoffs time so it'll be best to notch that #1 spot this year.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Left Bell on my bench. Figures he has his best game of the season lol. I'm in the playoffs though so its all good.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject:

My friend is out of playoff contention, and as I'm in, they've offered me any of their players on the cheap. Is this unethical?

I can get Drew Brees in exchange for Philip Rivers, but am not sure if it is fair...

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Ryan Tannehill or Russell Wilson? QB has been my weak spot this year, but I've been compensating with the other positions (Murray, Bell, Maclin, Sanders, Megatron/LaFell, Graham). Right now in 2nd, tied for best record but 12 points shy of 1st and this week is against #1. Current 3rd place team is really strong but 4th looks to be weak come playoffs time so it'll be best to notch that #1 spot this year.

I would have said Tanny but it's too late now, sorry.

Tanny is playing the NYJ. He'll have to throw all day and I think the Jets give up more passing TDs than any other team in the league. (If not the most, they are up there).

Meanwhile, they have a decent rush defense. Add in the fact Tanny gets you points on the ground, it's Tanny ALL THE WAY. (I'm playing him in my $200 league but I put him in over Matt Stafford. UGh!)
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:55 pm    Post subject:

I tried to pick up tannehill this week but someone beat me to it. I have to roll with either Joe Flacco or Matt Ryan. Not too thrilled with either one.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject:

I had Romo and Forte yesterday. My opponent had Calvin Johnson and McCoy.

I'm (bleep).
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
My friend is out of playoff contention, and as I'm in, they've offered me any of their players on the cheap. Is this unethical?

I can get Drew Brees in exchange for Philip Rivers, but am not sure if it is fair...

It's definitely collusion that will probably get vetoed if you have an active LM. That said, if you want to do Brees for Rivers, add some bench scrub to make it look less lopsided and maybe it'll go through. It's not like you're swapping for Luck or Manning.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Moses wrote:

It's definitely collusion that will probably get vetoed if you have an active LM. That said, if you want to do Brees for Rivers, add some bench scrub to make it look less lopsided and maybe it'll go through. It's not like you're swapping for Luck or Manning.

I am the LM

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Moses wrote:

I am the LM

In that case...

Definitely don't take all of his best guys though. There's no better way to piss off the rest of your league.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Moses wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
Moses wrote:

I am the LM

In that case...

Definitely don't take all of his best guys though. There's no better way to piss off the rest of your league.

Except karma can be a b**** in situations like these. Usually trade deadlines hit after about week 11... I wouldn't do it, man. IF you do it and end up winning, lots of people are gonna cry foul.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

I would have said Tanny but it's too late now, sorry.

Tanny is playing the NYJ. He'll have to throw all day and I think the Jets give up more passing TDs than any other team in the league. (If not the most, they are up there).

Meanwhile, they have a decent rush defense. Add in the fact Tanny gets you points on the ground, it's Tanny ALL THE WAY. (I'm playing him in my $200 league but I put him in over Matt Stafford. UGh!)

I figured the same and the Jests are a mess. As long as he puts up at least 17 (which is roughly what Russell got), it should be fine. Though I may need more unless KC's defense comes up big against Peyton.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Special teams were gangsta for me. Seattle with 18 and legendary Eagles kicker Cody Parkey with 15. Hopefully Charles and Bell can shred the Broncos and Saints.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject:

^^ yea, Parkey helped me out by basically neutralizing my opponents Alshon Jeffrey (who of course had one of his best games all year)
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Well thank you Graham for the goose-egg.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Secured a 1st round bye with a solid win this week. I'm up 14 points with Miami DEF still left to play. Going wide receiver heavy in early rounds seems to have paid off. I whiffed by drafting Rice, but made up for it by picking up Forsett. Drafted Tre Mason just becuz I had a feeling he would blow up. But I let him go when I picked up Forsett.

I think I will do the same next year. Use my last few picks to gamble on dark horse/high upside players. I Probably won't draft a Defense. Will just stream week to week.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Le'Veon Bell is a beast. Hopefully I can ride him and Demaryius to a fantasy championship win. I have a first round bye this week but glad to see Le'Veon dominating, especially with Atlanta on the slate next week.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 12 of 15
Jump to: