Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject:

LET'S GO LAKERS!!!!

.......... SPANK THE TIMBERWOLVES!!
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject:

Kobe gonna 'welcome ' the number 1 pick like he did Howard. Actually I like both Wiggins and LaVine. They would look good running along side point forward Randle
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject:

TIMBERWOLVES UPDATE:
Quote:
LOOKING AHEAD

Minnesota will travel over Thanksgiving in preparation for a game against the Los Angeles Lakers on Black Friday.
This isn’t the same Lakers team that’s made a living winning titles, though.
Los Angeles is 3-12 this season and this contest is about as winnable for the Wolves as it’s been over the last couple seasons.
So while Minnesota will enter the matchup shorthanded, it has a decent shot at coming out with a victory.

T-PUPS (link)
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject:

This is a W. the wolves are horrible and tanking hard
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHICK HEARN!!

CHICKISMS (quotes)
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Wiggins has been impressing me slightly more so far. He really looked like a slightly better Wes Johnson clone for the first right games or so, but he's been looking better. Some nice uses of his athleticism to attack his defenders in the half court (something Wes has never done) and a better defender. Still not a great finisher around contact and still likes settling for the jumper too much, but definitely improving.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Wes doesn't use his athleticism to his advantage most of the time. For an athletic guy he doesn't shoot enough free throws.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Who would have thought Wiggins would be a high post player in the NBA. lol. negates his lack of skill off the dribble ; smart.
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: **** Los Angeles Lakers vs Minnesota Timberwolves (11/28/14) ****

pio2u wrote:

* INJURY REPORT

LOS ANGELES LAKERS
J. Randle - Out
S. Nash – Out
R. Kelly - Out

OK, so has Xavier Henry been waived? traded? fully recovered from his achilles tendon surgery?
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject:

I expect the Lakers to blow the Wolves out

115-98 Lakers
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
L.A. TIMES:
The Lakers are waiting for the NBA to grant a hardship waiver, which would temporarily allow them to increase their roster size to 16 players.

The hardship waiver isn't expected to be granted until this weekend or next week. It stipulates that a team must have four players sidelined at the same time with substantial injuries. Henry, Steve Nash and Julius Randle are done for the season because of injuries, and Ryan Kelly is out until at least January because of a torn hamstring.

The Lakers would have to return to 15 players when one of the four returned.
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
L.A. TIMES:
The Lakers are waiting for the NBA to grant a hardship waiver, which would temporarily allow them to increase their roster size to 16 players.

The hardship waiver isn't expected to be granted until this weekend or next week. It stipulates that a team must have four players sidelined at the same time with substantial injuries. Henry, Steve Nash and Julius Randle are done for the season because of injuries, and Ryan Kelly is out until at least January because of a torn hamstring.

OK, I'll ask again, why isn't Henry on your list of injured Lakers players?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:55 am    Post subject:

JIFISH wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Quote:
L.A. TIMES:

OK, I'll ask again, why isn't Henry on your list of injured Lakers players?

You should have rechecked the OP. It was corrected 1 hour before you asked again.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject:

Fruscas wrote:
This is a W. the wolves are horrible and tanking hard

I've watched at least half of the Wolves' games and they aren't tanking. They play hard but are just too young, totally disorganized and lack veteran leadership. If you're trying to build team play and your two vets are Mo Williams and Kevin Martin, you're in trouble. There's a reason those guys keep bouncing around the league. They also have three starters out: Rubio, Pekovic, and Martin. I've never thought much of Flip Saunders as a coach either.

This team is already ridiculously loaded with young talent and aren't enough minutes for all of them to develop. Wiggins isn't setting the NBA on fire yet, but you can see he's the real deal. I haven't been too impressed with Lavine yet. He's a willing passer but I'm not sure he's capable of running the point. Doesn't seem to possess the handles or the quickness to get into the lane.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject:

Flip Saunders has repeatedly said that his team isn't tanking. They won't make the playoffs either but unlike the current Lakers, their future pieces are pretty much all set in place. They want to breed a winning culture and tanking isn't a way for them to do so (Rubio, Wiggins, Bennett, Dieng, Lavine going forward).
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Flip Saunders has repeatedly said that his team isn't tanking. They won't make the playoffs either but unlike the current Lakers, their future pieces are pretty much all set in place. They want to breed a winning culture and tanking isn't a way for them to do so (Rubio, Wiggins, Bennett, Dieng, Lavine going forward).

Wow! Just looked it up and their team salary is almost $71 million. Whatever they manage to shave off of that this summer will be mostly replaced by Rubio's extension. I can see why they'd want another lottery pick.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject:

The Lakers are favored by 5.5 points. It would take a moderate level of dysfunction to beat this Tpup assemblage by only 5 or 6 points.
meows a lot
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject:

if we dont win kobe will freak out and so will LG lol.
what's the same instead of
always looking at what's different,

...well, who knows?”

- Meowth
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Quote:
When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength.
Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living.
If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself... TECUMSEH

Thank you.

Now that Thanksgiving is over, I implore those who are curious to research what Thanksgiving really celebrates. It is still a special event that unites family, but the event itself celebrates a settlers returning from a massacre rather than a day of repast and fraternal concordance between two cultures.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Wow! Just looked it up and their team salary is almost $71 million. Whatever they manage to shave off of that this summer will be mostly replaced by Rubio's extension. I can see why they'd want another lottery pick.

They have young talent but the sad this is it will never all develop there. They don't have enough vet leadership to bring them along. When has a team with that many young guys ever stayed together and been worth anything?

If I were them this entire season would be a tryout. At the end of the year I'd evaluate who I think will be best and ship off 1 or 2 young pieces for QUALITY veteran contributions.

There's no way Wiggins, Lavine, Bennet, and Dieng can all develop at the same time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

They have young talent but the sad this is it will never all develop there. They don't have enough vet leadership to bring them along. When has a team with that many young guys ever stayed together and been worth anything?

If I were them this entire season would be a tryout. At the end of the year I'd evaluate who I think will be best and ship off 1 or 2 young pieces for QUALITY veteran contributions.

There's no way Wiggins, Lavine, Bennet, and Dieng can all develop at the same time.

They are probably willing to shop pek, Martin, brewer, et al for pennies on the dollar.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject:

The... Lakers should literally have a fire-sale if the Wolves win this game..... it would be a new-low for this franchise.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject:

meows a lot wrote:
if we dont win kobe will freak out and so will LG lol.

If we don't win, Kobe should save himself any further embarrassment and just call it a career after he passes Jordan it's been a fun ride

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
The... Lakers should literally have a fire-sale if the Wolves win this game..... it would be a new-low for this franchise.

You may see chairs fly and a demand to play for Pluto
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:50 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

They are probably willing to shop pek, Martin, brewer, et al for pennies on the dollar.

I'm sure we will shop Hill after the annual Christmas loss. The problem is that the front office may well ignore the fact that they're conducting a fire sale and thus set the price too high.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 2 of 45
Jump to: