Curry's going to break Kobe's 12 threes record...soon.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Curry is a stud, and a legit top-3 MVP candidate. GS fans are lucky they get to watch this guy every night.

At least they aren't required to watch someone EAT curry...

http://gawker.com/female-letterman-staffers-required-to-watch-cosby-eat-c-1662338989

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Curry's going to break Kobe's 12 threes record...soon.

Telleris wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
You know everyone is thinking it...
Watching him the past year and now, with this crazy new NBA style going on...he's going to break that record. He may leave the 9 threes-in-a-row record intact, but the 12 will be broken soon.

And we'll all be .
(except for certain special someones)

the 9 threes in a row was beaten in 2011, it's 10 now, a repeat 10 last year was all in one half, so that went too

Whoa! Good catch!

Ty Lawson.
But I'll argue that kobe's is more impressive. Because Kobe is the main man on his team, he gets way more attention from the defense, he's not known for being a three point shooter, plus he's a GOAT level player. It's similar to MJ hitting 6 threes in a finals game, it's just one of those things you expect from a star role player (like an Horry) but not your head honcho. Kobe's were more contested too.

if Curry breaks it, I'm guessing it will be more impressive than Lawson's, because he'll have to do it as the main man AND as a known threat.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
I think you mean "Donyell Marshall's record."

That's what they're saying at JazzFanz.com.

Well, dude should get some sort of credit for it.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:38 pm    Post subject:

Dubs still pulled out the win.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: Curry's going to break Kobe's 12 threes record...soon.

SuperboyReformed wrote:
Telleris wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
Watching him the past year and now, with this crazy new NBA style going on...he's going to break that record. He may leave the 9 threes-in-a-row record intact, but the 12 will be broken soon.

And we'll all be .

the 9 threes in a row was beaten in 2011, it's 10 now, a repeat 10 last year was all in one half, so that went too

Whoa! Good catch!

Ty Lawson.
But I'll argue that kobe's is more impressive. Because Kobe is the main man on his team, he gets way more attention from the defense, he's not known for being a three point shooter, plus he's a GOAT level player. It's similar to MJ hitting 6 threes in a finals game, it's just one of those things you expect from a star role player (like an Horry) but not your head honcho. Kobe's were more contested too.

if Curry breaks it, I'm guessing it will be more impressive than Lawson's, because he'll have to do it as the main man AND as a known threat.

kobe wasn't the main man on that team, there was that other guy in the middle, im not even sure 9 in a row could be hit without getting at least half of them being generally open catch and shoots. Ty's were all open though, Parsons not so much.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: Curry's going to break Kobe's 12 threes record...soon.

Telleris wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
Telleris wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:

And we'll all be .

Whoa! Good catch!

Ty Lawson.

kobe wasn't the main man on that team, there was that other guy in the middle, im not even sure 9 in a row could be hit without getting at least half of them being generally open catch and shoots. Ty's were all open though, Parsons not so much.

Not in 2002/03 when the record happened he wasn't.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
I think Klay is a even better shooter.

But he's more dependent on sets. Curry has superior handles and can fabricate a shot out of thin air.

I agree. Both guys are amazing, but Curry has truly special ability. He is much better than I gave him credit for coming out of college.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Curry's greatest strength is his pullup (which is extremely rare for 3 point shooting), but for some odd reason he tends to slip when in catch and shoot situations, im not exactly sure why but it looks like his motion is a little more fluid on the pullup.
TNLakersFanInLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject:

My sig...
Monta Ellis: "Kobe is #1, I'm #2, LeBron is #3."
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Telleris wrote:
Curry's greatest strength is his pullup (which is extremely rare for 3 point shooting), but for some odd reason he tends to slip when in catch and shoot situations, im not exactly sure why but it looks like his motion is a little more fluid on the pullup.

His pullup is crazy good. He often gets a screen way up past the 3 point line, and he's able to launch the ball perfectly as soon as he turns the corner. I mean, the defender is right there but it doesn't matter. He's almost starting to shoot as soon as one leg gets past the screener. I don't know of anyone else who can pull this move off, especially with that kind of accuracy. Kobe can do this, but first he has to be aware of it, then spend a couple of days copying it.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
Telleris wrote:

His pullup is crazy good. He often gets a screen way up past the 3 point line, and he's able to launch the ball perfectly as soon as he turns the corner. I mean, the defender is right there but it doesn't matter. He's almost starting to shoot as soon as one leg gets past the screener. I don't know of anyone else who can pull this move off, especially with that kind of accuracy. Kobe can do this, but first he has to be aware of it, then spend a couple of days copying it.

In that game yesterday, they were saying he's 46% off pullups and 36% off catch and shoots, now i was just going off my eye test (which i know can be off), but that could well be the biggest negative differential in nba history (most players are something like 10% better off catch and shoot)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: