Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Phillycheese wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
tonman wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
13th Man wrote:
Sniper008, I would agree with you if BScott was consistent with this strategic logic up until now. I don't quite understand why Lin was being held accountable all of the sudden when other players have been playing horrible defense as well and not receiving such treatment.

Nothing wrong with questioning this decision, if James Worthy questions it there must be some validity to this critcism.

There is some validity to it but it probably has something to do with the fact that Lavine is a Rookie. I was shocked that Scott made some type of in game adjustment for the first time this season tho it turned out to be a bone-headed one. However, Lin should take it personal if a ROOKIE is going off on you, body him up, rookies don't get calls, Lin could've gotten a way with a lot! to prevent Lavine from going off. Just look at Kobe for example he took Wiggins to school tonight. There was a reason Wiggins was mentally checked out all game, Kobe took it to him early. Lin should watch and learn.

With 3 min left. Yeah wouldn't it be better if done earlier? and I already mentioned Lin took it back to lavine and scored. Lin was not mentally out. You are trying to come up with excuses.

You're not making any sense, Lin allowed a rookie to go off on him he got benched, and that's the end of that. The reason Lavine went off tonight is the same reason Curry always has one of his best statistical games against us. Lin needs to develop a mean streak if he wants to continue to be a starter in this league.
You're logic makes no sense. Lavine did most of his scoring int he 2nd and 3rd yet Lin played the whole third. Why didn't he get subbed out in the 3rd like normal and then come back in with 6 min left in the game?

It is not my logic, it's the coaches logic. And this is not about Lin, it's about the lakers. Also Lavine didn't score in the 4th quarter maybe because coach put Ellington on him instead of Lin, so the strategy actually worked. Maybe next time Lin will learn not to get light up by a rookie. End of discussion.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject:

freethrow wrote:
Phillycheese wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
tonman wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
13th Man wrote:
Sniper008, I would agree with you if BScott was consistent with this strategic logic up until now. I don't quite understand why Lin was being held accountable all of the sudden when other players have been playing horrible defense as well and not receiving such treatment.

Nothing wrong with questioning this decision, if James Worthy questions it there must be some validity to this critcism.

There is some validity to it but it probably has something to do with the fact that Lavine is a Rookie. I was shocked that Scott made some type of in game adjustment for the first time this season tho it turned out to be a bone-headed one. However, Lin should take it personal if a ROOKIE is going off on you, body him up, rookies don't get calls, Lin could've gotten a way with a lot! to prevent Lavine from going off. Just look at Kobe for example he took Wiggins to school tonight. There was a reason Wiggins was mentally checked out all game, Kobe took it to him early. Lin should watch and learn.

With 3 min left. Yeah wouldn't it be better if done earlier? and I already mentioned Lin took it back to lavine and scored. Lin was not mentally out. You are trying to come up with excuses.

You're not making any sense, Lin allowed a rookie to go off on him he got benched, and that's the end of that. The reason Lavine went off tonight is the same reason Curry always has one of his best statistical games against us. Lin needs to develop a mean streak if he wants to continue to be a starter in this league.
You're logic makes no sense. Lavine did most of his scoring int he 2nd and 3rd yet Lin played the whole third. Why didn't he get subbed out in the 3rd like normal and then come back in with 6 min left in the game?

+1
Lavine was scoreless in the fourth quarter so it makes no sense to sit Lin at that point for defensive reasons. We were actually playing solid defense on him in the fourth. Anyway BScott made his move and we lost another game we should have won and that's the end of that.

Yeah Lavine was scoreless in the 4th quarter because Lin was on the bench.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject:

kastuul wrote:
I don't know why the Lakers can't set a play to shoot 2pts in the last 2sec.

Non-sense to shoot 3.

Exactly, this is the real issue at hand. This is what fans of the team should be concerned about.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

freethrow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
Phillycheese wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
tonman wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
13th Man wrote:

It is not my logic, it's the coaches logic. And this is not about Lin, it's about the lakers. Also Lavine didn't score in the 4th quarter maybe because coach put Ellington on him instead of Lin, so the strategy actually worked. Maybe next time Lin will learn not to get light up by a rookie. End of discussion.

We totally collapsed down the stretch so I don't know what strategy actually worked
tonman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
freethrow wrote:
Phillycheese wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
tonman wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
13th Man wrote:

+1
Lavine was scoreless in the fourth quarter so it makes no sense to sit Lin at that point for defensive reasons. We were actually playing solid defense on him in the fourth. Anyway BScott made his move and we lost another game we should have won and that's the end of that.

Yeah Lavine was scoreless in the 4th quarter because Lin was on the bench.

LaVine and Lin were on the court together for a little over 1 min of the 4th quarter. Both players did not score when they were on the court together. If Ellington was guarding LaVine, who was guarding Mo Williams? Kobe?
freethrow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Actually it was Ellington on Mo and Kobe on Lavine in the final minutes. Mo scored five straight after Lin went to the bench - an open three pointer and a layup. So much for the defensive substitution.
Phillycheese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
Phillycheese wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
tonman wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
13th Man wrote:

So your point is Lavine scored 28 but Lakers up by 3 is better or wrse than Lavine scoring zero and Lakers down by 1?
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:32 am    Post subject:

Phillycheese wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
Phillycheese wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
tonman wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
13th Man wrote:

So your point is Lavine scored 28 but Lakers up by 3 is better or wrse than Lavine scoring zero and Lakers down by 1?

No my point is the lakers are 3-12, they still would have lost even if Lin wasn't benched. A couple of pages back a poster already described what Lin did to get benched, so it was Lin's fault he got benched not because Byron Scott has something against Lin. And he wouldn't have made a difference down the stretch anyways, he is not a difference maker.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:33 am    Post subject:

You ride with your best guys down the stretch, and Ellington is not better than Lin by any standard.
MorlockO
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:11 am    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
Phillycheese wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
Phillycheese wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
tonman wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
13th Man wrote:

No my point is the lakers are 3-12, they still would have lost even if Lin wasn't benched. A couple of pages back a poster already described what Lin did to get benched, so it was Lin's fault he got benched not because Byron Scott has something against Lin. And he wouldn't have made a difference down the stretch anyways, he is not a difference maker.

You should ignore those posts like everyone else did. probably just a bait post.

Back on topic, if Lin is not a difference maker down the stretch then you think Ellington is? he has been bad all game. -12 he was the worse laker all game.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
Phillycheese wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
Phillycheese wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
tonman wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
13th Man wrote:

We don't know why he was benched because Scott didn't say why. So everyone is guessing. It may just have been Scott was trying something that didn't work. And he can make a difference, anyone who has seen Lin play for years knows that is the case and both in positive and negative ways.
allyoop
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject:

Benching Lin was not the answer. You needed Lin's scoring punch but then again, defense is more important to BS. Which is why Price gets so many minutes despite sucking it up on the offensive end.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
Phillycheese wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
Phillycheese wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
tonman wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
13th Man wrote:

We don't know why he was benched because Scott didn't say why. So everyone is guessing. It may just have been Scott was trying something that didn't work. And he can make a difference, anyone who has seen Lin play for years knows that is the case and both in positive and negative ways.

Well I have yet to see him make a difference on this team. Steve Blake did a better job leading this squad last year, and we still called him bagel when he underperformed.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

allyoop
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
Phillycheese wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
Phillycheese wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
tonman wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
13th Man wrote:

Well I have yet to see him make a difference on this team. Steve Blake did a better job leading this squad last year, and we still called him bagel when he underperformed.

If you thought Lin was going to be a liability on defense can you imagine what Steve Nash would have looked like?
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject:

freethrow wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
Phillycheese wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
tonman wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
13th Man wrote:

We totally collapsed down the stretch so I don't know what strategy actually worked

We know it absolutely didn't work.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject:

allyoop wrote:
Benching Lin was not the answer. You needed Lin's scoring punch but then again, defense is more important to BS. Which is why Price gets so many minutes despite sucking it up on the offensive end.
...and the defensive end.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject:

Sniper008 wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
Phillycheese wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
Phillycheese wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
tonman wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
13th Man wrote:

Now that's just hater talk.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
bws94 wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
Phillycheese wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
Phillycheese wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
tonman wrote:
Sniper008 wrote:
13th Man wrote:

Now that's just hater talk.

No far from it.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

terpski
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject:

EVERYONE guarding Lavine was getting lit up not just Lin. Lavine scored over Wesley Johnson, Ellington and Price. To say it was just Lin is wrong.
trunkz08
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject:

terpski wrote:
EVERYONE guarding Lavine was getting lit up not just Lin. Lavine scored over Wesley Johnson, Ellington and Price. To say it was just Lin is wrong.

That's true, watching it live it felt like he got torched, but I re-watched it again, he was scoring on everyone. But because he was playing the PG position people automatically assume it was Lin who gave up all the points.
lakerpr
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject:

trunkz08 wrote:
terpski wrote:

That's true, watching it live it felt like he got torched, but I re-watched it again, he was scoring on everyone. But because he was playing the PG position people automatically assume it was Lin who gave up all the points.

Once Levine turned the corner, he faced zero interior defense. It is a failure of the team/system.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45
Page 45 of 45
Jump to: