Just signed up for the Season Ticket waiting list. What happens next?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersFanMD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Just signed up for the Season Ticket waiting list. What happens next?

I searched the forum for information on this, but couldn't find anything that was up to date and relevant.

I live in Baltimore, but am moving to LA in a year or two. My girlfriend and I mailed our deposit to join the wait list. We know that we won't get tickets before we move, because the list is so long, but does anyone have an idea of what the time frame should be? Also, what is the process from here in terms of determining our seats and hearing back from the ticket office?

Thanks. Sorry if this is on the wrong section of the forum.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject:

What happens next? You wait.

It truly depends on the Lakers season ticket renewal rate. A few years ago, it was reported to be at almost 100% and there's been a number of years where people believe it to be 95%+, meaning there aren't that many tickets becoming available for the waiting list. Of course, this could all change when Kobe retires, or if the team struggles for the next few seasons. I know that after Shaq was traded, a large number of ticket holders did not renew, opening up seats for new people on the waiting list.

In terms of the process once you're called for availability: they invite you to Staples during the offseason, where seats are marked with bright paper showing which are available for you, and you are then offered a choice. Existing ticketholders are first offered upgrades to their seats, and then the new waitinglist members get offered choices.

You'd likely start in the 300s if you want a pair of tickets, probably in the diagonal or baseline sections, and will eventually be able to move your way towards center court and then the lower bowl.

None of this is fact, the process changes often from what I have heard, but this is the best I understand it.
LakersDC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject:

After 8/24 retires, probably a lot of people will not renew unless we get Wiggins or some other exciting guy. I still wonder who will be the next Laker great.
LakersFanMD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Thanks guys. I hope I get a spot soon, but because I won't be in LA this year and maybe not even next year, it looks like I should be in good shape.
aplmu1
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject: Season ticket holder upgrades

Long time reader. First time poster. Anyway, a lot was made about a good number of season ticket holders possibly not renewing (not me). I know the upgrade process has started this year with a new online system letting you view all available inventory. My upgrade time isn't for a little bit. I wanted to ask anyone who has season tickets and has gone through the upgrade process as to what kind of seats were available? Were there a good number of open seats? Any 100 level tickets?
EddieJonesss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject:

I'm interested in understanding the process as well. From what I understand, the 100 level seats are pretty much impossible to jump into right away because someone from the 200 and 300 sections will always be in line to fill those places before a new buyer has access to it.
Laker328
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject:

I just got my lakers season tickets this year after 8 years on the list. There were tons of tickets available in every section. I got 2 seats in section 115 row 15. Awesome seats. If the lakers are good, you will be on the list for years. If they suck you will have your choice of seats. There were even seats available behind the lakers bench about 8 rows up. It is pretty much first come first serve when it comes to new buyers. People that have season tickets already get first choice if they want to upgrade or switch seats. When you buy new tickets, they take you into the arena and all the seats available have color codes paper on the based on pricing. You see the seats you wants and your rep takes the paper and you go and pay.
bchang2001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:08 pm    Post subject:

I had season tickets and have also been on the waitlist for 4 more since 2006. Started about 1900 on the list. After all this time I believe I am still about 900 on the waitlist. but I did get an opportunity to select seats this year in which I declined. There seemed to be plenty of seats available in all sections. Current ticket holders also have the option to improve their seats if they choose. but this year I decided not to reup my tickets since the lakers will be miserable for at least this and next year. You might have to wait a few years but once Kobe retires or the lakers continue to do poorly, there will be less interest to keep the season tickets.
Briancluan
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject:

Me and my friend were on the waiting list for around 5 years. We got the email this year to select our seats! We got 4 seats in section 208.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: