Derrick Rose lists latest medical condition on warmup shirt

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Derrick Rose lists latest medical condition on warmup shirt

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/11990119/derrick-rose-chicago-bulls-wears-breathe-shirt-reference-eric-garner

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject:

I can't tell you how many times I've seen people in my ER's say "The person is saying "I can't breathe" therefore, he/she must be able to breath. Absolutely not true. Eric Garner couldn't breath because 6 goons were sitting on his chest.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:06 am    Post subject:

Good for him. I would love to see Kobe wear one of those too.
TooCool
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:07 am    Post subject:

What's next? Is he going to lay on the court like a moron?
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject:

TooCool wrote:

Considering how often he injures himself, I expect him to be laying on the court very soon.
PostMalone24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject:

lol you guys are aholes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject:

This thread is so awful, but I laughed anyway.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Floyd24NDLAL wrote:
lol you guys are aholes

I agree. Some juvenile responses to a very serious nationwide problem. SMH

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject:

TooCool wrote:

Easier to post something so asinine as to leave no doubt that one is a moron.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
I can't tell you how many times I've seen people in my ER's say "The person is saying "I can't breathe" therefore, he/she must be able to breath. Absolutely not true. Eric Garner couldn't breath because 6 goons were sitting on his chest.

As some one who has unfortunately had the feeling of not being able to properly breath due having the air removed from my lungs, I completely get the fact that one can speak despite the fact that your ability to breath is restricted.

Breathing is a two step process. One can speak while trying to suck in air while stimulating their vocal chords - try it after holding your breath for awhile. The problem arises when your muscle memories tries to breath despite the fact that your lungs are demanding that you can't expel the air within them because they are demanding more air. Your body has difficulty finding the rhythm it is used to.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:

As some one who has unfortunately had the feeling of not being able to properly breath due having the air removed from my lungs, I completely get the fact that one can speak despite the fact that your ability to breath is restricted.

Breathing is a two step process. One can speak while trying to suck in air while stimulating their vocal chords - try it after holding your breath for awhile. The problem arises when your muscle memories tries to breath despite the fact that your lungs are demanding that you can't expel the air within them because they are demanding more air. Your body has difficulty finding the rhythm it is used to.

Also, one can be extremely hypoxic due to insults such as CHF, Pulmonary embolism, Fat embolism etc, and be able to say "I can't breath" just as you are 60 seconds from full cardiac arrest. Seen it many times.

In Mr. Garner's case, he couldn't breath because he couldn't come close to expanding his lungs enough to breath in enough air to maintain oxygenation. He could phonate because he could expand his lungs a little, bit not nearly enough to compensate for the weight on his chest and his increased oxygen demands due to the increased stress response of the incident.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: