KINGS -at- LAKERS - 12-9-14 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB! Nice to have a win to neutralize our impatience and criticism just a little bit. Even though I tend to agree with what most are saying I will still root for those being criticized. I'll still be rooting for B Scott to make progress and implement his vision. I'll still be rooting for both Price and Lin to succeed in the system. Still rooting for both Boozer and Wes to be effective on both offense and defense. Still rooting for Kobe to put his dominant mark on each game.

If we can get some more wins maybe it will tone down all the personal agendas for particular players which is getting very tiresome to look at.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
WHAT I LIKED:

That pass from Kobe to Hill. Whew!

That was Magic-like from that distance away from Hill and through traffic.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject:

Yeah, good to see a win but there were major problems with the offense last night. Still, good to see a win and DBs wrap up is on point as usual.

PGs scored a total of 5 tonight down from 6 the last game. That's pathetic points production, 11 in 2 nights from 2 guards. That should be the minimum production for Lin.
Des0rbit
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject:

We need more of Lin and Davis. Why is it not happening?
webattorney
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject:

It seemed to me that Collision was effective in weaving to the rim no matter who was guarding him. Collision looked down right elite, except for missing FTs.
LegionOfDoom
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:
Yeah, good to see a win but there were major problems with the offense last night. Still, good to see a win and DBs wrap up is on point as usual.

PGs scored a total of 5 tonight down from 6 the last game. That's pathetic points production, 11 in 2 nights from 2 guards. That should be the minimum production for Lin.

I really don't think Scott wants any scoring from the PG position. And Lin is foolish to take the BS words so literally. You can increase your defensive intensity without totally sacrificing your offensive production. Youre only going to be on the floor for 20 mins a game so go crazy on both ends.
fafan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject:

LegionOfDoom wrote:
bws94 wrote:

I really don't think Scott wants any scoring from the PG position. And Lin is foolish to take the BS words so literally. You can increase your defensive intensity without totally sacrificing your offensive production. Youre only going to be on the floor for 20 mins a game so go crazy on both ends.

Then next game will be on floor 10 mins.
Unstable
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Thanks db, still waiting to see when bs will wake up to allow for more Lin Davis combo.....
JLinfanJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject:

I am a long time JLin fan (all the way back to his breakout summer league game against John Wall), and I've been reading this forum ever since Lin got traded to the Lakers.

I have been so impressed by how knowledgeable, and fair, Lakers fan base here seems to have been to Lin since the trade, that I decided to actually sign up on these forums.

Please keep up the good work, because I always learn from what you write.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject:

LegionOfDoom wrote:
bws94 wrote:

If Price is not generating offense by his defense, why is he playing before Lin?

Kobe playing with Boozer and Ellington makes sense if Hill is also on the court.

JLin with Davis, Swaggy P, Johnson and Clarkson would be good
Charisma
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject:

bws94 wrote:

BS told Lin to get the others involved, and that's what he tried to do. Instead of looking for his own shots he was trying to set others up.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Funny that every opposing PG gets their personal highlight reel against the Lakers. Here's Collison:

It didn't matter who was on him. He pretty much abused everyone.

(0:05- don't let the Price fool you indeed).
JLinfanJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:05 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Funny that every opposing PG gets their personal highlight reel against the Lakers. Here's Collison:

It didn't matter who was on him. He pretty much abused everyone.

(0:05- don't let the Price fool you indeed).

If you watched the pre-season Kings game (Lin and Davis started with Ellington, Sacre, and Johnson because Kobe, Boozer, and Hill decided to rest that game), may I ask what did you thought of Lin and Davis as a defensive tandem that game?

To me (I don't understand team wide x and o, and tunnel vision in on individual matchups), they looked great together containing Collison, and seemed like only minor issue with the tandem was that they tended to gravitate to same spot on floor at times, e. g. getting into position for rebound they actually crowded each other out. I think Lin also crowded out Davis going for a block first Suns game that Ed Davis was also getting into position to block.

Lin also seemed to do really well at containing Collison, one and one off ball, when Collison was coming off the bench for Clippers last year (I think 4 / 14 shooting) and Chris Paul was point guard on floor at same time (Rockets trying to guard him with Chandler Parsons):

http://popcornmachine.net/gf?date=20140329&game=LACHOU

(game seemed to get away from Rockets when they went with Isaiah Canaan as back up point guard late in third quarter and start of fourth quarter)

Last edited by JLinfanJoe on Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:20 pm; edited 8 times in total
almondpocky
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Someone please tell Byron Scott

Lin and Davis should always be paired up. I dont care if it's starting or not starting. And if those two are NOT starting, be sure to put enough offensive weapons into the starting lineup like Nick Young.

by the way. Ive followed lakersground for over ten years, and finally decided to register coz I just had to put this out there.

Last edited by almondpocky on Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject:

I watched that game, but I don't remember it well enough to comment on the defense.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:01 am    Post subject:

Why is Byron de-emphasizing Lin? He's a weapon if used correctly, he can penetrate and score/dish and, though he's struggled a bit lately, is a solid FT shooter to have in late in games. Ellington and Kobe and Kobe as PG to close, come on Byron. A confident Lin in end of halves and games is a weapon.

Byron is coaching like someone pulling things out of a hat but never Kobe's name, everyone else's.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: