Shelburne: "I'm Not hearing that the Lakers Front Office have a Vision"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philipm35
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Doesn't matter if Kobe and Magic's opinions differ because Magic is not apart of the org.

I didn't listen, but if that's her evidence for us having no direction....

Apart=NOT a part of something. Describes Magic perfectly.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject:

the lakers FO has just told her to GTFO and she is bitter.

she is a bandwagon sports reporter anyways like Dave Mcwhatever who went to Cavs.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject:

I'm unable to get to the Shelburne inteview. How do I access it?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Disguise yourself as an ice cream sandwich and wait outside ESPN LA offices.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
laker4life wrote:
she compared our situation by talking about how Phil faced the New York media for like 30 minutes to discuss his vision. Phil answered alot of these questions, etc.

She commented the Lakers are not doing that now. Who is the voice of the Lakers she asked.

Interesting commetns.

Maybe she should look at what the Knicks are doing right now, how the players are rebelling against Phil, saying they hate the triangle and want a new system and how Phil is saying they have a losers mentality.

All the stuff Phil talked about vision is crumbling within a single season.

The Lakers have always kept their cards close to chest and most of the time people didn't even know about a trade happening till the second before it did.

Ramona acting like this is something new, or something only Jim has done pretty much only shows how they're reaching for a story.

The Lakers have never gone out of their way to hold press conferences discussing their visions yet to happen. They don't reveal jack squat and it's been that way for years.

Ramona's way off base here because she really doesn't know anything, because the Lakers aren't going to leak it. Jeanie knows the vision and Kobe knows the vision. Ramona won't cause Ramona isn't that important.

So she adds to a story, and once again, compares it to how "phil did his business"

Phil also traded Tyson Chandler for Samuel Dalembert, shall we sweep that under the rug?

Anyway, it's the same old same old from the ESPN reporters we should come to expect by now when they have no real story.

Her basis for saying the Lakers have no direction is pretty much on the lines of "well I haven't heard anything.."

and you never will Ramona.

Agreed. As far as I'm concerned, I've heard enough of their vision. They want to get better. That's all I need to know. What are we expecting from them, to say that they'll sign this guy and trade for that guy and the other teams will just be ok with it??

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?id=12006561

A bit after the 35 minute mark.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Thanks dbaw.

Romona may not be hearing because she's not really listening.

What I garner from her "I'm not hearing" is she's not looking at the big picture. She's not looking at the cap being acquired, the 1 year contracts leaving room to sign quality FA's, the good young players we have to build a bench from.

IMO she's looking at a win now approach, Jeanie, Jim and Mitch are not. She's saying LA fans may not be willing to wait. I'm a LA fan, I'm willing.

I've said in the past and I reiterate. Jim said he has a three year plan, if it doesn't come to fruition he's going to step down. I'm willing to see if he's a man of his word.

GO LAKERS FO

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Thanks dbaw.

What I garner from her "I'm not hearing" is she's not looking at the big picture. She's not looking at the cap being acquired, the 1 year contracts leaving room to sign quality FA's, the good young players we have to build a bench from.

IMO she's looking at a win now approach, Jeanie, Jim and Mitch are not. She's saying LA fans may not be willing to wait. I'm a LA fan, I'm willing.

I've said in the past and I reiterate. Jim said he has a three year plan, if it doesn't come to fruition he's going to step down. I'm willing to see if he's a man of his word.

GO LAKERS FO

Yeah, maybe the FO learned from their mistakes the last time the fan base wasn't willing to wait. Obviously, that was a gamble that didn't pan out so now it's time to look at playing the long game.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Thanks dbaw.

GO LAKERS FO

My sense was that she was referring to a vision of what style the team will play, and what their identity will be during the 48 minutes, and not referring to future personnel plans. The comment came right after talking about the Knicks dedication to the triangle and the way Phil wants to see basketball played, and they will try to find the guys to play that way. Right now there is not a clear sense of what the Lakers coach and FO want the players to be doing on the court. At least it isn't being communicated to us. And I think there are multiple factors to that. One is Byron might not be here long, two, is Kobe's strong personality and influence on the play, three is the amount of 1 year contracts we have. I think we are trying to stay flexible in this field as well as with the roster. Leave ourselves open to playing the style that best fits any marquee free agents we sign later.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Magic didn't actually say he wanted the Lakers to tank. He said "I hope the Lakers lose every single game because if you're going to be bad, go all the way."

Tanking, as I understand it is, a team's intent to do less than everything it can to win. Magic wants them to lose to get a lottery pick but I just can't believe he means to tank.

I guess I just don't want to believe he wants them to tank.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: